PDA

View Full Version : Closing all AP Centers at Disneyland and DCA

CMHusband
07-06-2011, 10:18 PM
As of July 31st there won't be an AP center in Disneyland or California Adventure. From that point on all transactions wil be done at the ticket booths. They will then ask you to upload a photo to the website or have the Photopass people shoot one and upload it for you. The photos don't show up on the passes anymore, but they do show up on the monitor when you scan into the park so they can see if its you or not.

MidwayManiac
07-06-2011, 10:25 PM
but they do show up on the monitor when you scan into the park so they can see if its you or not.

Understood.

And with all its resources, DLR should also find a way to make my pic pop up when I buy a meal or souvenir so I don't have to produce a photo ID each time.

rickosuave1987
07-07-2011, 01:56 PM
And with all its resources, DLR should also find a way to make my pic pop up when I buy a meal or souvenir so I don't have to produce a photo ID each time.

That sounds like a good idea, since i think most if not all POS stations have a full monitor attached to the register...

Only con I see is that you could potentially upload a picture of someone else and let them use your pass... Not sure if they allow you to change your picture or not once uploaded though...

Drince88
07-07-2011, 05:49 PM
So the ticket booths will actually have all the 'blanks' finally? I couldn't believe that in February they STILL couldn't do an entire (straightforward) transaction at the booth for a Premier.

familymemories
07-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Thanks for letting us know.

MadasaHatter
07-08-2011, 05:52 PM
I for one am glad for this. All reality transactions should take place outside the parks. I didn't mind it so much when the AP center was in the bank on MAIN ST. as it sort of fit with the theme but that great big wasted space for just AP. I don't even know what that restaurant was called. So now it is going to be the BLUE RIBBON Bakery and they are going to put my beloved Ice Cream Parlour back??? I can dream.....

cstephens
07-08-2011, 09:06 PM
So if you want to upgrade your multi-day ticket to an AP, you have to go back outside and stand in the ticket booth lines again? Or at least guest relations? That doesn't seem like a good idea.

dban3
07-09-2011, 09:16 AM
One less line to stand in (in Disneyland anyway - DCA's AP center seldom had a crowd that I could see). Those castmembers can now be put to better use in other parts of park operations starting with Guest Relations which also can have a line literally out the door.

gibson510
07-09-2011, 10:26 AM
So I just bought my AP online a few weeks ago and I'm going in August. Should I wait in line at the ticket booths before I even enter the park to have my pass processed?

CMHusband
07-11-2011, 08:58 PM
So I just bought my AP online a few weeks ago and I'm going in August. Should I wait in line at the ticket booths before I even enter the park to have my pass processed?

When you purchase online, you should have had the option to have your pass mailed to you, or pick up at will call which means they will print it out for you at the booth when you get there.

Tinkermommy
07-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Only con I see is that you could potentially upload a picture of someone else and let them use your pass... Not sure if they allow you to change your picture or not once uploaded though...

It will be interesting to find out, because that is EXACTLY the first thought that popped into my head! I think they'd have to limit how many times you can change your picture in a year or something to prevent this. Kids change, so pictures will have to be able to change periodically. (The Tinkerteen's pic is only 2 or 3 years old, but it looks nothing like her now.) If there's no limit or check, I can totally see this being used to cheat. I hope it doesn't become a problem that ends up requiring us to show our ID at the gate, too!

rickosuave1987
07-12-2011, 01:16 PM
I hope it doesn't become a problem that ends up requiring us to show our ID at the gate, too!

If that ends up being the case, then I will need a new driver's license picture to go with my AP since my DL picture is 8 years old...:fez:

3Princesses1Prince
07-13-2011, 01:01 PM
It will be interesting to find out, because that is EXACTLY the first thought that popped into my head! I think they'd have to limit how many times you can change your picture in a year or something to prevent this. Kids change, so pictures will have to be able to change periodically. (The Tinkerteen's pic is only 2 or 3 years old, but it looks nothing like her now.) If there's no limit or check, I can totally see this being used to cheat. I hope it doesn't become a problem that ends up requiring us to show our ID at the gate, too!

I think they shouldn't be able to change it once its uploaded until its renewed.

club33az
07-14-2011, 10:17 AM
I know everyone here (except you, Madasahatter) is talking about the AP center closing and the impact it will have on the AP'ers, but I'm just thrilled to have that place turned back into a restaurant. It should never have been closed to make way for some paper pushing Administrative building. I mean, come on! It's in the middle of the park! Why move it out of the bank and into an area that was sorely needed at the top of Main Street.

That being said, welcome back!!

3Princesses1Prince
07-15-2011, 10:14 PM
I know everyone here (except you, Madasahatter) is talking about the AP center closing and the impact it will have on the AP'ers, but I'm just thrilled to have that place turned back into a restaurant. It should never have been closed to make way for some paper pushing Administrative building. I mean, come on! It's in the middle of the park! Why move it out of the bank and into an area that was sorely needed at the top of Main Street.

I thought they were moving the princesses to that area in Disneyland????

ChrisGlass
07-16-2011, 07:10 AM
I thought they were moving the princesses to that area in Disneyland????
That'll be just north of that, where the dance stage is at night. (Near the secret bathroom)
The current AP place will go back into the themed bakery.

MadasaHatter
07-16-2011, 05:37 PM
i know everyone here (except you, madasahatter) is talking about the ap center closing and the impact it will have on the ap'ers, but i'm just thrilled to have that place turned back into a restaurant. It should never have been closed to make way for some paper pushing administrative building. I mean, come on! It's in the middle of the park! Why move it out of the bank and into an area that was sorely needed at the top of main street.

woo hoo!