PDA

View Full Version : Pirates premiere [crowds]?

Elisabeth
06-02-2003, 08:52 AM
So my husband and I decide to take our 4 year old to the park this summer. We made our reservations ect. last week. Ok here's the funny part...... The dates I reserve are June 27, 28 and 29. Now I knew darn well that premiere was that weekend but for some reason I spaced it. Oh well........

How busy is the park expected to be on that weekend? Anyone else going to be there?

TheManator
06-02-2003, 10:57 AM
It depends.
I heard that DL will be closed extra early on the night of the premiere, so that means DCA will probably be pretty packed.

Darkbeer
06-02-2003, 11:23 AM
I would take advantage of the 6:30 AM openings on Friday and Saturday, you should have a few hours each morning that you can do anything (Spent a lot of time in Fantasyland, since there are no FP's here). Take a nap Friday afternoon, so you can see the Fireworks that night

Saturday, well the west side will have restricitive pathways, so it might seem busier than normal. No idea what will happen, it might be quieter than normal since folks will be warned about the early closing, but some folks might show up to star gaze (and they might not even allow folks to see the arrival). DCA will be busier than normal, but you still should be able to see the Electrical Parade, especially if you line up in the Paradise Pier/Route 66 area (most folks sit at the front end of the parade).

You will survive, and I think a few of us from MP will be there Saturday just to see how the day turns out.

RideMax Mark
06-02-2003, 12:04 PM
I agree -- if you can get to the park that early, a 6:30am opening is a rare opportunity to get a LOT done before the crowds start showing up later in the morning.

Elisabeth
06-02-2003, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the tips guys!

Disneyphile
06-03-2003, 10:42 AM
Here's some info just passed to me from a studio CM:

New Cast Member Block-Out Date - June 28, 2003

On Saturday, June, 28, 2003, Disneyland® park will host over 1,500 invited Guests for theworld premiere of Walt Disney Pictures' Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl. The event will be held in New Orleans Square and will be limited to invitedguests only, including the cast, filmmakers, and other celebrities and media representatives from all over the world.

To support the event, Theme Park and location hours have been revised and plans have beendeveloped to provide a seamless experience for our Resort Guests. Therefore, to ensure that our Guests may fully enjoy the magic of the Resort, June 28 has been added as a block-out date for all Employee/Cast Member Main Entrance Admission Passes (silver, blue and green passes) at both Disneyland® park and Disney’s California AdventureTM park.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this change may cause and thank you for your continued support!

ChipmunkStar
06-03-2003, 01:09 PM
So.... Does that mean Cast Members can still enter the park as guests?

I mean it only says for the Sign in passes, but nothing about Cast ID's theselves...

swtkissez
06-03-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Disneyphile
Here's some info just passed to me from a studio CM:

New Cast Member Block-Out Date - June 28, 2003

On Saturday, June, 28, 2003, Disneyland® park will host over 1,500 invited Guests for theworld premiere of Walt Disney Pictures' Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl. The event will be held in New Orleans Square and will be limited to invitedguests only, including the cast, filmmakers, and other celebrities and media representatives from all over the world.

To support the event, Theme Park and location hours have been revised and plans have beendeveloped to provide a seamless experience for our Resort Guests. Therefore, to ensure that our Guests may fully enjoy the magic of the Resort, June 28 has been added as a block-out date for all Employee/Cast Member Main Entrance Admission Passes (silver, blue and green passes) at both Disneyland® park and Disney’s California AdventureTM park.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this change may cause and thank you for your continued support!

BOO!

So.... Does that mean Cast Members can still enter the park as guests?

Probably, but not for the premiere. Seeing how we only have 2 block out days while sign in passes have much more. Makes sense. They also probably figure alot of cast members will be working that day too. If you go in, like the other guests, we would be kicked out at 6:30 too!

I wanna go, *pouts lips*! teehee.