PDA

View Full Version : Parking at DL

NirvanaMan
05-31-2003, 05:28 PM
Hi all! First post...been browsing for a couple months.

I am going back to DL this weekend, current 3 day ticket set to expire. (I was there last weekend, boy was Winnie the Pooh an utter dissappointment!)

Is there anywhere to get cheaper parking than the insane $8 in the parking complex?

Any way at all to beat the system? Do they have discounts for motorcycles?

I assume the answer is No all around...but can't hurt to ask right?

:D

HBTiggerFan
05-31-2003, 05:53 PM
Nope, sorry. It's $8.00 for parking at DL.

jerjer2005
05-31-2003, 06:41 PM
The cheapest parking at disneyland is $8.00 for vehicles and motercycles. you cna get perfered parking on the downtown disney side of the resort of $10.00. The only way to get cheaper (or free) parking is to have someone with you that has a premium annual passport or a so cal/ delux passport with added parking on to it. Other then that you have to pay the minimum of $8.00.

p.s.- parking in the surrounding hotels/motels/resturant parking lots on Harbor Blvd. doesnt work eaither and will result in towing before the day is half over.

SoCalDisneyLover
05-31-2003, 10:50 PM
Willing to work a bit? Willing to live life a little on the edge? There is a basic way to get FREE Parking at the resort. But don't tell anyone I said this. :-)

You may park at Downtown Disney for up to 3 hours at No Charge. You can then board the Monorail, if you already have passes, and go right into the resort. You can then return on the Monorail, which is hopefully not down, otherwise you'll need 20 minutes to walk...and just move your car out and back into the Downtown Disney lot. You may have to spend about 5-10 minutes going & coming back into the lot and parking again.

You're saying..."but 3 hours? I can't move my car every 3 hours! Well, if you go into any of the restaurants and have some food, they'll validate your pass. You can go into ESPN Zone, have a beer...watch tv for 15 minutes, get validated, and you'll have a total of 5 hours. Actually, you don't need to buy anything there. Just act like you've been there, and they'll tell you where to go for a validation. :-)

It's a little inconvenient, but sometimes if I know I'll be there for less than 5 hours, I park at DD and take the Monorail into the park.

HBTiggerFan
05-31-2003, 11:08 PM
Yea, 3 hours free but don't be late. They charge up the yinyang if you are over the 3 hours. Scamming a restaurant out of a validation is not cool. I believe that they pay the difference, so essentially you are getting them to pay for your parking.

Just fork over the $8 and park legally, in the lot or structure.

Rallymonkey23
05-31-2003, 11:36 PM
I totally agree with HBTF. Just pay the $8.00 and get it over with.
Why should you have to worry about what time you need to get back to your vehicle if you are staying there all day?

Do the restaurants really pick up the tab for validations? It really doesn't make any since to me with all the high rates they pay in the first place to have their company in such a location. :confused:

SoCalDisneyLover
06-01-2003, 12:58 AM
They take a generic stamp and apply it to the parking pass. I never said it was cool. But it does not cost anybody anything. It does deprive Disney of the $8 fee, so if you feel it's dishonest to cheat a gigantic monumental corporation like Disney, out of $8, by doing something that 99.9% of people would not bother doing...then you should refrain. I shouldn't be surprised that my suggestion gets a negative reaction here. It's almost like people find it "bad" to use a loophole blatently provided by Disney, just to save a few bucks that will probably get spent twentyfold at the parks anyways.

And it's true, if you're staying the whole day, it will eat up an hour or so of your time. You'll probably have to move the car twice. Personally....I would only do it if I was staying a shorter period of time, or needed to have someone park there so I could move their car into the garage with my pass.

NirvanaMan
06-01-2003, 07:58 AM
Ha ha. I like the idea actually. However, I think I will be there the whole day (going to try out some of the less popular attractions today) so I guess I will just let the man take me down.

Thanks for all the info...I'm off to disneyland!

:)

blusilva
06-01-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by SoCalDisneyLover
It does deprive Disney of the $8 fee, so if you feel it's dishonest to cheat a gigantic monumental corporation like Disney, out of $8, by doing something that 99.9% of people would not bother doing...then you should refrain.

By definition, to "cheat" anyone is dishonest. Doesn't matter if it's a mom and pop diner or a gigantic monumental corporation like Disney.

cujosr
06-01-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by SoCalDisneyLover
Willing to work a bit? Willing to live life a little on the edge? There is a basic way to get FREE Parking at the resort. But don't tell anyone I said this. :-)
Go around to the big fading yellow building in the back, and ask for an application. Free parking and FREE ADMISSION!!!:p :p