PDA

View Full Version : Sentimental for Disneyland

mystycalchyk
06-02-2003, 03:27 PM
Ok my hubby and I just got back from a whirlwind 10 day Walt Disney World adventure. It was the first time I'd been there in like 20 years and the first time ever for him..

We both are missing Disneyland more than ever. We loved Epcot, MGM and Animal Kingdom, but were so so so so so so so (cant have enough "so's" in here) disapointed in the Magic Kingdom.

Who else after having experienced both prefers our humble little MK to the great big one down there?

I have to say the one attraction that left the worst taste in my mouth was what they did to my beloved Tiki Room. I cant even speak about it without becoming misty eyed.

*sigh*

please for the love of all that is right and good and Disney please tell me there are no plans to revamp the our Tiki Room in Ca to that Disco nightmare...*sigh*

sorry had to vent a bit..there was so much just wrong.....I cant wait for our annual New Years Trip to our beloved Disneyland.

Lost Boy
06-02-2003, 03:47 PM
I have known a number of people whom I have met thru e-mail that have only been to WDW because they live in the Eastern area. Everyone of them who have been out here and experienced Disneyland have come to me afterward and said how much they loved Disneyland compared to "The Magic Kingdom". How the smallness is more pleasant and the Cast Members more like family. I have said it before and I will say it again, bigger isn't necessarily better.:D

mad4mky
06-02-2003, 03:54 PM
We felt the same way as you do about WDW's Magic Kingdom. We are a family of 5...and each of us felt that it just didn't have the "magic" of DLR.
We loved the other parks though...and loved being immersed in the magic of the whole resort. But we all were disappointed at Magic Kingdom.

But...I can say that we did not feel that way about DLParis. The park is absolutely beautiful. The detailing and the wonderful way they put together the park is truly gorgeous. There were times while there that I was jealous of some of their attractions, detailing and magic. I wish our beloved DL park could have some of the truly wonderful things that they did at DLParis.
The only thing that was a downer there...the gum. Gum stuck everywhere. And, they are rather slow at picking up the garbage. But other than that...the park is truly a jewel.

And...I agree with you. If they ever decide to "upgrade" our beloved Tiki Room to the travesty they have done to WDW's...I think I will have to break down and cry...

JCLowesman
06-02-2003, 08:34 PM
As a transplanted Califonian living in Florida, let me add my 2 cents.

You couldn't be more right about the MK having the "wrong feel." I've tried to put my finger on the difference during several visits, and the best I can come up with is there is no closeness to it. DL has a certain comfortable feel to it, like an good pair of old shoes that just mold to your feet. MK doesn't fit as well. It's like visiting a rich batchelor's home. All the elements are there, but the spark seems to be missing. Am I making sense?

dsnylndmom
06-02-2003, 11:39 PM
I totally agree with you! I've been a diehard Disneyland addict since my first trip at 5 years old but couldn't wait to try WDW. When I was 20 I finally got a chance and was so upset with the MK. I had fun and it was nice, but I didn't get the same misty eyed feelings as I do at Disneyland. In fact I will never forget riding Space Mountain at MK, it was so much lighter and the Matterhorn style seating was so uncomfortable!!

Now we are going for the first time as a family in August and I'm curious to what my boys are going to think. My older son, he'll be almost 9 then, really gets into the 'Disneyland Magic' so I'm sure he'll say something, my younger son is only 4(although he's a fellow addict too)so to him it will just be more MIckey probably.

Oh and they better not hurt my dear Tiki Room at DL!!:mad: