PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks outside the park?

ainsley09
07-02-2011, 07:57 PM
The DL website says there will be the 4th of July firework concert in the sky tomorrow the 3rd as well. I was thinking of going with DH and DD to DTD to have dinner and then watch the fireworks. Which would be a better spot - On top of the parking structure, or from the esplanade? I have a PAP so we'll most likely just park in the structure anyway. I assume there's no music in either spot? Unfortunately DH does not have a pass, and there's no way he'd go on one of the busiest days of the year!

Tink Lover
07-03-2011, 12:24 AM
I asked this question myself on a previous thread, and decided that the esplanade was the way to go, mostly for the music - which apparently is 'usually' provided, but not 100% guaranteed. Also it seemed like it would be more comfortable experience, as well - kind of like watching a parade with a whole bunch of other people who have the same idea. I surfed on youtube and found a video that someone had posted from there, and it looked pretty darn good to me!

But it turned out the fireworks were cancelled on the day we were going to see them in the esplanade, so I cannot tell you much more :-(

MidwayManiac
07-03-2011, 12:50 AM
The top of Mickey and Friends offers some of the best views from anywhere possible but, unfortunately, the accompanying sound can be overbearing. Each time there's a really loud boom in the sky - and there are probably 25 to 40 per fireworks show - it sets off a reaction of car alarms in the parking structure. It's not for everyone. Last time I was up there I lol'd when a few people nearby complained "this is really ghetto!"

I've been up there when the most of the 5th and 6th floors are vacant of cars which makes for a relatively nice quiet show (I mean quiet in terms of not many car alarms going off) ... and I've been up there when the top floor is nearly full of cars and the alarms can be quite loud and annoying in that case. Doesn't bother me personally but just sayin', beware.

queenbetsey
07-04-2011, 08:39 AM
a bit late as I just saw this post but on the third floor of the paradise pier hotel they have the music piped in and a great view. they may even have the bar open up there. it is not as if you are going to use the pool so you should be able to just go on up

Grandpa Louie
07-04-2011, 12:51 PM
If you like big bangs, the roof of the parking garage is the place to be.