PDA

View Full Version : Which Characters would you like to see?

Pages : [1] 2

10krbell
05-30-2003, 01:00 PM
OK, our evil Passholder thread got me thinking about characters. What characters would you really like to see at the Park? I would really like to Meg back (for obvious reason, heck I would move back to CA if I could get cast as her) Also Kida and Milo (am I the only one who liked Atlantis, besides dd?) Add to that any villian that could be protrayed as a Face Character! I *love* to be able to talk and interact more than with fuzzies!!!!

scaeagles
05-30-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by 10krbell
Add to that any villian that could be protrayed as a Face Character!

Ever meet Cruella at DCA? She was just outstanding when we did in March 2002. I'm bit sure if she's still around.

I really don't care what characters my kids meet, as long as it isn't the scary new Piglet thing I saw a picture of recently.....

DivaPrincess
05-30-2003, 01:30 PM
Cool thread!

Meg would be awesome. She's totally a princess too!
Tarzan and Jane
Kida and Milo (yes, I like Atlantis)
Kuzco
Mulan
Pocahantas
Tinkerbell!!!

Villians-
Malificent - lot's of green makeup
Cruella
Gaston
Ursula
The Tremain's - mom and sisters (played by men of course!)
YZMA and Kronk!!!

MammaSilva
05-30-2003, 01:31 PM
I think it would be a hoot to be able to meet the evil step sisters and step Mom out of Cinderella....we have so much fun 'booing' them at the ELP. I'd love to have John Smith and Pocohantas out and about more (I haven't seen him since the summer the movie was out, she's been around on really rare occassions). I'd love to see Burt out with Mary Poppins once in a while. While I'd love to see the Evil Queen and Maleficent more often it might be to frightening for the little ones.

Mukta
05-30-2003, 01:37 PM
You're not the only one who liked Atlantis. I loved it.

I used to love seeing Darkwing Duck. He is one of my favorites. And I never complained about the guy playing Tarzan. ;)

DivaPrincess
05-30-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by mammasilva
I think it would be a hoot to be able to meet the evil step sisters and step Mom out of Cinderella....we have so much fun 'booing' them at the ELP. I'd love to have John Smith and Pocohantas out and about more (I haven't seen him since the summer the movie was out, she's been around on really rare occassions). I'd love to see Burt out with Mary Poppins once in a while. While I'd love to see the Evil Queen and Maleficent more often it might be to frightening for the little ones.

The evil queen is out every time I've been there lately, and she's just as popular as the Princesses!

disneynut
05-30-2003, 01:41 PM
I'd like to see more guy face characters out. Peter Pan should be out more. It'd be nice to see Tarzan or Hercules. My daughter enjoys the interaction with the princesses but my son is at the cootie age. It would be nice to put out some guys that could interact with the boys. He loved seeing Quasimodo in Animazement...it would be neat if he were out.

It would be neat to see some of the older characters out more often too. Like the Big Bad Wolf, 3 Little Pigs, the Dwarfs.

I agree with mammasilva...the stepsisters and stepmom would be pretty neat to see out there too. They are so great in the parade. I don't know though...I might be a little intimidated to actually meet them. :eek:

merlinjones
05-30-2003, 01:44 PM
The Cheshire Cat!!!

Maleficent (a better design)

Mad Hatter (old big head version) and March Hare

Caterpillar

Peter Pan (new design with the right colors and no diaper, better casting)

Wendy

Wart/Young King Arthur

Mr. Toad!!!

Clarabelle and Horace

Zorro

Pecos Bill and Slue Foot Sue

Uncle Remus

10krbell
05-30-2003, 01:47 PM
Tarzan is out occasionally, we last saw him in Sept...to quote Ariel (after dd told her she met Tarzan) OOooh, he's Yummy!!! I whole Heartedly agree! Hopefully I'll get my scanner up an running and get the pictures up! He was also a *great* character...can you believe that he actually climbed the outside of the treehouse to talk to dd a second time!!!!! lol (proud mommy moment!)

Corrieandles
05-30-2003, 03:32 PM
I haven't been to DLR since August 2001, but I'm leaving on June 6 for an 8 day stay!!! I hope to see Mary Poppins. I'm so sad that her tea is gone, I used to love going to that with my husband and making him wear the boa in photo with Mary. Has she been seen lately?

QueenofHearts
05-30-2003, 03:47 PM
Mary Poppins was out every day when we went a few weeks ago. My little two year old sang "spoonful of sugar" to her, it was precious! She was out with a penguin companion.

Woodpecker Planet
05-30-2003, 04:28 PM
I'd like to see characters from TRON, and maybe the Harp from Mickey and the Beanstalk.

And what about Kim Possible?

10krbell
05-30-2003, 04:52 PM
OMG, how could I forget KP????????? Only the coolest teenager around! we are totally addicted to KP here, dd wants to be her for Halloween!!!!!!!

Morrigoon
05-31-2003, 12:19 AM
Peter Pan and Wendy - I want them to romp in the park the way Alice and the Mad Hatter do.

