PDA

View Full Version : fantasmic last night [Malfunction on June 25]

dac1997
06-26-2011, 07:50 AM
Did anybody happen to see the second show of Fantasmic last night (6/25)? And if you did do you happen to have any video of it?

Malcon10t
06-26-2011, 08:11 AM
The Columbia broke down. It happens.

dac1997
06-26-2011, 08:25 AM
I have a buddy that is good "friends" with the crocodile, and he was hoping to see what it looked like. See the croc flip a U turn and head the other way. :)

dban3
06-26-2011, 12:19 PM
The Columbia broke down. It happens.

Sometimes it seems like seeing a fully functioning Fantasmic running on all cylinders is the equivalent of throwing dice or flipping a coin. That's been my luck anyway.

IllusionOfLife
06-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Sometimes it seems like seeing a fully functioning Fantasmic running on all cylinders is the equivalent of throwing dice or flipping a coin. That's been my luck anyway.

At least it's more reliable than Indiana Jones Adventure ;)

dban3
06-26-2011, 02:35 PM
At least it's more reliable than Indiana Jones Adventure ;)

On the money there. Here's my IJA conspiracy theory.... I've never seen a ride open in a shutdown status more - I mean, first thing in the morning, closed. "When will it open?" "We don't know, it could be a few hours". My thought is it that there is so much wear and tear on the costly hydraulics and tires , so much power consumption in the show building, that its probably cheaper for Disney to close the thing down for a few hours at a time.

lola2009
06-26-2011, 06:12 PM
I was there on the 18th and the same thing happened, don't have any video though. All the characters did there pom pom dance from the stage. First time that's happened while i've been there.

bumblebeeonarose
06-26-2011, 06:52 PM
When we were at Disneyland June 13-17 at least a dozen rides broke down. The two worst were BTMR and Screamin as they both broke down on multiple days. IJA was broken down just once that we witnessed. Alice broke down when we were at the front of the line.

JunJunM3
06-26-2011, 10:46 PM
I guess there's some issues with the Columbia lately. Me and my friends saw F! early last week and as the Columbia passed us by during the Peter Pan sequence, it was actually being pushed from behind by one of those rubber inflatable boats.

StarTourist
07-01-2011, 07:04 AM
On the money there. Here's my IJA conspiracy theory.... I've never seen a ride open in a shutdown status more - I mean, first thing in the morning, closed. "When will it open?" "We don't know, it could be a few hours". My thought is it that there is so much wear and tear on the costly hydraulics and tires , so much power consumption in the show building, that its probably cheaper for Disney to close the thing down for a few hours at a time.

That's odd. As far as I can tell, IJ's 'sister' attraction at WDW's Animal Kingdom, Dinosaur, does not have the same problem. Is the Indiana Jones Adventure really that prone to breakdowns? The last time I was on it was way back in 2001, and it seemed to be working just fine.

animal24
07-04-2011, 08:42 AM
I guess there's some issues with the Columbia lately. Me and my friends saw F! early last week and as the Columbia passed us by during the Peter Pan sequence, it was actually being pushed from behind by one of those rubber inflatable boats.

HA! Awesome!

SeanMouse
07-10-2011, 06:42 PM
I like conspiracy theories. I casually asked a cast member once while I was in line about all the closures on IJ. With out going into the cm's lengthy answer I was basically told the software the ride runs on requires a lengthy reboot whenever it senses a possible saftey protocal being breached, including running all the cars through sans passengers and getting all of the effects to sync back up. Youll see that on the matterhorn quite a bit when they cant get people on and off to stay in sync with all the bobsleds running youll hear the warning beeps going off.

WITron
07-11-2011, 01:24 PM
I Youll see that on the matterhorn quite a bit when they cant get people on and off to stay in sync with all the bobsleds running youll hear the warning beeps going off.

When we went on the Matterhorn last year, we got to reride several times in a row because of this. They moved us over to the side and let us ride again without getting out. We could have gone again, but my daughters wanted to go on something else.