PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Jacket

LandShark
07-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Hi all! Brand new to the Planet (check out my post in the Lounge), and I'm hoping someone can help me find a piece of Disney Merchandise/Memorabilia.

BACKSTORY: My family (wife and kids) went to Disneyland in 2005 and stayed at the Californian for 3 days of Disney fun. When we checked out, my wife handed me a bag, wished me a belated happy Father's Day and told me to look inside. I did, and much to my delight I found a 50th Anniversary black and tan leather jacket with patches commemorating each 10 year period since the Park opened. I immediately fell in love . . . with my wife all over again and, of course, with the jacket. I always felt proud wearing it, and every time I wore it, I was reminded of our great little vacation helping to celebrate the half century anniversary of Walt's vision. The jacket was "lost" this past week before we left on our most recent trip to the Park. It was likely stolen, but I say "lost" because I won't accuse one of a theft without proof. Either way, I was devastated.

THE HELP I NEED: I am looking to replace this jacket. I would prefer a new one, but slightly used would, I guess, be acceptable. I need it in XXL. If anyone at all can help me track one down, I would be indebted, grateful and even willing to pay a small finders fee (either to the finder or perhaps to a worthy charity of the finder's choice) to one who helps me locate and purchase such a jacket. I feel incomplete without it and truly miss having this very visible reminder of our happy times at hand. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.