PDA

View Full Version : New safety spiel on Screamin'

mcampisi
06-03-2003, 08:16 AM
I read that there was a new safety spiel at the start of California Screamin' that tells you to keep your head back and then counts down to the launch. Does this play over the inital music track? I used to love the start of the song and the king of "ticking" sound as you waited for the coaster to launch. It added to the suspense. If it's now just some voice saying 3...2....1..... where's the fun in that?

jtracy
06-03-2003, 09:41 AM
The voice is over a loudspeaker, not the internal coaster car speakers. I didn't care for it as it eliminated the anticipation, which is part of the thrill.

femmfaerie
06-03-2003, 10:37 AM
No anticipation? That is half the ride! Well, kinda....the first time I rode we waited for the front - coasters are best if our in front! We hadn't paid any attention to watching the other coasters take off...and while we sat there we were talking trying to figure out why all the people were there watching the coaster and the people on it... Man did we find out! Jeeze - I was so not expecting that! What a blast!

HBTiggerFan
06-03-2003, 05:38 PM
You may find this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16171&highlight=Screamin) discussing the new countdown from the beginning of May interesting.