PDA

View Full Version : Teenagers

DisneyFan25863
05-30-2003, 07:33 PM
,kay, I was at the park on Wednesday, right? So I see about 4 or 5 teenagers (about 14 or 15) in the line ahead of us for BTM, yelling out, err, sexual terms and climbing on the rocks and fences. So a CM comes down and asks them very politly to stop. In return, they spit in his face. So he asks them to leave the line, again very politly. They then yell out swear words into his face. Having enough of this, he calls down some co-workers. They all then ask them to leave. Outnumbered, they comply.

About an hour later, we stop by the Coke Corner to hear Johnny play for a bit. Then, who else appears other than these kids again, but this time even worse. They start running around and hitting each other with water bottles :rolleyes: . Security then comes. Apparently they were also causing trouble on Star Tours and the Mark Twain. They then have one of them call his parent, who apparently brought them all and was shopping at DTD at the time. She then comes to the Coke Corner and security leaves. She tells them to stop. They then all go back twords the Castle.

At 7:30, we decided to go eat at Catal. And who else do you think we see playing with fake lightsabers and running around in between crowds in DTD, causing just general disturbance? Yup, you guessed it :rolleyes:

Fortunatly, that is the last we saw of them. So what do you think about this?

MonorailMan
05-30-2003, 07:36 PM
The same way I feel about these other teenagers. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11404&highlight=Teenagers)

mousketeer
05-30-2003, 08:26 PM
I got a lesson in ***** ******* **** ** ***** in the queue line of it's a small world. I didn't even know what those words meant, let alone heard them, when I was there age. :(

Icy Bacon
05-30-2003, 09:32 PM
As a 17yr old and frequent amusement park visitor, there's a good chance I hate those people more than any adults. People like that ruin it for every teenager who is actually responsible, kind and mature, and it's really a pain.

If it happened to be under my call in a security situation like that, I'd just flat out kick them out of the park. I used to work at Paramount's Great America and if teenagers (sadly they always were) caused some moderate trouble and didn't immediately cut it out, security would haul them straight out of there. There were a few times when I had to make the call, and I did when it protected the positive experiences of the guests around. I can partly understand Disneyland not doing it the hard way since folks like them manage to quite often get some press for being "wrongly and unfairly booted," but there has to be enforcement of park policies for everyone's enjoyment.

Haldwitten
05-30-2003, 09:50 PM
Oh my GOSH... those are the same kids I heard about Wednesday night. One of my friends said they were causing trouble on Splash and someone called security on them... but they left before security got there. Guests were saying they were the same kids who caused trouble on Big Thunder earlier with crude sexual language and harassing other Guests. It MUST have been the same ones. Wow - those kids must have been evil incarnate to cause so much trouble around the Resort.

MouseWife
05-30-2003, 10:44 PM
Can't their AP's be revoked?

swtkissez
05-30-2003, 11:04 PM
MouseWife: Can't their AP's be revoked?

They might not have AP's, plus they would have to be caught....not fair, not fair at all.

This reminds me of several instances i have had with my own age group, thank goodness i'm turnin 20 next year. phew!

Anyways, i digress...i have had several rude teenagers, and even people in their 20's. One guest, probably about 14, thought it would be funny to steal a soda from my display and take off running. All of these guests were telling me, and yet there was nothing i could do. By the time i saw him, he was like 300 feet away. And i couldn't leave my cart.

At ice cream carts, we always get the "do u know what the frozen banana looks like??" Im always like, "yes i know what ur thinking of." I wanna tell them that they are not original and that they need to grow up, but i never do. I even had the rudest couple of teenage guys make totally innappropiate comments to me on an ice cream cart. It was along the lines of the frozen banana and offering of "favors"(UGH!) and gettin me to give them a free one. Use your imagination. I was totally appauled, i was gonna call security but they were soon out of sight, but if they ever dared to return, i would have security there so fast. Geez, people need to grow up! the 2 year-olds act better...im starting to believe its the "terrible teens" instead the "terrible two's" hehehe

MsDisney
05-31-2003, 08:09 AM
I work with teenagers ('cause I is a teechur) and love the heck out of them, but there are a very few who can be complete jerks and they make the rest look bad.

As for the original situation.

1. Security should have led them out of the park and not allowed them to return. Period. I do not believe in second chances when it comes to intentionally being disrespectful. This wasn't a case of "boys will be boys."

