PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Recommendation?

Werner
06-01-2003, 02:01 PM
Hi, wondering what hotels you all would recommend?

I'd like something I can walk to (for those afternoon naps), preferably on Harbor.

Don't need anything fancy -- as long as it's relatively clean.

Also would like to cap the cost at $80.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

hondo1975
06-01-2003, 02:41 PM
Fairfield Inn is close by. About 5-7 mins from the front gate. We have stayed there many times and have enjoyed it each time. We are staying during late July and was able to get a rate of $80 a night with AAA discount.

sancho
06-01-2003, 03:03 PM
Holiday Inn at the Park on Harbor has a beautiful 24 hour pool. Rooms are pretty OK and it is just north of the park across the 5.

Also, Howard Johnson has just done a remodel. Ask for a room in the tower that faces west. These rooms have views into TL (sort of). It is only 5-7 minutes (maybe ten if you meander like me) and on the way to the gates is Millies (pretty OK place for breakfast) and a Mc Donalds for a fast cheap breakfast to go on the way to the parks. If you get on www.hojo.com, you can find the best rates. Depending on your dates you should be able to book below your $80 cap.

Hojoanaheim
06-01-2003, 03:18 PM
What are your travel dates?

jrad32
06-01-2003, 04:41 PM
The West Coast Anaheim, while an older hotel, was great last time we stayed there.

kisroo
06-01-2003, 05:43 PM
The Mouseplanet home page has a travel section with hotel reviews. You might want to check that out for some info.

Other than that~we've stayed in the Candy Cane (love it), The Carousel Inn (didn't love it) and The Grand Californian (:sigh:, need I say more??).

I know lots of people liked Howard Johnson and Park Place Inn.

Good luck and have a great trip!
:)

QueenofHearts
06-01-2003, 06:25 PM
If you aren't pushing kids in strollers, I wholeheartedly recommend the Candy Cane. It was just a little too far with the kids (I wish we were across the street). But the beds were comfy, breakfast was good, a nice pool and helpful, curtious staff (see my complete review under "Reviews"). Plus it had a shuttle if you didn't feel like walking 5-10 minutes. It's about the distance from the main gate as the DL hotel.

dsnylndmom
06-01-2003, 07:14 PM
We stayed at Park Place Inn in April and really enjoyed it, spacious rooms, comfy beds and you can't beat the location!

No offense to Hondo1975 but we stayed at the Fairfield in NOv. and it was horrible. Borken toliets, broken door locks, window's not locking and HORRIBLE customer service.

I'm staying at the Hojo's in July, I've heard TONS of great things about them!:D

Werner
06-01-2003, 07:28 PM
Thanks all for your feedback!

And HoJo Manager -- I'm not sure about dates, but likely would be visiting over an extended weekend in July.

Thanks again.

Hojoanaheim
06-01-2003, 09:12 PM
I'd definitely check the travel reviews on the Mouseplanet travel section, Tripadvisor.com or Travelocity.com to find the hotel that will best fit your needs. At this time you shouldn't have problems with your budget except around July 4th. Good luck!