PDA

View Full Version : Golden Horseshoe/ridemax question

Zigen
07-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Hi all,

It's been a couple years since visting D-land. I'm using ridemax for the 1st time and trying to see if a trip to the golden horseshoe on July 7th (tomorrow) works with this itineary. The show starts at 1pm.

The itineary says:
12:13 PM Star Tours (use FASTPASS) Tomorrowland
12:31 PM Scheduled Break (I would goto Golden Horseshoe at this time show starts 1pm)
1:39 PM Send Runner to Get Indiana Jones FASTPASS
1:46 PM Runner Get Indiana Jones FASTPASS Adventureland
1:54 PM Captain EO Tribute Tomorrowland

Will this give us enough time to get to the golden horseshoe in time to line up and get decent seats?

How long is the show? 30 mins?

Any suggestions and/or help will be much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

MammaSilva
07-06-2011, 05:58 PM
If you are in Tomorrowland at 12:20/25 and head for the Golden Horseshoe you are not going to get good seats, you'll be lucky to get a table. We were there last weekend and waited outside as the first show let out and people left, went in as they were leaving and managed to get good seats, 10 minutes later the place was at capacity and that seems to be the norm. The show is totally worth your time especially if you're going to combine it with a bit of a break/meal but it does fill to capacity with a swiftness.

Zigen
07-06-2011, 06:49 PM
I see, thanks for your input. I'm going to try to schedule the lunch break earlier to give us more time. The golden horseshoe is a must see thing, best served with lunch.

dban3
07-09-2011, 12:50 PM
I see, thanks for your input. I'm going to try to schedule the lunch break earlier to give us more time. The golden horseshoe is a must see thing, best served with lunch.

Not sure about the lunch part. Hopefully the latest repaint / refurbishment of the place took care of it but for the longest time, the smell of cooking grease was quite noticeable when you first walked in. Outside of ice cream and cake, just about everything they serve is deep fried. But even with the stench, its a can't miss on any trip.

mitch
07-11-2011, 10:15 AM
I tried to visit the Golden Horseshoe on Friday, all the tables on the ground level were full but the balcony was closed. I asked one of the CMs when they were going to be opening the balcony and they said it was closed indefinitely due to some regulation about the height of the railings. :-(

Mitch

dban3
07-11-2011, 10:23 AM
I tried to visit the Golden Horseshoe on Friday, all the tables on the ground level were full but the balcony was closed. I asked one of the CMs when they were going to be opening the balcony and they said it was closed indefinitely due to some regulation about the height of the railings. :-(

Mitch

WOW.....First Alice in Wonderland, then the first row balcony seating at the Hyperion Theater, and now this. This railing business it getting out of hand, or necessary, depending how you look at it. There weren't a lot of tables and chairs upstairs at the Golden Horseshoe but it probably allowed another 40 or 50 people to squeeze in.

oregontraveler
07-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Hmm, I wonder if the Rangers accident has TDA on edge with the railings.