PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic! questions

sancho
06-01-2003, 02:54 PM
I am a new member here and I have two Fantasmic! questions.

First of all, I am planning a trip to DLR in August. I know that Fantasmic is scheduled to be up and running then. However, does anyone have any reason to doubt that this will be the case. In your opinions, do you think that the ROA rehab will have a positive or possibly negative effect on Fantasmic!

Secondly, I love the show. It is among my favorite attractions in the parks and I look forward to returning each summer to see it. Does anyone have any special Fantasmic! memories or anecdotes. Mine is from the first time I saw it the summer of 1994, I believe. In this time, I was battling depression and anxiety. This show was strangely therapeutic. Now, I am one of those annoyances who camps out hours in advance for a front row center seat.

10krbell
06-01-2003, 04:59 PM
Well, dh used the opening night of Fantasmic as a ploy to get me to go to Disneyland to propose! It only makes Fantasmic that much more special to me! If we don't have kids we are also one of those annoying people camped out early in the center!

I also have the oh so memorable memory of being cussed out by a Guest when I worked Fantasmic as a CM for simply doing my job! But I try to block that out...but its tough everytime I walk past the wall where it happened!

tabacco
06-01-2003, 07:50 PM
I had a guest ask me for permission to use the Twain dock to propose to his girlfriend one night before the second showing of Fantasmic!. My lead agreed that that was worth an exception, so we let them stand right next to the picket fence, sort of near the water. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't hear them, althought he outcome seemed generally positive. That was probably one of the best nights I've had working the show :)

jerjer2005
06-01-2003, 08:39 PM
dont have any fears... Fantasmic will be up and running all summer. I dont see that the ROA rehab will change the show at all except for maybe a more powerful water screen system. I dont think the show will ever be as good as it used to be due to the removal of the Ursula float. :-( but its still one of my favorite things at disneyland! cant wait for the re-opening!

TheManator
06-01-2003, 08:46 PM
First time I saw it, back in '94, it was GREAT.
We didn't know what we were waiting for, but boy, did we like it! We didn't even know the title of the show for nearly a month, and we (my dad and I) would go see it just about every weekend. I have not yet seen the one at Disney Studios...is it as good?

Polar33
06-01-2003, 09:17 PM
I've seen a few of the rehearsals that they have held since the river got filled. I haven't seen any effects testing yet, but I'll let you know if there is anything to report. If there are any changes they will probably be subtle like they were last year.

I'm not much of a fan of Fantasmic! at Disney-MGM. There were a few things that I liked and wouldn't mind seeing incorporated into the DL version, but IMHO overall DL's Fantasmic! is far superior.

stitch626
06-01-2003, 09:31 PM
Wow! I'm so happy to hear that Fantasmic! may re-open this summer! I was sad to see the ROA drained, but now the waters back. I thought Disneyland would for sure make me wait more than a year for it to come back. :eek!:

I love the Fantasmic show, too. Everytime my family and I go to Disneyland, I always have to see it.

But, will the water screening system be permenantly gone? (I hope not.) Or, just temporarily because of the ROA rehab??? :confused: Hey? Can someone like me see those rehersals, or just CMs? That would be cool.

Darkbeer
06-01-2003, 09:57 PM
Fantasmic! is returning, here is the current schedule...

Most nights there are 2 shows a night, at 9 and 10:30 PM

Opens Friday, June 13th, and goes thru June 17th.

There will be no showings of Fantasmic! on June 18th and 19th due to Grad Nights.

The show returns on Friday June 20th, and goes theu Sunday June 22nd.

Then Fantasmic! goes on Hiatus on Monday June 23rd, so they can start setting up for the special VIP only movie premiere party.

Fantasmic! then return on Wednesday July 2nd for daily showings thru Sunday August 31st.

And of course, Disneyland's motto: All information is subject to change without notice.

tabacco
06-01-2003, 11:22 PM
The water screen's weren't really removed during the river rehab, they were refurbished. That meant pulling them out of the water, but they've been back in since a little while after the river reopened. Fantasmic! without the sprayers would be pretty sad :)

sancho
06-02-2003, 06:46 AM
Actually the wait before the show is something I really enjoy. I love to sit, read, people watch, enjoy the heat, and get to know my neighbors. That riverfront is one of the most beautiful in all of DL and it is a privilege to be there my one time a year I can make it.

sancho
06-02-2003, 08:44 AM
that should be...the riverfront is one of the most beautiful spots in all of DL