PDA

View Full Version : Dead goats

Pages : [1] 2

Morrigoon
06-01-2003, 12:14 AM
Now that I've got your attention ;)

Rode through POTC today and was EXTREMELY..... TREMENDOUSLY.....HIDEOUSLY.... disappointed in the overabundance of bad show going on in there. Hello... did it or did it not just come up from a rehab?

The water level is the lowest I've ever seen it (cannonball effects are nearly at surface level and some unidentifiable metal things are evens sticking out of the water in places, not to mention the railings ruining the whole effect of the large bodies of water).

Every goat AA was dead, not moving. Seriously, every goat. The singing pirates also looked awful. Two pirates' mouths were moving but nothing else. The third pirate (the one on the right) wasn't moving AT ALL.

Jail dog has a new face, which is partly good, partly bad. New face works well, that's nice, looks like he's smiling, that's cute, looks like he's on prozac, uhhhhh....

Ride it yourself and tell me if you've EVER seen the water level as low as it is now.

Bad, bad show.....

innerSpaceman
06-01-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
not to mention the railings ruining the whole effect of the large bodies of water
Railings? What railings?

pleasedon'tsaythey'veruinedPirates pleasedon'tsaythey'veruinedPirates pleasedon'tsaythey'veruinedPirates

BrerFox
06-01-2003, 08:11 AM
railings? what railings?

I think the railing of which he speeks are the guide railings that keep the boats on track. If the water level is as low as he/she (not quite sure of the sex of the poster:rolleyes: .) says it is then the guide rails would be visable

DisneyFan25863
06-01-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by BrerFox
I think the railing of which he speeks are the guide railings that keep the boats on track. If the water level is as low as he/she (not quite sure of the sex of the poster:rolleyes: .) says it is then the guide rails would be visable

He's a she ;)

Wait...Railings? What Railings? I thought we were in a ship going around in the Carriabean :confused:

CrayZforDisney
06-01-2003, 09:37 AM
While in rehab, some computer work on the Pirate Audio Anamatronics probably took place. Since the Pirates and goats were converted from punch cards to computer, some malfunctioning has been taking place since it has been converted( 10 years ago or so). People will not tolerate the condition that it is in currently. Hopefully, Pirates of the Carribean will be running smoothly again soon.

... oh, and for the water level, the water is drained on rehab. It is possible that it has just been filled, and the water has not risen to its former level yet. Also, did you notice any water rot on the ceilings, Morrigoon? This is a problem that they haven't fixed in years. :rolleyes:

Morrigoon
06-02-2003, 12:03 AM
Well, my head got dripped on somewhere, I forget where exactly.

The guide railings were "visible" before the rehab. Now they're part of the landscaping!!! (a significant portion of the rails are now exposed)

I hope it's just the refilling thing. I didn't bother to ride Pirates today for the obvious reason (my feet hurt)

;)

Yes, I'm a she.

refurbmike
06-02-2003, 12:17 PM
Apparently they did some work on the flume, so maybe that is why you're seeing the "railings"?

stagedoorjonny
06-02-2003, 01:06 PM
I rode on Sunday. from the second drop until just after the treasure the tracks where visible. At places an1 1/2" was out of the water. the waterline on the walls from before was a good two inches from where it is now.

Rustin
06-03-2003, 03:03 PM
I noticed the same as Morrigoon in my ride. I actually was able to hit POTC right after work on the 30th.

I think the one thing that was driving me nuts the most was the sound of the AA firgues. Now more then ever I can hear the pneumatic/mechanical sounds they are making. I remember hearing it now and then, but it seems that it totally stuck out this time.

And whats with no sword fight shadows in the big battle scene? I loved that addition and it's gone.

seems like this rehab was more of a demolitian run through

TheatreTech
06-03-2003, 03:50 PM
And whats with no sword fight shadows in the big battle scene? I loved that addition and it's gone.

I was able to get on POTC on the 1st and the "fighting shawows" were there. I also noticed that they seemed to be more defined.

In one of the scenes, the dog has been removed. But, if you listen, you can still hear the dog whimpering and barking.

CrayZforDisney
06-03-2003, 06:24 PM
In my opinion, I think everyone here is just trying to notice all the wrong things about Pirates of the Carribean since it just came out of rehabilitation. Try to notice the good things that they did after rehab.

swtkissez
06-03-2003, 06:37 PM
I love your view on this CrayZforDisney!!!!!!!

:)

CrayZforDisney
06-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by swtkissez
I love your view on this CrayZforDisney!!!!!!!

