PDA

View Full Version : Just curious...

ScottC4746
06-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Who catches themselves walking down Main Street huming along to the music or even singing the words?

IllusionOfLife
06-27-2011, 06:50 PM
I do! Not just on Main Street though, I have an extensive playlist in iTunes of Disney Parks music and so I frequently catch myself humming a familiar song in all different areas of the Parks.

dban3
06-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Love the music. It just adds so much to the atmosphere but I can't carry a tune though so I just take it all in and enjoy.

carolinakid
06-28-2011, 03:45 AM
You mean like this?
Put on your Sunday clothes when you feel down and out.
Strut down the street and have your picture took...:fez:

destinationdisney
06-28-2011, 07:37 AM
While walking down Main Street I sing "Right down the middle of Main Street USA" from the old Disneyland Fun video. I do it everytime, I can't help it haha

shna
06-28-2011, 08:36 AM
I do! Sometimes out loud, sometimes in my head.

leota's necklace
06-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Does breaking into spontaneous dance numbers also count? 'Cause I do that, too.

PlayGirlBunny
06-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Does breaking into spontaneous dance numbers also count? 'Cause I do that, too. lol awesome I love it.

Julie Mouse
06-28-2011, 11:48 PM
Sing, hum, dance, skip, smile....all of the above! Favorites: Surrey with the Fringe on Top, Put on Your Sunday Clothes, and of course...I'm Walking Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA (which I don't think is on the loop, but sometimes just comes into my head)!

skimbob
06-29-2011, 09:52 AM
I sing everywhere in the park if there is something good to sing to. I sing on some of my favorite rides as well as during the fireworks. I don't sing loud enough for others to hear even though I am a singer. You can't really help yourself.

DwarfPlanet
06-29-2011, 10:09 AM
I sing everywhere in the park if there is something good to sing to. I sing on some of my favorite rides as well as during the fireworks.

Ditto

I even go by Innoventions and start thinking about a great big beautiful tomorrow :-)

mousecanuck
06-29-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm apologizing in advance, in case you ever happen to come across me in person...I am a whistler, by blood. Not really good, but good enough that if I'm describing a song to someone and they don't get it, I whistle it and they do. And I can't help but start to whistle with certain songs, especially Disney songs. And whenever nothing happens to be floating in the void between my ears and I need some 'tunes', I often start whistling some of the classic Diney tunes (all the love themes - A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes, When You Wish Upon a Star, Someday My Prince Will Come...) and I love love love You've Got a Friend in Me. Once a co-worker overheard me but didn't know it was me so she posted a note on our internal computer program - 'I don't know who it was, but thanks for the lovely Disney serenade at the photocopier'...

OT - favorite song to sing and get boos from co-workers while at the photocopier is 'Someday my prints will come...' (it's a REALLY slow printer...) ha ha - boooooo!

SigalTchelet
06-29-2011, 11:03 PM
My favorite song: "In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Room" :D:D:D

Kuzcofan
06-30-2011, 03:00 PM
I have caught my wife a few times talking back to the animatronic seagulls on the buoy on the submarines. Mine,Mine,Mine,Mine.

Kuzcofan
06-30-2011, 03:01 PM
My favorite song: "In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Room" :D:D:D

We taught our African Grey Parrot that song.

candles71
07-01-2011, 09:45 AM
I have caught my wife a few times talking back to the animatronic seagulls on the buoy on the submarines. Mine,Mine,Mine,Mine.
There was a point in time we swore they were saying, line, line, line... just to mock us. ;)

Of course, I sing walking down Main street. DH is also a whistler. He whistles at the dog in Pirates. :)

Kuzco we may need a video of that.

DwarfPlanet
07-07-2011, 10:44 AM
OT - favorite song to sing and get boos from co-workers while at the photocopier is 'Someday my prints will come...' (it's a REALLY slow printer...) ha ha - boooooo!

Ouch!!!! ;-)

3Princesses1Prince
07-07-2011, 12:42 PM
DH hums the "Celebrate" parade song most of the way home every trip. (that's how I know he's a closet Disney freak, and the eyerolls when I'm in trip planning mode is just for show) :p

When our local frozen yogurt shop has pineapple (read dole whip!) I make the kids sing the Tiki Room song to me while I eat!!

Disney_Nut
07-07-2011, 06:41 PM
All the time. There's one particular song that I really enjoy listening to. I can't remember the name of it, and it's bugging me. :) If I hear it playing, I'll usually stop what I'm doing, and listen to the entire song.

disney4iv
07-08-2011, 09:58 AM
While walking down Main Street I sing "Right down the middle of Main Street USA" from the old Disneyland Fun video. I do it everytime, I can't help it haha

The kids and I always sing this one too!!

danyoung
07-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Who catches themselves walking down Main Street huming along to the music or even singing the words?

I absolutely do that, and I'm not at all embarrassed to do it, either! I recently recorded the whole hour long music bed from live365.com (the Mouse Radio station!), and have it on my mp3 player. Takes me right back to Main Street anytime I want!!!

Disney_Nut
07-11-2011, 04:02 PM
I finally found out the name of the song I listen to every time. It's Wells Fargo Wagon. Bugged me for years not knowing. :)

carolinakid
07-12-2011, 04:09 AM
^^^^^^
Another gem from the score of The Music Man!

familymemories
07-12-2011, 10:15 AM

Our family does that. We hum and catch ourselves singing throughout the whole park.

ScottC4746
07-15-2011, 05:56 AM
I sing everywhere in the park if there is something good to sing to. I sing on some of my favorite rides as well as during the fireworks. I don't sing loud enough for others to hear even though I am a singer. You can't really help yourself.

True. I catch myself singing along with Grim Grinning Ghosts and then God help me Small World then that D#$% song is stuck in my head the rest of the day.