PDA

View Full Version : You go, CMs!

DivaPrincess
05-30-2003, 02:01 PM
I guess I have a lot to say today. But, in my defense, I just got back from a trip to DLR!

And, I just have to say thank you to the cast members. You should be commended for really adding to the whole experience. It seemed like every CM I came in contact with was excited to be there and really in character, whether they helped me on a ride or rung up my purchase. Especially kudos to the cast members in DCA's Flicks Fun Fair - It was hot and those rides are really boring to operate, but you all had smiles on your faces, and wished us a great day. Fantasyland rocked, especially the cashier in the Princess store who told me she hoped my little princess would enjoy her crown, and when I asked how she knew it wasn't for me, she told me she could tell I was a queen! Also, the workers at Casey Jr, who waved at the crowds everytime they came around the track. Thanks to the guy who searched our bags at Disneyland, he was so excited to have us there! Thanks to the lady who we paid for parking, who has worked there for 17 years! Thanks to the Parade of the Stars performers, all of whom waved at my daughter. Thanks to the Evil Queen for being impressed that my 3-year old knew she was the Evil Queen, not the wicked witch like most people call her. Thanks to the EVS (or custodial, whatever they are called) for keeping DLR so dang clean. Thanks to Sleeping Beauty for hugging my little girl 3 times, and getting to know her, and having a great story when she was asked where Merryweather was. Thanks to the attractions workers, for finding joy and sharing joy in what can be a monotonous job. (I know, I used to work in attractions at MGM-Grand's wanna be theme park in LV)

Know that you do make a difference, and you are appreciated!

Lani
05-30-2003, 02:05 PM
I have to agree that my experiences have almost always been very positive with CMs. And compared to many other service industries, the CMs in the park are incredibly fantasmic! :)

10krbell
05-30-2003, 02:31 PM
I second that thought! Yes, I tend to complain a bit when I see a CM who looks like Disneyland is the last place they want to be! But 95% of them are fabulous people! The CM in the character department are my personal heroes! They go so far out of their way to keep the magic happen! (and on a personal note I miss *our* Ariel, who we found out on our last trip has left the Kingdom! :crying: )

DrGrbek
06-01-2003, 11:31 AM
Yes, Id like to t(belatedly)thank all the cast members who made my first trip to DL/DCA so special in Aug of last year. Especially the CM out front of Great Moments on Aug 26th who was "in Mickeys shoes":). Secretly, all I had wanted since I was 2 years old (I was 28 at the time) was to hug Mickey, and I got to do that that day. Here I was, this big tough guy, sobbing after meeting Mickey. That is one memory Ill always have!! So, to all you CMs, thanks so much for your hard work, exuberance and infinite patience with snarly guests! You rock!

TheManator
06-01-2003, 11:34 AM
I like that the fact the CMs at DLR are nice..unlike some I encounted too many times at the Magic Kingdom at WDW..sooooo rude there.

DL has one up on WDW.

dsnylndmom
06-01-2003, 12:26 PM
I gotta agree with ya!! In my last two trips(April and the impromptu May trip) I came across SOOO many great CM's. On both the april and may trips we had the greatest Jungle Cruise guides, they were crack ups! And in April at Innoventions, we met Shaun and Sean, for a "go backstage with us" thing and they were so good with my boys! Esp. my youngest who's name is also Shawn, we took a picture of the three of them and my son says "dat's the Shawn's" LOL

There was also the bestest CM ever at Autopia in Nov. my son Shawn turned 4 that day, had his birthday sticker on and no one said Happy Birthday all day to him. At the end of the day we were on Autopia and the CM said "Happy Birthday Shawn" and I told him he was the first one all day to wish him a HB. So we rode the ride and when we got off he was waiting for us and he gave Shawn a disneyland bag and said "This is for you from Disneyland Shawn, we hope you have a great birthday" I was in TEARS! It was a autopia toy car and Shawn still tells everyone 'dat's my present from Dineyland"!!

Whenever I get back from DL I ALWAYS email guest relations and tell them about the great CM's, by name and the time and day when came across them, apx. I hope it makes it back to them.

Tina

tabacco
06-01-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Lani
...the CMs in the park are incredibly fantasmic! :)

You mean we act like we're posessed by evil villains until Mickey comes along and zaps us? Hmm... probably not far off.

me&mickeymcgee
06-01-2003, 07:54 PM
Hello all...I am a current cast member at the DLR and I want to say thank you to you guys also. A few months ago I left a decent paying job with benefits, retirement, etc. to work almost full time at the resort. With all the benefits of my previous job, I absolutely hated it. There was no satisfaction in doing the job I was doing. Disney may pay less and the benefits are coming but not for a while, but I have to say I absolutely love it. It is so great to see the smile on a child's face when they encouter their favorite character or visit their favorite attraction for the umpteenth time. Any time a guest comment is documented at city hall we are notified. In four months of being there, I've had three documented comments (don't know if that's good or not) and it makes me feel like I've made someone's day if they have taken the time to actually go to city hall and document their experience.

One of the attractions I work on is Winnie the Pooh and today a little boy (6 yr old Trey from Newport Beach) came up to me before riding and told me how happy he was to be at Disneyland with his mom. After they got off the ride, they found me again and told me how much they liked it. When I go to work, I'm in a good mood and when the guests enthusiasm wears off on me, it makes my day so much better. I also always make it a point to say happy birthday to everone with a sticker, even if I can't pronounce the name!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love working at the DLR and I love making people's visits that much more enjoyable. Thank you to the guests who make it worth my while. It's great to actually be appreciated for a job well done.

TheManator
06-01-2003, 08:54 PM
It's great that more and more APers are becoming CMs.