PDA

View Full Version : Where to get gas?

DLDreamer
05-31-2003, 09:02 AM
Coming from Utah and know our gas prices are lower than Cal.
Where are the best prices with good gas?

Also, do you think the touring plans from books work? This isn't our first time, but it has been several years and we want to enjoy the experience and not feel like maniacs running to every place. We will have multiple fast passes which will help.

Thanks for any help.Can't wait! 2 more weeks. Hope the weather cools down.

drjones
05-31-2003, 09:24 AM
ARCO at the ball road and disneyland drive entrance.

HBTiggerFan
05-31-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by drjones
ARCO at the ball road and disneyland drive entrance.

Yes! Suprisingly that ARCO doesn't inflate their prices due to location. If you feel like making a drive and need to get on the 22 fwy there is an ARCO on Harbor right before the 22West that is cheaper than the ARCO by DL.

Also, be aware that ARCO charges to use your ATM card (35 cents I think) and they do not accept credit cards.

tjrj
05-31-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by DLDreamer

Also, do you think the touring plans from books work? This isn't our first time, but it has been several years and we want to enjoy the experience and not feel like maniacs running to every place. We will have multiple fast passes which will help.

Absolutely the touring plans work-at least the one I've used. In the "Unoffical Guide" by Bob ???(somebody). Used it our last 3 times at DL. We've gone at slower times of the year-2 in September and once in December using the plans. So at that time of year with crowds not being as big as you may face in June, the plans aren't as critical but still cut down on wait time. Best advice-get there with tickets in hand before opening-definitely take advantage of "early hour" or whatever they are calling it now. If you have little ones do Fantasyland; if you don't hit the biggies-or you can switch off-one morning FL; one morning biggies. Second best advice-take a break during the day-swim at the hotel or nap, etc.

Have fun!

Rustin
05-31-2003, 11:58 AM
UTAH! WOO HOO!

Yes, the gas prices are killing me compared to my home (utah)

And I frequent the ARCO... :D

sm_cm
05-31-2003, 12:14 PM
The Arco on the corner of Ball and Disneyland Drive does charge you to use your ATM card, but there is a Texaco on the corner of Walnut and Ball (from the Arco, it is about a half a mile west on the left hand side) that takes Credit and does not add a surcharge to your ATM card. The price for gas there is generally the same as Arco (or within 5 cents difference) I have pleasantly found, and then after you pump your gas, you just go back east two quick lights and you are back at Disneyland Drive, ready to go into the Mickey and Friends Structure.

ChipmunkStar
05-31-2003, 06:11 PM
My fave gas station at the moment is the one off of Sunkist and Ball (about 10 or less blocks from the parks).

They are so much cheaper than even the one off of Disneyland Drive and Ball. I just saw that they're at about $1.67 (hooray!) today. I think its an Arco, but I'm not positive.

Morrigoon
06-01-2003, 12:05 AM
I hear Rancho del Zocalo will give you gas.....

adriennek
06-01-2003, 09:49 AM
My husband used to work for the petroleum industry. I'm not allowed to use Arco gas. However, the Mobil at the corner of Ball and State College usually has a good price. There are three other gas stations at that corner, too.

Adrienne

ChipmunkStar
06-01-2003, 07:26 PM
Actually, the intersection at Ball and Stae College is down to 2 stations right now. I don't know what's going on, but the Shell is all dug up at the moment. Same deal with th one at Ball and Harbor. The Mobil is still up, but the Shell diagonally across from it is all dug up, too.

Darkbeer
06-01-2003, 09:36 PM
Here is a link to the current prices.

http://www.orangecountygasprices.com/

And by the way, ARCO at Disneyland Dr. and Ball is one of the few ARCO's that does take credit cards.....(no extra price)

DLDreamer
06-02-2003, 08:04 AM
I was having some problems with our DSL connection until now so I couldn't get back online. (Withdrawals!)

Thanks so much for the info. It really does help.