PDA

View Full Version : First day of [Super Soaps Weekend] outcome?

jerjer2005
05-31-2003, 09:15 PM
hey everyone, its a lil after 10 and DCA has been closed for an hour now. If you attended the soap day today can u give me a lil brefing on what went on today, maybe a lil outline of the events and info on the crouds and autograph/picture opertunities. thanks everyone.

P.S.- ill be at tomorrows soap day even :-)

PurpleDove33
05-31-2003, 10:00 PM
I much more prefered the way they did it last year. Having both AMC and OLTL this weekend, you had to pick and choose who you went to see. I will make this breif. Since I woke up at 3:30 this morning. If you have plans to see Susan Lucci. The only way you are allowed to enter her line is if you get there in the morning to get one of the wrist bands they hand out. Which they started doing at 5:00 this morning. Although a lot of people didn't know about it ahead of time, but the word of mouth is out, so most likly there will be a lot waiting to get them in the morning. I would have like it more, if they had a few later autograph sessions past 6:00. So you really have to study the schedule on who you want to see and what time you want to see them. They do limit how many people are in each line too. But all in all it was a lot of fun. To bad I forgot the sunscreen. I am fried all over. OUCH!! Have a nice time when you go tomorrow. I will be there again and also both sat and sun next week too.

Morrigoon
06-01-2003, 12:01 AM
That's right, there is a limit to how many people will even be allowed to stand in line for someone. If you have someone you want to see, BE THERE AN HOUR EARLY. (Except Lucci, which requires the 5am wristband thingy ONLY)

It's VERY sunny (especially if you are working a single sunny location all day ;)) so wear sunblock and for goodness' sake... A HAT!!!

That Finola chick was exceptionally good to her fans, she came early, stayed late, spent lots of time with everyone in her line and even (shh!) signed a few autographs for people standing around the perimiter rope at the end - but keep in mind she's the ONLY one who did, so don't expect that!....And she's a sucker for babies - there was a 7-week old in her line and I swear she cuddled that kid for 3 minutes straight (a long time when trying to see 90 people in 60 minutes) ;) She was really really good to her fans, yay her (whoever she is:confused: - I don't watch daytime tv)

Niwel
06-01-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
That Finola chick was exceptionally good to her fans ... yay her (whoever she is:confused: - I don't watch daytime tv)

She plays Alex/Anna on All My Children. Her Anna character was on General Hospital several years ago.
All My Children (http://www.soapcentral.com/amc/index.php)

I so wish I could have been there -- I'm a huge AMC fan -- although I haven't watched in a while and atl least 10 of the characters on now are ones I have to clue about.

I just couldn't imagine 1) waiting in lines and 2) dealing with the heat.

Mukta
06-01-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
She was really really good to her fans, yay her (whoever she is:confused: - I don't watch daytime tv)

She was also the British step-Mom on Blossom.

PsychDoc
06-01-2003, 03:25 PM
I'm going this Thursday and will be there for the GH/PC Soap meet for the weekend. Does anyone know which one of the "big" stars will be there? Also, how hot is it there now? I'm reading on the DL site that it's getting up to no more than 75 degrees. Am I wrong. Now, I'm in Las Vegas and its about 110 here...now that's hot.

keschy
06-01-2003, 03:42 PM
I was there today and it was GREAT! the lines were not that bad and we got up close to alot of the stars even without waiting in line. For GH next weekend they will be having alot of actors. Some of the big names are : Jason, Courtney, Alan, AJ, Carly, Rick, Monica, Nicholas, Scotty, Lucky, Edward, Alexis and some more, too. I really like the coffee talk sessions, those were great.

ChipmunkStar
06-01-2003, 07:35 PM
Hey kids, well, I'm glad you guys are satisfied with the way things ran. I was working over at location number 12 (Paradise Pier) today and yesterday, and we were trying so hard to pump the guests through without being completely rude to them. Some of those stars are such chit chatters! I mean, yes, it's great for the fans, but it puts a lot of pressure on us when we're trying to get 75 people through a celeb who takes 3 minutes per guest.

The only complaint I got yesterday was that a girl didn't know people would be lining up at 5am to get wristbands for Lucci, and she never got one. Of course, we didn't know people would be there either, so she had a pretty cool attitude about it.

Anyways, I'll be working autograph location number 9 next weekend (same location, different number), so if ya'all wanna stop by and say hi, feel free to. I'll be the one in the red vest ;)

~Part of the Valet Brigade!

jerjer2005
06-01-2003, 08:34 PM
how is this years event different from last years event?

ChipmunkStar
06-01-2003, 09:54 PM
OK, a few hints and tips, and then I'll post up a list of who's supposed to be there next weekend.

~If you are attending a breakfast, it is not like they ran it last year. I guess last year, at Soap Opera Bistro, the stars were going about to each table. This year, it's more of a panel discussion, just a Q&A if you will.

~SUNSCREEN. LOTS of it. No joke, you could tell this weekend who the die hards (or CM's) were just for looking or their sunburns.

OK. Now to the lists!

GENERAL HOSPITAL
Tamara Braun (Carly Corinthos(
Chad Brannon (Zander Smith)
Steve Burton (Jason Morgan)
Leslie Charleson (Monica Quartermaine)
Robin Christopher (Skye Quartermaine)
Tyler Christopher (Nikolas Cassadine)
Stuart Damon (Alan Quartermaine)
Lane Davies (Cameron Lewis)
Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis Davis)
Rick Hearst (Ric Lansing)
Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth Webber)
John Ingle (Edward Quartermaine)
Natalia Livingston (Emily Bowen Quartermaine)
Cynthia Preston (Faith Rosco)
Kin Shriner (Scott Baldwin)
Greg Vaughan (Lucky Spencer)
Billy Warlock (A.J. Quartermaine)
Alicia Leigh Willis (Courtney Matthews)

PORT CHARLES
Kiko Ellsworth (Jamal Woods)
Brian Gaskill (Rafe Kovich)
Lynn Herring (Lucy Coe Collins)
Erin Hershey Presley (Alison Barrington)
Thorsten Kaye (Ian Thornhart)
Eddie Matos (Ricky Garza)
Kelly Monaco (Livvie Locke)
Brian Presley (Jack Ramsey)

cstephens
06-02-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Mukta
She was also the British step-Mom on Blossom.

And the Charmed One's mother on "Charmed".