PDA

View Full Version : Mountain? What mountain?

Pages : [1] 2

BrerFox
06-02-2003, 11:52 AM
This is something I was wondering about....

The other day I was talking to a co-worker and a ACE member and we were discusing all the attractions in Cal. Anyway, my co-worker( I work at Suncoast:| .) talked about a possible attraction on TSI. He said it was going to be a volcaneo (....GIRRRR!...can't spell!) with a roller coaster like Stealth at Great America. For those of you who haven't had the privalige to ride Stealth it faces the rider strait down as you go through the ride.

Was there a plan for Fire Mountain?:confused:

iAmJacksDLand
06-02-2003, 12:02 PM
It would be rather impossible to have an attraction, much less an e-ticket attraction on TSI. Unless they built some sort of tunnel underneath for entrance and exit, the rafts wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand.

I've heard rumors of that area in the back of frontierland, the Hunchback of Notre Dame area, could become an e-ticket. But I know nothing for sure.

scaeagles
06-02-2003, 12:33 PM
Not to mention the conflicts with all of the Fantasmic operations on TSI, I would suppose.

Tref
06-02-2003, 12:40 PM
As impossible as it may seem to build a ride on TSI, I remember something very close to that idea being discussed a few years back (though nothing to do with a volcano) As unlikely as it seems, who would have thought they could squeeze a ride the size of Indiana Jones into Adventureland? I guess anything is possible.

scaeagles
06-02-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Tref
who would have thought they could squeeze a ride the size of Indiana Jones into Adventureland?

Ahh, but no parking lot to expand into when in the center of the park.

Laffite
06-02-2003, 01:49 PM
only the Indy queue (and only part of it) in to Adventure land. The rest is off the park. You can see the show building from the DtD tram-station, Mickey's side. The the huge green building.

Warm regards,
Preston.

rexfarms
06-02-2003, 02:19 PM
What does Fire Mountain have to do with Tom Sawyer?:confused:

lazyboy97O
06-02-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
What does Fire Mountain have to do with Tom Sawyer?:confused:

You don't remeber when they land on the volcanic island in the middle of the Mississippi River? I would argue it's the best chapter in the book?

Besides, I thought Fire mountain was 20,000 Leagues' replacement at WDW.

rexfarms
06-02-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by lazyboy97O
You don't remeber when they land on the volcanic island in the middle of the Mississippi River? I would argue it's the best chapter in the book?

Oh yeah duh, thats the same island where Becky gets pregnant. ;) :p

cemeinke
06-02-2003, 05:48 PM
DLP's Big Thunder Railroad runs on the island in Frontierland, and it loads on the mainland shore - So Disney could certainly arrange a similar set up for Disneyland's Tom Sawyer Island. No doubt if this was done we might see this island rethemed as some other Frontier destination.

DisneyFan25863
06-02-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
DLP's Big Thunder Railroad runs on the island in Frontierland, and it loads on the mainland shore - So Disney could certainly arrange a similar set up for Disneyland's Tom Sawyer Island. No doubt if this was done we might see this island rethemed as some other Frontier destination.

But how would the Mark Twain get across? Would the train go underground?

cemeinke
06-02-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
But how would the Mark Twain get across? Would the train go underground?

Yup - that's how it works in Paris. The train starts by dropping into a tunnel that takes you to the island - very cool.

iAmJacksDLand
06-02-2003, 08:21 PM
You guys! What are you talking about?! Leave Tom Saywers Island along! It's bad enough that they are going in and safety-proofing the entire thing so comes off as incredibly fake. Can't we have one place left that isn't overrun by eager guests, fastpasses in hand.

Ya'all need to go out and canoe around the river three or four times and get a bit of a different perspective on Disney.

A Challenge: Go to the DLR, and do NOT ride one e-ticket. Do the small stuff. Think about it.

cemeinke
06-02-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by iAmJacksDLand
A Challenge: Go to the DLR, and do NOT ride one e-ticket. Do the small stuff. Think about it.

Do it all the time ;)

And from what I've seen of the work on TSI, I think we all might be surprised at what they've accomplished. Afterall both the barrel bridge and suspension bridge have been restored and are now open to guests.

And yet half the island is still closed to guests - though the earlier warnings of hostile indians have been removed. Perhaps there's room for something else?

Morrigoon
06-02-2003, 08:47 PM
There already IS a tunnel to TSI, a CM tunnel, but it's been closed for ages due to (I hear) it's leakiness. I suppose they could make it safe, add some show and a way to get there and have guests use it....

But I have my doubts.

9oldmen
06-02-2003, 10:24 PM
A tunnel to TSI??!! If that is true, it is THE best kept secret in the park! Can anyone else confirm this?

rexfarms
06-02-2003, 10:29 PM
Believe Morrigoon, I do. ;)

swtkissez
06-02-2003, 10:31 PM
There is a tunnel there, but yes it is closed due to a safety hazard. It was known to flood a lot. I believe it was a custodial tunnel and kept supplies for them.

Remember, there is a whole city under DLand, i wanna check it out sometime, i haven't had the chance being at DCA and all.

rexfarms
06-02-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by swtkissez
There is a tunnel there, but yes it is closed due to a safety hazard. It was known to flood a lot. I believe it was a custodial tunnel and kept supplies for them.

Remember, there is a whole city under DLand, i wanna check it out sometime, i haven't had the chance being at DCA and all.

YEAH! Check out this link, shows pics of the underground city! http://www.flash.net/~kpellman/Underground.html :p

BrerFox
06-03-2003, 06:41 AM
hummmmm........maybe its more complicated than I thought. :(

Oh well..thanx for the insite/info:fez:

9oldmen
06-03-2003, 07:24 AM
Disneyland is more like Michael Chrichton's "Westworld" than I thought.

hbquikcomjamesl
06-03-2003, 10:02 AM
Would anybody here care to buy some swampland?

Is anybody else here aware that the word, "gullible," is not in any dictionary?

swtkissez
06-03-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by rexfarms
YEAH! Check out this link, shows pics of the underground city! http://www.flash.net/~kpellman/Underground.html :p

Lol, ok thats not what i meant, bad word choices on my part. teehee. i meant there are several underground places at dland, like underneath Tomorrowland, and so on.

tabacco
06-03-2003, 11:19 AM
I'm not sure I'd consider riding Stealth to be a privelege ;)

rexfarms
06-03-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by swtkissez
Lol, ok thats not what i meant, bad word choices on my part. teehee. i meant there are several underground places at dland, like underneath Tomorrowland, and so on.

LOL I knew what you meant, I'm just messing with you.:D