PDA

View Full Version : Access to email

Daveylegs
05-31-2003, 10:09 AM
My family and I are going to Disneyland next week. We're staying in the DLH. Is there any place I can access email while I'm there? I need to do this only once. Any ideas?

DisneyFan25863
05-31-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Davidscot
My family and I are going to Disneyland next week. We're staying in the DLH. Is there any place I can access email while I'm there? I need to do this only once. Any ideas?

If you bring a laptop, all DLR hotels are equipped with Data Ports. If not, there are several "web cafe's" around the resort

Rustin
05-31-2003, 10:56 AM
I'm actually AT the Starbucks now. they have WiFi (802.11b) access through T-mobile HotSpot. but as before you gotta have a laptop... There is always the Anaheim Library N. of the resort on Harbor. They will let you get online for an hour for free.

Hope this helps.

R.

HBTiggerFan
05-31-2003, 11:46 AM
If you are computer savy and it's not a secure email you can try to get on from Innoventions :)

sm_cm
05-31-2003, 12:19 PM
The only place I can think of right now to access e-mail on DLH property is in the Marina Tower Lobby. Near the east door of the large gift shop in the lobby is a little station that allows guests to check e-mail or jump online. I've never used it before, but it never seems to be busy, and looks like it accepts cash and credit cards if memory serves correct. The other two lobbys don't have these yet, but luckily, the many times I've passed by this one, it doesn't appear busy (I've never seen a line for it)

rexfarms
05-31-2003, 08:04 PM
Really? How come I've never seen this? Not that I'd use it because I try not to bring the outside into the Resort but its a good think to know. Is this by the waterfalls?

Polar33
05-31-2003, 08:48 PM
There's one of those machines next to the payphones in the lobby of the PPH too. It's been ages since I have been over there, but I assume it's still there.

rexfarms
05-31-2003, 09:40 PM
Cool, anybody know the prices on this?

Pat-n-Eil
06-01-2003, 06:48 AM
I'll be staying at the Grand Californian this fall and I had this same question. I do have my own laptop that I'll be bringing, however. I can either dial-up a local pop of my ISP from the data port of the telephone in my room or I can go to the business center of the hotel where they will allow me to plug into their high speed (DSL I think) for free if I have my own computer.

Grand Californian also has computers available in the business center for rent. I believe it was $7 per 1/2 hour.

Darkbeer
06-01-2003, 09:31 PM
The best deal I know off for computer access is at the Anaheim Visitor Center, located in a trailer in the Parking lot of the McDonald's on Harbor. $5 gives you unlimited access for your entire trip. They only have 2 computers, but they have high speed access.

rexfarms
06-01-2003, 09:33 PM
I think most people would want to stay on property. :)

Daveylegs
06-14-2003, 07:01 AM
I just got back from out trip! It was awesome! When I wanted to check email, I went to the pavillion (that's where the convention area is as well as Goofy's Kitchen). Upstairs is a business area where you can get on a computer. It was very easy.

Problem solved!

rexfarms
06-14-2003, 03:25 PM
Cool, how much?:D

Daveylegs
06-15-2003, 01:29 PM
It didn't cost me anything.

Master K
06-15-2003, 01:49 PM
I always bring my Laptop, get dialup numbers before you go for your ISP and you should have no problems with the dataport in your room. When traveling I use a web based e-mail system and it is much faster than usual. Rather than downloading all your mail it shows you the subject and who each is from and only the ones you open need to be sent, also attachments are not sent unless you choose to download them. As an added benifit I delete spam without reaidng it but things I leave in the mailbox still come in to my fullmail client when I get home. You may want to see if your ISP offers a web based e-mail client. If not I think yahoo offer a web based e-mail that allows you to also check external mailboxes in much the same manner.

rexfarms
06-15-2003, 03:41 PM
cool, nice to know everybody.:D