PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Forever CD

DisneyBob
06-02-2003, 03:04 PM
Does anyone know if Disneyland is still doing the "Disneyland Forever" CD, where guests can burn their own CD with theme park music, sound bytes, etc??
I am interested in getting a CD with all the Disneyland safety announcements, in English and in Spanish... Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks alot!

JeffG
06-02-2003, 03:14 PM
The Disneyland Forever CDs were discontinued quite some time ago. The kiosks in Tomorrowland are now poster-on-demand kiosks and the ones on Main Street are preview kiosks for various Disney Records releases.

-Jeff

gliterrboy
06-02-2003, 03:15 PM
Are there any online sites that show the poster-on-demand poster options?

BrerFox
06-03-2003, 06:48 AM
Yah I'm intersted in getting so sound bytes myself.
Its the closest thing to Disneyland..........besides going there:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Any O.K. quality recordings would work just fine.

:) Thanx:)

mousketeer
06-03-2003, 11:56 AM
Disneyland Forever custom CD's were sold at the Premiere Shop and somewhere on Main Street. Never overly popular, the kiosks closed about a year ago.

Flubber
06-03-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by BrerFox
Yah I'm intersted in getting so sound bytes myself.
Its the closest thing to Disneyland..........besides going there:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Any O.K. quality recordings would work just fine.

:) Thanx:)

*COUGH*eticketradio*COUGH*

The kiosk weren't super popular but :geek: like me bought whatever they had.

Andrew
06-03-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by mousketeer
Disneyland Forever custom CD's were sold at the Premiere Shop and somewhere on Main Street. Never overly popular, the kiosks closed about a year ago.

It's not that they weren't popular, it's that the people in charge never added to the original somewhat sparse selection of tracks. Once you had all the tracks (or at least all you wanted), there was no reason to buy more.

mousketeer
06-03-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
It's not that they weren't popular, it's that the people in charge never added to the original somewhat sparse selection of tracks. Once you had all the tracks (or at least all you wanted), there was no reason to buy more.

Your'e right. Plus the system was a bit over assuming and tedious for it to ever catch on.

Tigertail777
06-04-2003, 12:47 AM
Also it wasnt advertised very well.. you kinda had to be "in the know" to find them and use them. Had they put up posters in a lot of the shops something like: "take home the sounds of your happy magical memories, by making your own custom cd of ride or attraction sounds... just go to X shop on Main st. " I think it would have done better if they did some kind of simple advertising like that. Plus if I remember correctly there was more than one kiosk: I think there was one tucked away in Tomorrowland if I remember correctly, and maybe NOS as well.

Lost Boy
06-04-2003, 08:16 AM
The store that is now pin trading in Tomorrowland was a Tomorrowland Merchandise Store right after the new Tomorrowland opened and it wonderful exlusive (and in some cases very expensive) Tomorrowland Merchandise. It also had 6 kiosks and the New Century Music Store on Main Street had 4 kiosks. I was there for Press Opening Day of the New Tomorrowland and the kiosks in Tomorrowland where up and running with Imagineers there to man them and explain them to us. Also, on that day only, there were tracks that were taken off when the Land opened to the public the next day. I have 8 CD's with every track including those special one day only tracks in my collection. I don't have them here at work, but if you e-mail me at home (see my profile if you don't know it already) and I will make a list of what I have. I could also be talked into copying stuff for you if any of you don't have these, or want only certain things. I have plenty of blank cd's and Roxio CD copier, so no problem in making copies.

SteveK
06-05-2003, 11:48 AM
The price seemed to be the biggest issue for me. If I remember right, it was around $20 per cd and you were limited by the number of tracks you could put on each cd regardless of how much time/space you used on the cd. For example, if you were limited to 10 songs per cd, it didnt' matter if you picked 10 1 minute songs or 10 10 minute songs....10 was all you got. Anyways, I've been lucky enough to track many of the tracks down on the internet as well as several that were never like "adventure thru inner space". Good Stuff!
-Steve:D

DivaPrincess
06-05-2003, 12:53 PM
TryDisneylandsource (http://www.disneylandsource.com) . They have lots of old stuff. Or, even Kazaa.

SteveK
06-05-2003, 01:49 PM
Unfortunately, disneylandsource only has stuff in Real Audio format which i'm unable to put on a cd. I've found a few things on Kazaa but WinMX is the real goldmine. Audiogalaxy was even better before it was shut down.
-Steve