PDA

View Full Version : I know this will make me a perfectionist but...

Mike
08-15-2001, 10:51 AM
Here comes the most pointless, cosmetic, unimportant rant you could deal with. Yes, this is more cosmetic than that DIG update reporting about the POTC workers' socks... But it still nags me, so here we go:

COULD THEY PLEASE FIX THAT RAILROAD SPIEL!?!

I last went to DL in Nov 99, and they had the train spiel cut up into all kinds of pieces. It seemed like there was five places where the spiel was cut for a timewaster like parades for today and we hope you enjoy your stay, etc etc. And no offense to the people running the DLRR (I know they take a lot of pride in working at their attraction) but the equipment just makes you sound like you have marbles in your mouth.

This happened when I was there last at Frontierland (have to cut the burning cabin dialogue out, after all), and almost all of Tommorowland (no Monorail + No Autopia = Pointless Spiel).

The crowning achievement of all this is that the Primevil World music carries on longer than it's supposed to, so you have Main Street with the dramatic blare of the music, like there's some terribly vicious sight to see people shopping. :eek:

I saw a recent video of a round trip train trip and they're still doing this in so many places.

I understand the broken attractions are working so they don't need to cut it as much as I saw, but now with the closing of the Bears they'll be cutting it up more. The last two times I can remember where they re-made the spiel was after Splash Mountain and after Mickey's Toontown were completed.

Will we have to wait until Pooh to get a new train spiel already!!!

( Well, I told you it was a pointless rant, but I guess while some people may be concerned about things like kids rides at DCA, I'm simply more concerned with train spiels. Ah well.

And yeah, I know any Jungle Cruise ride always provides a better spiel than the train;) )

DisneylandKid
08-15-2001, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Mike
And yeah, I know any Jungle Cruise ride always provides a better spiel than the train;) )

I think that they should improve the Jungle Cruise speakers. I can hardly ever hear what they are saying.

I also wonder why they took out the burning cabin!? Did the firefighters finally come? :)

And, Mike, as for the train narration, it has never really bothered me. The only time I've noticed is when we arrived in NOS and even after the train had stopped the narration went "We are now arriving at the New Orleans Square train station. Please wait until the train comes to a complete stop...." Maybe the trains are going faster than the used to??