Also: I want a Queen of Hearts as a face character - and start having fat chicks play her instead of skinny tall men.

drjones
05-31-2003, 09:23 AM
the family and i saw stitch only once, and never saw him again. where did he go? bring him back to adventureland...........Oh, and an Indiana Jones face character would be cool.......

tracilicious
05-31-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by DivaPrincess
Cool thread!

Meg would be awesome. She's totally a princess too!
Tarzan and Jane
Kida and Milo (yes, I like Atlantis)
Kuzco
Mulan
Pocahantas
Tinkerbell!!!

Villians-
Malificent - lot's of green makeup
Cruella
Gaston
Ursula
The Tremain's - mom and sisters (played by men of course!)
YZMA and Kronk!!!

last time i was at dca, kida was out. this was shortly after the movie came out and mcdonalds had atlantis toys and my four year old neice went up to her and said, "i have you!"

i have also seen pocahontas out. kuzco too (he has a cool costume). yzma comes out too (not sure about kronk). looks like a lot of your list came true!

~<:) traci

jafar
06-01-2003, 06:28 PM
Meg was actually out just a few weeks ago, and a lot of the characters mentioned here make occasional appearances. Pocahontas is sometimes at dining if not in the parks.

A lot of the Hollywood characters (Yzma, Kronk...) are not out any more.

As far as what I'd like to see...

-Jack and Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas as atmosphere characters during Mansion Holiday.

Characters that are in parades but not atmosphere: Robin Hood, King Louie, Clarabelle. These would be fun to see on occasion.

I've never understood why they have groups of Pinocchio and Alice characters, including such obscure characters (to today's kids, anyway) as Foulfellow and Gideon, and then they have only Captain Hook from Peter Pan out, and some movies with no representation at all!

I'd also love to see Jafar making the rounds again, as well as Cruella!

10krbell
06-01-2003, 06:43 PM
Ok, my fingers are crossed that Meg will out next week for our visit (but I'm not holding my breath!) Where was she when you saw her? DL? DCA?

merlinjones
06-01-2003, 07:08 PM
>>I've never understood why they have groups of Pinocchio and Alice characters, including such obscure characters (to today's kids, anyway) as Foulfellow and Gideon, <<

Given home video, aren't these characters (any character) far less obscure than they have ever been?

jafar
06-01-2003, 07:16 PM
I can almost assure you that Meg will not be out! I don't think they even "stock" them any more.

As far as these obscure characters go, I completely agree that home video has made them a little better known to today's kids. My point is that routinely put out more obscure characters with minor parts in older -- albeit classic -- films, and then omit well-known characters from more recent releases. I absolutely love seeing lesser-known characters like Gideon, Foulfellow, and Brer Bear out, even though most kids aren't always sure of their names. But there are also many characters that guests would be excited to see! I'm sure that there are good reasons for their absence, but it would be nice (perhaps for the 50th) if we saw more classic characters out and about!

btw, great topic!

disneyphilip
08-03-2003, 01:28 PM
I too would love to see more of all the characters previously mentioned.

In addition, as I may have said before, I'd like Roger Rabbit to go back to coming out for meet-and-greets.

I want Brer Bear, Brer Rabbit and Brer Fox to appear at DL more often.

However, some people have told me that Roger and the Brers still make rare appearances at DL.

It would also be nice to see more of the old "Disney Afternoon" characters.

Other characters that I think should appear at DL more often:
Jiminy Cricket
Thumper
Flower
Mowgli
the Robin Hood cast
Bernard & Bianca
Basil
any male face characters
any other villians
anyone else not already mentioned

Plus, it would be fun to see Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy outside Muppet*Vision 3D at DCA, just like at the Disney-MGM Studios here in Florida.

Silrandil
08-03-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by drjones
the family and i saw stitch only once, and never saw him again. where did he go? bring him back to adventureland...........Oh, and an Indiana Jones face character would be cool.......

I saw Stitch at DCA in the area in front of the Oarnge stinger

Guest_Control
08-10-2003, 12:44 AM
My first post. Yay for me.

Stitch shows up near the Enchanted Tiki Room on occasion, and there is even a Lilo character out there sometimes. Personally, I think that Lilo is the most hideous character costume that I have ever seen. The eyes are just... wrong.

I'd love to see a Jack Skellington & Sally meet and greet, because I think that New Orleans Square is a great place for some character interactions, maybe during the early morning when the area is less crowded. The fountain outside of the train station would be an ideal place for a meet and greet, since it wouldn't disrupt foot traffic.

A "face" character that I'd love to see is Jack Sparrow, from Pirates of the Caribbean. The movie is insanely popular, and there are legions of Johnny Depp fangirls who would fly to Disneyland for the opportunity to meet the "real" Jack. I'd imagine that impersonating Johnny Depp would be a lot of fun for someone to do, and it sure beats walking around in a Gepetteo costume.

gliterrboy
08-10-2003, 07:56 AM
I would LOVE to see Ursula!!!!!!!!! She is my favorite! Have they created a costume for her??? Anyone ever seen her at the park?

I agree that more face characters would be awesome.

And I too loved Atlantis! :D

merlinjones
08-10-2003, 09:52 AM
Did I mention.... Cheshire Cat!!!!