2. If I were the parents those boys would have all been driven home in silence, my son would have been grounded for a month and would have been required to do something in retribution, and he would not have hung out with those other boys the rest of the summer. While the retribution would not have affected those whose time he spoiled, he obviously has proven he needs a lesson in being kind to others so he would have been weeding the elderly lady down the street's garden all summer, or hauling boxes at the food bank. But of course he doesn't HAVE parents like this because if he did, he would never have considered behaving in that manner. I tell you, you oughta need a license.

I can't believe someone would be so crass as to make comments about the bananas. Well no wait, yes I can. I worked in a video store in college and there were a few people...ugh. Most were older men and I just wanted to decontaminate myself when they left.

Next time someone says something like that, give them dead eye "you bore me loser, go away" look. Say "Well, that's original. I've only heard that ten times today. Can I help you?" If they continue, turn away and call security. You in no way have any reason to put up with that.

DisneyFan25863
05-31-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Haldwitten
Oh my GOSH... those are the same kids I heard about Wednesday night. One of my friends said they were causing trouble on Splash and someone called security on them... but they left before security got there. Guests were saying they were the same kids who caused trouble on Big Thunder earlier with crude sexual language and harassing other Guests. It MUST have been the same ones. Wow - those kids must have been evil incarnate to cause so much trouble around the Resort.

Sounds like them

screamin4ever
05-31-2003, 10:29 AM
It could be far worse. You could be one of their teachers. Now that would be ********************************.

TheManator
05-31-2003, 09:42 PM
I've gotten in trouble once:

When the New Tomorrowland opened up, I was waiting outside for Space Mountain, then all of a suddent, a group of like 12 teens, cut RIGHT in front of me. Security came out, and mistakenly thought I was with them. But later, the kids said they didn't knew who I was...god I was so embarressed!

Glad I will turn 20 this December.

Morrigoon
06-01-2003, 12:53 AM
Tonight, I got into the Matterhorn queue way back by TLT. Some boys entered in the same spot we did, ran up behind us and (wait for it...) pushed Hyperboy aside to run past us! In the queue!!! I yelled at them that they were cutting in line and needed to get back behind us, and do you know what they said? "Well go faster then!"

It's worth saying that Hyperboy and I walk at a very fast pace. I refuse to run in the park as a)it's not safe, b)it's not allowed, and c)I shouldn't have to run to keep people who are ALSO IN THE QUEUE from cutting in front of me.

However, my reaction to the go faster line was *ahem* less than ladylike language ;) But something to the tune of I shouldn't have to we're already in the line.

Honestly, if they'd run up the side and hopped in the queue where it backed up, I wouldn't have said a thing. But you do not get into the queue and then push people aside!

Micklet
06-01-2003, 01:51 PM
As a 16 year old who's (regrettably) only been to Disneyland a handful of memorable times, I can't possibly fathom how *anyone* could do something like this, teenager or otherwise. :sigh: Unfortunately, it seems to be my own age group that does stuff like this the most. I feel sorry for them. They don't understand, do they?

Then again, I've been told many times that I'm anything but your average teenager. ;)

scaeagles
06-01-2003, 02:06 PM
You know, this brings me to a question regarding security at DL.....how hard is it to track guests like that around the park? If they are causing that much trouble, wouldn't security mark them and track them? Or is that even possible? I am certain there must be "plain clothes" security all over the place that communicate with each other often.

I wonder - how much of DL is on camera in a security office or several security offices? Is the whole park monitored constantly?

corrinhorn
06-01-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by scaeagles

I wonder - how much of DL is on camera in a security office or several security offices? Is the whole park monitored constantly?

Man, you can't sneeze without Disneyland security, the REAL Disneyland security, getting it on film, They have pretty much every square inch of the park and surrounding area covered by cameras (With the exception of the potties;)). It is actually kind of fun if you are BORED at Disneyland to look for the cameras; it's like Where's Waldo! (let me tell you, if you are on a boring cart, it is some of the most excitement you will have all day! But yes, if Disney had the inclination, they could have followed the guys all day, but apparently, they weren't being so much of a nusince that it was out of the ordinary, like think of how many teens are there, just goofing around. Compare that with the "Gypsies" that disney has to watch, they put that on a bit of a higher priority then unruly teens, unless they are becoming violent, then it become the regular cast members responsability to take care of.

tabacco
06-01-2003, 07:46 PM
You can see a few cameras in the Matterhorn. By the way, there are plainclothes people, and they blend in soooo well it's not even funny.

hazlnut
06-01-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
, So a CM comes down and asks them very politly to stop. In return, they spit in his face.

