PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Beauty Castle attraction walkway possibly opening on Sept. 27!

Disneyfreak
05-30-2003, 09:32 PM
On Disneyland.com it says it will return sept 27th. But you know how that web site is, LOL!

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/calendar/index?show=refurb&selectedDate=9/27/2003&highlight=dca

www.riderefurbs.com

Do you actually think they will open it up?

DivaPrincess
05-30-2003, 10:11 PM
Are you sure they're just not taking it off the list because they no longer plan to re-open it or they are re-designing it? Not to be pessimistic, because I'd love it to open, but trying to be realistic.

CrayZforDisney
05-31-2003, 06:52 AM
Look at all the days before, and you'll notice the walkthrough on the refurbishment list, this must mean it is reopening!

This castle walk through added 99% of the magic to Fantasyland, and I want to see it open again. I loved walking up the stairs and seeing all the Sleeping Beauty scenes. The nostalgic feeling, and the tight, calm, peaceful spaces added the magic to Fantasyland.

Next time you go to Disneyland and visit the walkthrough, be sure to note that the attraction and the castle were built before Sleeping Beauty was released! So, some of the scenes in the walkthrough aren't even in the movie.

Not Afraid
05-31-2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by CrayZforDisney
Next time you go to Disneyland and visit the walkthrough, be sure to note that the attraction and the castle were built before Sleeping Beauty was released! So, some of the scenes in the walkthrough aren't even in the movie.

The Castle opened in 1955 with the Park. Dioramas added April 29th 1957, changed in 1968 and again in 1977. The dioramas that we see (or have seen) today are not the origionals that were installed before the Film opened in 1959. Also keep in mind that the film took five years to produce, it was a long, slow ardous process.

I don't remember what scenes you are refering to that wern't in the film. Could you elaborate?

Matterhorn Fan
05-31-2003, 08:19 AM
The castle walkthrough being taken off the rehab list on the official site does not mean it's reopening. This has happened a number of times since it closed, and it has never actually opened on one of those days.

In other words, don't get your hopes up.

zapppop
05-31-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Also keep in mind that the film took five years to produce, it was a long, slow ardous process.
Actually, it was 6 years.

( and cost $6million ) :fez:

TheManator
05-31-2003, 09:15 AM
I never knew you could go upstairs....until recently. So, for the 15+ years I went to DL, I never knew this! All I would see is stairs that are roped off...

mousketeer
05-31-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by TheManator
I never knew you could go upstairs....until recently. So, for the 15+ years I went to DL, I never knew this! All I would see is stairs that are roped off...

Sound like you're most people. The walk-through suffers the same way as the Petite Patisserie: when it's open, people think it's a decoration. The little non-descript door is just a piece of magic for true Disneyland die-hards.

jerjer2005
05-31-2003, 03:15 PM
another reason for the removal from the website could be that they just havnt updated that yet. they switch things on the calender everyday for everything lol. (it seems as if the website staff is not all to bright and forget things continuously) but hey atleast we have a better website then before. :rolleyes:

Disneyfreak
05-31-2003, 10:16 PM
I never said it was reopening for sure. I meant maybe, JUST MAYBE:rolleyes: It might reopen. Any hope is good hope.

GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!:)

QueenofHearts
06-01-2003, 06:33 PM
Did I ever hear it from my 4 year old that she didn't get to go inside the castle (either this past trip in May or when we went at Thanksgiving last year). I also never knew you could go inside, but she wanted, NEEDED, to see Cinderella's bedroom (we didn't have the heart to tell her it was sleeping beauty's castle). And the endless questions of WHY???? couldn't she go in? (Well, we explained, we just don't let anyone in off the street to see YOUR bedroom, now do we?). So last trip she ASKED Cinderella if she could go in and see her bedroom. So Cinderella told her it was Sleeping Beauty's castle! and why doesn't she go ask Sleeping Beauty? But then she also told her that she doubted Sleeping Beauty would say yes, because Merriweather was in there taking a nap. Unbelievable! I will DIE if we ever get to go inside and so will SHE! (If they open in while she still BELIEVES!) Hopefully before our next trip in Feb 2004...!

Someone You Dont Know
06-01-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by QueenofHearts
Did I ever hear it from my 4 year old that she didn't get to go inside the castle (either this past trip in May or when we went at Thanksgiving last year). I also never knew you could go inside, but she wanted, NEEDED, to see Cinderella's bedroom (we didn't have the heart to tell her it was sleeping beauty's castle). And the endless questions of WHY???? couldn't she go in? (Well, we explained, we just don't let anyone in off the street to see YOUR bedroom, now do we?). So last trip she ASKED Cinderella if she could go in and see her bedroom. So Cinderella told her it was Sleeping Beauty's castle! and why doesn't she go ask Sleeping Beauty? But then she also told her that she doubted Sleeping Beauty would say yes, because Merriweather was in there taking a nap. Unbelievable! I will DIE if we ever get to go inside and so will SHE! (If they open in while she still BELIEVES!) Hopefully before our next trip in Feb 2004...!

Awww... that's such a cute story. Kudos to the actress playing Cinderella.

Niwel
06-01-2003, 08:52 PM
If this is true -- I won't be able to put into words how exceedingly excited I would be. As one of the last people through this attraction the day they closed it (on MouseAdventure the day we started bombing Afghanistan), I say PLEASE REOPEN!!!

And when it does reopen (if ever) I encourage EVERY MousePadder to tell everyone they know to go through it when they visit the park. (And turn the turnstyle four times for every person who walks through)

refurbmike
06-02-2003, 12:09 PM
Sorry to be a bubble-buster, but I highly doubt Disneyland will be re-opening the Castle in September. Something tells me if they were to re-open it, it would not be during the middle of the off-season. But, I have been wrong before.

However, I would also question the validity of the official web-site. They are rarely correct, especially this far out. From experience, I can tell you that the scheduled re-open date has been moved for a couple of months now (Jan. 1st, Feb. 14, Mar. 31, etc.). It is very likely that they haven't changed the "re-opening" date for the Castle to extend further than September; or maybe they're just having issues (a common happening in the web-site).

AliKzam
06-03-2003, 05:17 PM
It would be so great if it opens in September. It would be sooooo crowded in there, with all us Disney geeks wanting to go in.
It would also be good synergy, too. What with the special edition DVD of Sleeping Beauty coming out September 9th.
I hope they at least get it open in time for the 50th. That would give some small sense of completeness to the ocassion.

swtkissez
06-03-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by refurbmike
Sorry to be a bubble-buster, but I highly doubt Disneyland will be re-opening the Castle in September. Something tells me if they were to re-open it, it would not be during the middle of the off-season. But, I have been wrong before.

But remember they did open DCA directly in the middle of the off-season. ;)