PDA

View Full Version : Olszewski, Jim Shore and Gund are now available at the Character Warehouse!!

KarenW2
06-22-2011, 04:38 PM
I received 2 emails today, almost the same, one from the Fullerton location and one from the Pomona location of the Disney Character Warehouse store. It announced they have new merchandise and they have started receiving pieces from the artists and company listed above!

I was very surprised to see Olszewski's name on the list, but there are a LOT of Gallery of Light pieces that have come out recently and with their price point, they might not sell as well as Pocket Pals, or something else he does.

We haven't been to either of the locations in a while, but I'm sure we will probably be visiting at least the Fullerton location (closest to DL) again sometime soon!

AVP
06-22-2011, 06:48 PM
I was very surprised to see Olszewski's name on the list, but there are a LOT of Gallery of Light pieces that have come out recently and with their price point, they might not sell as well as Pocket Pals, or something else he does.Enesco just informed their sales reps that Bob's contract was not renewed, and from what I can see on the retailer side, there is very little inventory left in stock. My guess is that Disneyland decided to liquidate the retired pieces. Enesco also retired a bunch of Disney Traditions figures - I don't know what they sent to liquidation, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's that group.

AVP

cstephens
06-23-2011, 12:08 AM
I received 2 emails today, almost the same, one from the Fullerton location and one from the Pomona location of the Disney Character Warehouse store.

Yeah, it was just an email blast to everyone on their mailing lists.

Enesco also retired a bunch of Disney Traditions figures - I don't know what they sent to liquidation, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's that group.

The email lists Disney Traditions by artist Jim Shore, including figurines, snow globes, musical figurines, garden items and more; high quality Gund plush; Gallery of Light by artist Olszewski and some Disney Showcase pieces.

One interesting bit in the email, though:

Ability to Reorder:
Due to high interest, many items are selling out quickly. Don't worry. If a new item you wanted sells out, then we will be reordering that stock. Tell a manger and they will take down your contact information and when that items arrives you will be the first to know.

Other than the typo, I'm surprised to hear that they can and will reorder by request. I didn't think the character warehouses did that sort of thing, that it was just whatever came along.

AVP
06-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Since my stores also carry Enesco products I was curious to see what was going on, so I stopped by today. I have to assume they are now buying direct from Enesco, as there is a lot of newer merchandise and product I know Disneyland never carried. cstephens, i suspect that's why they are willing to do special orders, because they are not dependent on whatever Disney offers them.

All that said, I wouldn't make a special trip. The discounts are SO low (though the retail prices are not listed for comparison, so you'll never know how much or little you're saving unless you have a way to comparison shop or already know the prices), that most APs will save as much or more just buyng from Disneyland. The biggest discount I saw was $10 off a snowglobe that retails for $80.

Adrienne

Malcon10t
06-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks AVP, I was wondering myself. I will spare my kids and nieces the mad dash there when we first arrive next week.

SnowJen22
06-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Just as a FYI to all those Vegas folks, was at the one in Las Vegas yesterday, they are there too. That had quite a bit actually.

KarenW2
06-24-2011, 12:59 AM
I wasn't planning a trip up, just for the Character Warehouse, but I figured when we were in the neighborhood, we might stop in, since we hadn't been there in some time. I'm glad to hear what you thought of their offerings. I'm not a Jim Shore fan (his overly busy designs drive me nuts, tho some people I know just love them and can't get enough of them!) and I was surprised to see that they'd be carrying Gallery of Light pieces. One of the local Hallmarks also carries these on occasion, so I'm always surprised when I see them outside of Disneyland or Disney-related locations.

As for plush, I have so much plush I've received as gifts, I won't allow myself to buy any more, with one exception! The only plush I'm looking for is one blue and one green Pascal from the Disney Store, that they still haven't been able to have show up at any of the San Diego County and South Riverside County locations, since before the Tangled DVDs came out!! So far, they occasionally only get in the red Pascal, but since he got so little screen time and I didn't like that color, I've passed.

When we had our coupon from the DVD pre-order form, the local DS manager told me to just buy 2 of the same size plush, use the coupon for those and once they finally ever got the Pascals in, they'd let me exchange them! I'm still waiting for that phone call from them, since I put my info in their official book, but I call on occasion or stop in, if I'm in the mall for something else.

Thanks again, AVP! I'll pass the Jim Shore info onto my friends who enjoy them.

leota's necklace
06-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Okay, related question -- if Mr. O's contract was not renewed do I need to get on the stick and order that HM sculpture I want so badly? (Or, you know, hint that this is the birthday present I prefer?)

AVP
06-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Okay, related question -- if Mr. O's contract was not renewed do I need to get on the stick and order that HM sculpture I want so badly? (Or, you know, hint that this is the birthday present I prefer?)Bob's contract with Enesco was not renewed, but I've been assured that he will continue to work with Disney theme parks directly as he did before Enesco picked up the line. What it means for retailers is that we can not longer order his products for our own stores, and for consumers that you'll only be able to purchase his new stuff from Disney.

AVP

leota's necklace
06-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Thank you, I can relax ;)