Thank You. I appreciate nice comments like you made, it makes me feel good!

Rustin
06-03-2003, 06:50 PM
ok CrayZ, Help us out. what changes do you like after the rehab?

to be honest the last time I was able to visit POTC was this last christmas, and I remember the experiece being more enjoyable then after this rehab.

I did make a comment to the party I visited with that the celing over blue bayou looks fantastic. it's amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do. I also thought the moon in the same scene looked great. but all things considered, on exit of POTC I was unsatisfied.

You may have a different opinion, and you should. thats what makes online forums fun. we can all talk about what we agree and disagree on.

We are simply pointing out things that made this attraction less enjoyable for us. I didn't visit ready to pick out bad stuff, but the noise of all the AA stuff stuck out in my head, and the guide rails for Morrigoon.

I think an attraction fresh out of rehab should be as it was the day it opened.

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with being a discrimiating audience. I'm this way with any entertainment enterprise.

Rustin
06-03-2003, 07:01 PM
CrayZ,
I've just been looking back and your posts and finding that your have more to say about declining repair then me!

what about this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=240833#post240833)

CrayZforDisney
06-03-2003, 07:01 PM
... I've always heard the Pirates make hydraulic noises since I first started riding the attraction. Just like I said before, you people are noticing this now since it has just opened from rehab.

Just give the water level a few days, and it will be back to normal! I gaurantee you! Same applies with the broken anamatronics.

Rustin
06-03-2003, 07:06 PM
of course they have always made noises.

maybe I didn't explain myself enough.

I don't remember the AA noises being so pronounced above the music or other effects. They seemed to distract me this time through.

Disneyfreak
06-03-2003, 07:09 PM
What happened was that they didnt have the time needed to finish the rehab and they are simply continuing to work on it during closed hours. Just like you guys said, the shadows were not working for a couple of days and then they reappeared better then ever. Just give them a few weeks. If it is the same in 3 weeks then we will know they slacked off. The water level is low probably because they want to drain the water quickly to storage at night so they can continue to work on the track. They have a whole storage area somewhere where they can keep the water. They will make sure the ride is in prime condition for the movie premiere.

zapppop
06-03-2003, 07:17 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about Morrigoon.

I rode Pirates 2 days ago and everything was working just fine, the parrot has returned, and the water level looks the same as before. Other than the dog's face, the only change I saw was slightly more fluid moments in the pirates and more swords in the background.

I think you should ride it again.

swtkissez
06-03-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by CrayZforDisney
Thank You. I appreciate nice comments like you made, it makes me feel good!

Anytime...it's refreshing...so, you're welcome!!!

:D :D

Morrigoon
06-04-2003, 12:16 AM
crayZ:
At the time I rode it, it had just come up from rehab. After their last rehab, where it came up fantastic but they later lowered the water level, I had hoped that they had fixed the problem. Also, when an attraction is down for several weeks for a rehab, I expect it to be in top shape when it returns. Dead AA's, especially key (featured) ones like the singing pirates, are not remotely difficult to spot as you are expected to focus on them. It's not that I was looking to be displeased, in fact, I was looking to be pleased by what they'd fixed because that's been the trend lately - fixing what Pressler let die. Unfortunately, it was not brought up to good show when they reopened it. If they did that in order to inconvenience the fewest guests, then I can appreciate their reasons but still call it bad show.

zappop: Glad to hear it's been fixed, I haven't ridden it since Friday.

Sam I am
06-05-2003, 03:03 PM
Does this mean that Indiana Jones will come out of rehab in September not looking any better than it does now? I hope not.

I agree that when an attraction re-opens after refurbishment it should look the way it did the day it opened, if not better.

tracilicious
06-05-2003, 04:48 PM
i rode pirates on monday and tuesday and the main thing i noticed was that in the part where the large woman chases the men with the food around i could always hear the womans breasts clacking together as she circled. it always made me giggle and now it's gone. oh well.

~<:) traci

CrayZforDisney
06-05-2003, 05:33 PM
Pirates of the Carribean is very complicated. It is not a simple little baby ride. Many computers work together to make the audio anamatronics move. Its a very complicated attraction, and it costs Disney tons of money to keep up. In fact, it is one of the most eleborate Disney attractions ever built. Sometimes a few audio anamatronics may die or malfunction, give the ride a break!

DL4EVER
06-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Actually, according to either this site or MouseInfo, Indy won't be going into the september rehab.....it is being put off till some time early next year.