If they actually spit in the CM's face then that's a police matter. It's a form of battery. The spitter should have been arrested in front of his friends.

I was working at the park, when a guest getting off Mansion pushed a CM. She called the cops, had the guest taken away in a police car. It was all done very discretely, behind the scenes, but that's the only way to deal with people like that.

Once when I was working Mansion, a teenage guest grabbed hold of one of the sconces around the top section of the elevator and tried to hold on as the room 'stretched'. I yanked the kid down, made him ride back to the top with me, and told him that this elevator costs more than his house and if he broke anything his parents would be sued for the cost of repairs.

Also, once while working pirates, we caught a couple of boat jumpers on the surveillance camera. The lead told me and another CM to "Get down there now." We grabbed some flashlights and hightailed it to the second show building. When their boat came along, we jumped in behind them and said, something like: "Hope you clowns had fun, today, because now you're going home." The lead was a little more forgiving. He explained that the machinery in the ride could easy rip their legs off and boat jumping was a bad idea, and then let them go.

But that's the only way to deal with people who have no brains and/or manners, swiftly and severely. Take them backstage and call the police. Let the parents come pick them up at the Anaheim P.D.

Morrigoon
06-02-2003, 12:00 AM
"Hope you clowns had fun, today, because now you're going home."

I *love* that!

If I ever have occasion, I might use that one. However, if a guest was ever doing something that dangerous on my attraction we'd hit the E-stop (not just the ride stop, but literally the E-stop if people were walking around.

You don't cause an E-stop and stay in the park, nuh uh...

raider
06-02-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by scaeagles
You know, this brings me to a question regarding security at DL.....how hard is it to track guests like that around the park? If they are causing that much trouble, wouldn't security mark them and track them? Or is that even possible? I am certain there must be "plain clothes" security all over the place that communicate with each other often.

I wonder - how much of DL is on camera in a security office or several security offices? Is the whole park monitored constantly? This is actually such an interesting point! There was an occasion where I saw some teens drinking beer wrapped in a paper bag. I told a young female CM and she nodded and said she would keep an "eye on them." Unfortunately, I saw the same group of kids with the same type of brown bags in the park later in the day! I guess what I should have done was to grab one of the uniformed security folks rather than a regular CM (they are busy enough as it is...and I don't fault the CM I initially reported this to) ... I just wished they could have dealt with (removed?) these kids.....

Morrigoon
06-02-2003, 09:27 AM
That's true, you should tell security - because unless they're still within eyesight when the CM tells security, there isn't much security can do.

PhilMP
06-02-2003, 05:28 PM
Just look for a CM with a radio, a regular CM probably doesn't even know the phone extension to Security Communications, a CM with a radio can quickly get hold of Control (if they ever answer), and get a security guard out there quickly. (The one time when they answered me within 3 calls was when I saw an 11-357, guys smoking a non-tobacco product if you don't know radio codes.)

As for cameras, they're strategically placed around high-traffic areas and places where they can look at large groups of people at one time.

Laffite
06-02-2003, 10:13 PM
I will be 20 soon and won't be a "teen"ager anymore :)

warm regards,
Preston.

SNL Addict
06-03-2003, 04:31 AM
Thats just stupid, it people like them that give teenagers like me a bad name...

pouncingpluto
06-03-2003, 05:24 AM
This is the reason my last trip to WDW (for my 25th birthday) made me feel "old" for the first time. It was my first time being so appalled and annoyed by teenagers that I started using sentences that began with "when I was their age."

Unfortunately, I had the bad luck of being there the weekends of grad nights, and there were really large groups of teenagers, who were not only obnoxiously loud, but who also thought that one friend in front of us in line was a free pass for all of them to go up.

Christiii
06-03-2003, 01:55 PM
I just dont get it..never have..even when I was a teen...why do people think its fun and funny to run other people's time?? Its just so mean spirited!! On another board there was a discussion of DTD entertainment, and I have experienced really bad teens around the band by ESPN..sounds like the same type of kids!! People kept posting back that I was discriminating, and that I should be able to tolerate all kinds of people..and I do..ALL kinds...just not rude ones who go out of their way to make everyone around them miserable!
I just dont get it! I just love Disneyland so much, that I really hope everyone around me is having as much fun...and sometimes just lke to just sit somewhere and watch people having a great time...kind gives you the warm fuzzies..ya know??