PDA

View Full Version : Southern California AP's not only for residents?

tracilicious
05-30-2003, 10:07 PM
ok, so i am reading the 2003 unofficial guide to disneyland and it said that this year disney has removed the requirement to show california id to get the california annual pass. does anyone know if this is true? please post soon as we are going to d-land on sunday and i will definitely get the southern california annual pass. thanks to whoever knows.
~<:) traci

tabacco
05-30-2003, 10:12 PM
The website still says ID is neccesary, but it hasn't actually been required for as long as I can remember.

tracilicious
05-30-2003, 10:22 PM
i just checked the website, and it didn't specifically say that california id is required for the ap. it didn't have a list of zipcodes either. the book says that this just started at the end of last year. if i go to d-land and buy one, then will they give me a hard time?

Darkbeer
05-30-2003, 10:44 PM
I have seen reports in the last ten days of Non SoCal's buying it, so you should have no problem on Sunday...

Have a good time.

tabacco
05-31-2003, 10:05 AM
Like I said, they have not required you to be a resident for years now. The book is correct, but not in the timeframe it gives. It has been well over a year.

tracilicious
05-31-2003, 12:18 PM
you're right tobacco, i called guest services today and anyone can buy the california annual pass. there are loads of blockout days, but i'm going for four days for less than the cost of a three day pass. and we can come back later!

jerjer2005
05-31-2003, 06:51 PM
for a while the rule that u have to be a so cal resident has been posted but not enforced. the main thing is that they want more people to buy the higher priced passports. you can see this stratagy at work right now as they have removed the price of the so cal pass from the price boards at the ticketbooths but they are still available. ***clap clap clap for disney marketing*** they always find a way. :rolleyes:

tracilicious
05-31-2003, 09:37 PM
actually, i don't believe the rule is even posted any longer. nowhere on the disney website does it say you must be a california resident. when i called guest relations they said anyone can buy one. so i believe that it just isn't advertised that anyone can buy one, but that is official disney policy.

tabacco
06-01-2003, 09:13 AM
Actually, the Socal pass isn't even listed on the ticket booth signs and collateral anymore. By the way, I was a ticket seller until spring, when I left the company (voluntarily... can't afford to work for Disney anymore :))