PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Flow at night

ScottC4746
07-10-2011, 07:04 AM
I went yesterday 9 July and what a mess. I was standing just to the right of the castle watching the fireworks. After the fireworks I was going to leave the park. The traffic was routed around the hub counterclockwise. I think it is easier to lane change on a Southern California freeway than it was to get over so I could go out Main Street. Anyways, I got swollowed up in the traffic flow to the Frontierland Bridge. After we crossed the bridge they had benches to seperate the flow of traffic. I was going to loop around the restaurant near Pirates of the Caribbean and take that route back through Adventureland to get out. What happened was before we got to the Golden Horseshoe the benches stopped and I guess I was too far to the left and again got swallowed up in that crowed heading the other way to the gap that shortcuts to Adventureland. I went with it since that was where I was heading anyways. We get back to the hub and we meet up with the fireworks crowd that was piled all the way to the Town Square heading back into the park. Again, I got swooped into that traffic flow and back through Frotierland I go. By the time I got near Pirates of the Caribbean, the second show of Fantasmic let out. Need I mention what happened next?:p
Of course EVERYONE in the crowds were mooooing the entire time.

Malcon10t
07-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Wow, I've watched the fireworks many times from the hub and never had that happen!

cstephens
07-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Of course EVERYONE in the crowds were mooooing the entire time.

I'm finding that hard to believe.

BlkPearlCptn
07-10-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm finding that hard to believe.

LOL Last time I was there, was also caught in the traffic during the fireworks. EVERYONE was also "mooing." It was really funny. And of course, my group "mooed" right along with them.

Werner
07-10-2011, 11:20 AM
I guess whenever I'm about to get "stuck" like that, I tend to retreat to some little corner someplace -- and let the world go by. Then, when it's safe to emerge, I'll make my way to wherever I'm going without all that "corralling" action. :p

Kuzcofan
07-10-2011, 11:21 AM
/comfort scotttc4746 Looking at all your posts today sounds like you didn't have a very good time on your last visit. This thread, the parking nightmare thread and the harbor galley thread. Sorry to hear about all your problems...

tea4two
07-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Agree with Kuzcofan, from looking at Scott4746's comments, it sounds like he isn't having a good visit. Sorry about that. :(

We were there last night (7/09) by the castle, too, and didn't experience any problems. After the fireworks finished, we slipped over to watch the last set of swing dancing and let all the crowds pass by. Funny, we thought the crowds were lighter compared with last weekend! When I bought popcorn at the hub after the fireworks, I was the only person in line -- can't remember the last time that happened!

Malcon10t
07-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Hopefully, you get a do over soon Scott. I'm sorry your trip was so problematic.

PoomShanka
07-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Again, I got swooped into that traffic flow and back through Frotierland I go.

It's very annoying getting swooped!

danyoung
07-10-2011, 06:24 PM
I guess whenever I'm about to get "stuck" like that, I tend to retreat to some little corner someplace -- and let the world go by.

This!

Grandpa Louie
07-10-2011, 08:15 PM
I'll try to remember to weep myself to sleep.

Goodnplenty
07-11-2011, 07:15 AM
The "mooing" had me giggling. The first time I experienced this was during a marathon race. Everyone was separated into their class and start positions but then everyone had to funnel thru this one gate to get to the street. There were "handlers" sitting above the gate shouting directions. Well, everyone starting mooing and before you knew it the handlers were whistling and yippying us "doggies" along. Everyone had a good laugh.

GnP

letshavefun
07-12-2011, 09:09 AM
I have been caught up to traffic like that also. We hold onto each others belt loops. We saw a big group trying to stay together and they used their cell phones raised in the air open so they were lit up. That was pretty clever. Most of the time I get on the train and do a few laps letting the crowd get out. But we go in the summer and know it is going to happen so plan around it if we're not going to be watching fireworks or F!

shna
07-12-2011, 11:09 AM
We usually just sit on a bench or a wall or something & wait for the crowds to thin.

leota's necklace
07-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Yeah, times like that are when I head for the train -- or plan in advance to be nowhere near Main Street/Adventureland/NOS.