PDA

View Full Version : Petite Patisserie -- what is it?

Christiii
06-03-2003, 08:05 AM
ok, Ive been to Disneyland about a zillion times, and have never heard of this..Ive seen this mentioned in a couple of threads, and would love to hear about it!! Also, are there othjer hidden treasures that are not known by everyone?? I know club 33 and long to go...:rolleyes:

Andrew
06-03-2003, 10:59 AM
It was the service window outside Cafe Orleans, just across from Jewel of Orleans. They sold deep-fried waffles drizzled with different kinds of syrup or sauce, and those really tall slushie drinks. It closed about five years ago and is unlikely to reopen.

Bill Catherall
06-03-2003, 11:25 AM
Shhhh...Don't tell anyone. (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/detail/dining?id=LaPetitePatisserieDiningPage)

:confused: Last time I was there (April) it was open, but I've never eaten there.

Christiii
06-03-2003, 11:43 AM
yep I know what it is now..I think its always been open when Im there..so I didnt really see it as a hidden treasure like I read somewhere else..they have the mint juleps there, and a big cinnamon crisp thing that my mom loves..also they juststarted selling funnel cakes..which are really good!!

mousketeer
06-03-2003, 11:52 AM
Like, Bill, I have seen it open in the last year. It is usually open only during summers. The Patisserie is on the site of Lafitte's Silver Shop, and serves great wafle cones and slush drinks. Kevin Yee has a great page about it here.www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Cabana/1051/pastry.html

mousketeer
06-03-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Christiii
yep I know what it is now..I think its always been open when Im there..so I didnt really see it as a hidden treasure like I read somewhere else..they have the mint juleps there, and a big cinnamon crisp thing that my mom loves..also they juststarted selling funnel cakes..which are really good!!

Actually Christiii, you are referring to the Mint Julep Bar, which is open regual hours and is on the side of the French Market. Another terrific hidden treasure of New Orleans Square.

Christiii
06-03-2003, 11:58 AM
yep, you are right!! thats what I was thinking of..so maybe I never have seen this one open :( I looked up a pic of it on the web, and it looked like the mint julep door..hmmm..sounds like I need to investigate when Im there!!

Morrigoon
06-03-2003, 12:06 PM
And for the record.... the funnel cakes are made fresh again! :)

Had one last weekend, and they're back to being delish!

dsnylndmom
06-03-2003, 12:26 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mint julep:p

swtkissez
06-03-2003, 01:06 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmm funnel cake :p

Andrew
06-03-2003, 01:30 PM
I'm really really surprised. This location was unlikely to ever reopen--the fixtures had been removed and it was being used for storage and as a base for the Haunted Mansion Holiday cookie decorating activities. Great to hear that it's reopened!

mousketeer
06-03-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
I'm really really surprised. This location was unlikely to ever reopen--the fixtures had been removed and it was being used for storage and as a base for the Haunted Mansion Holiday cookie decorating activities. Great to hear that it's reopened!

1. It was open last summer.
2. It has a nice page on Disneyland.com with fancy graphics.
3. It is still officially listed as an eatery at City Hall.
4. Since this eatery runs ad-hoc hours, its hard to know when it will be open. It is ususally closed during the school year, and is open late June to late August, whenever crowds are largest.

efoxx
06-03-2003, 06:28 PM
its the pastrie shop in France in the world showcase at epcot.

OH NO you're in the wrong forum aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh:~D

rexfarms
06-03-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by mousketeer

3. It is still officially listed as an eatery at City Hall.

Can you get an official list of attractions and or eateries at City Hall? And that Disneyland.com link doesnt work for me. Thanks people! :D

mousketeer
06-03-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
Can you get an official list of attractions and or eateries at City Hall? And that Disneyland.com link doesnt work for me. Thanks people! :D

Possible not, but I just called City Hall, and they said it still was seasonal. Also, I believe it was on park maps before the 2-park map. :mad: :mad:

MonorailMan
06-03-2003, 08:17 PM
I knew it! I always saw it there, but with the little sign, mom thought it was decor, and I was going nuts that I saw it open once.

I even pointed out the little "Order", "Pick-Up" tags, but she still thought I was crazy.

I went up to her today and said,
"Mom, your wrong!. No, it was open, and that's the truth, actual, and everthing is satisfactual." :fez:

TheatreTech
06-03-2003, 08:22 PM
Possible not, but I just called City Hall, and they said it still was seasonal. Also, I believe it was on park maps before the 2-park map.

Yes, that is correct. It's a strange thing that I do. (now that I think about it, I don't know why I do it :confused: ) Every time I go to DL I get a map. (I have stacks of them) and in the old one-park map; the one I'm looking at is from May 2002; "La Petite Patisserie" is listed under under the restaurants.

mousketeer
06-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
I knew it! I always saw it there, but with the little sign, mom thought it was decor

Sort of the story of the Pastry Window - people think it is a decoration. Maybe an outdoor counter or out-laid walls would help.

cstephens
06-03-2003, 09:46 PM
But they don't have the waffle desserts anymore, so what's the point? :(

mousketeer
06-04-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
But they don't have the waffle desserts anymore, so what's the point? :(

Uh, they do. They're just never open to serve any.

Kevin Yee
06-05-2003, 09:43 AM
I've got to back Andrew on this - I'm surprised it's been opened again. Large parts of its infrastructure were removed and carted away.

If they were able to open it, it must be without many of the signiture food items.

mousketeer
06-05-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Kevin Yee
I've got to back Andrew on this - I'm surprised it's been opened again. Large parts of its infrastructure were removed and carted away.

If they were able to open it, it must be without many of the signiture food items.

Either I am hallucinating, or I remeber having a chocolate waffle cone and some sort of slush drink there last year. :confused: :confused:

Morrigoon
06-05-2003, 06:52 PM
Oh MAN do I miss those waffles! (I believe the real name for them is gaufres, so if you get them at DLP that's what you ask for - yes, DLP still has em)

Those things were GOOD!

ryguy
06-05-2003, 11:33 PM
I remember napoleon's those things rocked thats when they had real Pastry's.
Good viddels