PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Resort tickets going up June 12, 2011

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

AnotherJenny
06-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Just saw this on the Parks Blog:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/facts-on-disneyland-prices/

And now I'm off to renew my AP today, if not sooner...

AVP
06-10-2011, 12:49 PM
The Disneyland Resort just announced a price increase that will take place on June 12, 2011. The new pricing schedule is as follows:

Single Day, Single Park: $80 Adult ($4 increase) / $74 Child ($6 increase)
Single Day, Parkhopper: $105 Adult ($4 increase) / $99 Child ($8 increase)

Two Day, 1-Park Per Day: $158 Adult ($7 increase) / $146 Child ($10 increase)
Two Day, Parkhopper: $173 Adult ($12 increase) / $161 Child ($15 increase)

Three Day, 1-Park Per Day: $209 Adult / $193 Child (New ticket option)
Three Day, Parkhopper: $224 Adult ($15 increase) /$208 Child ($22 increase)

Four Day, 1-Park Per Day: $234 Adult / $216 Child (New ticket option)
Four Day, Parkhopper: $249 Adult ($18 increase) / $231 Child ($23 increase)

Five Day, 1-Park Per Day: $251 Adult / $231 Child (New ticket option)
Five Day, Parkhopper: $266 Adult ($15 increase) /$246 Child ($20 increase)

Six Day, 1-Park Per Day: $256 Adult / $236 Child (New ticket option)
Six Day, Parkhopper: $271 Adult ($15 increase) / $251 Child ($21 increase)

Southern California Select Annual Pass: $199, all ages ($15 increase).
Southern California Annual Pass: $269 for all ages ($30 increase).
Deluxe Annual Pass: $379 for all ages ($50 increase).
Premium Annual Pass: $499 for all ages ($40 increase).

A Disneyland Resort spokesperson says that parking fees will not increase. The Premiere Annual Passport, valid at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World, will increase from $700 to $749. The Annual Passholder "block out" ticket will be $59, a $9 increase.

Adrienne

houseofmouse
06-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Wow that's a huge increase for multi-day tickets!! I better get my son's 4 day now!

olegc
06-10-2011, 01:33 PM
since they hit the $4 increase threshold last time they raised prices I am not surprised... but looking at the child's ticket increases it's huge - and to think many of them can't go on some of the more popular E tickets (ok, some 9 yr olds are really big). That 199 costco card is looking really good right now. 4 days until Aug 31st plus $50.00 gift card for $200.00 compared to $250 and must use within 14 days.

AnotherJenny
06-10-2011, 01:58 PM
So, my AP is up on the 15th. I've been trying to renew it online for 2 days, but I keep getting an error saying it's invalid or not eligible for online renewal. I emailed, but when I saw the increase I finally broke down and called. (And the mail-in form says document not found.)

I decided to do the monthly payments this year, which apparently they can't process over the phone. The CM offers to extend my $20 discount for 30 days if I can't make it to park, and I told him, no, I'm going tomorrow, because you're raising prices. And he sort of laughs and says, "Oh, you've heard about that already?"

Of course, who do you think you're dealing with here! Haha. :D

Tinkermommy
06-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Holy cow! The second least expensive pass now costs more than our original Premium Annual Passes cost.

I'm surprised to hear this. Our passes renew July 17, and they usually raise the prices right after we renew, not before.

In the back of my mind, I'm thinking our passes are going up another $40 each, yet we're blocked out every Friday night in October for the second year in a row...and they've said the discount they've been giving is going away in January...argh. It's my happy place, but I do have to ask myself at what point I'm going to say, "Enough."

currence
06-10-2011, 02:13 PM
So just this morning I made my husband promise to look up his corporate prices for Annual passes, and whether we could pay for any of it with a gift card, since we will be needing to buy one for our daughter shortly. I contemplated stopping by Sams Club on my way to lunch to pick up some Disney gift cards but didn't have my preferred credit card with me. I actually said to my husband that "unless they raise prices this weekend, and announce it in advance, we should be able to take care of it later."

After I got back from lunch, I saw this thread and after a quick trip to Sam Club (thank goodness it's close) am the proud owner of e-certs for 2 Deluxe and 1 premium passport!

For those thinking about buying online, the redemption date for ours is 12/31/11. My current pass does not expire until November, but I'm willing to give Disney my money now to avoid paying $50 more in a few months. The credit card will be paid in full when the bill comes and the money would not otherwise earn that much in interest/investments in such a short period of time.

I love Mouseplanet!

hbmetzfam
06-10-2011, 02:14 PM
I am buying 7 premier passports for an upcoming trip to the world this summer. Guess I'll be headed to the park in the morning to save all that money!

torquedork
06-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Ouch - Luckly I had renewed mine just a few months ago

laurawill
06-10-2011, 02:43 PM
What the left hand giveth, the right hand taketh away... I got excited hoping for the possiblity of AP's with monthly payments but that is a HUGE price increase when you are talking about AP's for a whole family
:(

currence
06-10-2011, 02:44 PM
Holy cow! The second least expensive pass now costs more than our original Premium Annual Passes cost.

I'm surprised to hear this. Our passes renew July 17, and they usually raise the prices right after we renew, not before.

In the back of my mind, I'm thinking our passes are going up another $40 each, yet we're blocked out every Friday night in October for the second year in a row...and they've said the discount they've been giving is going away in January...argh. It's my happy place, but I do have to ask myself at what point I'm going to say, "Enough."

I had the same thoughts on prices, I'm pretty sure the cheapest So Cal is now the same price (or maybe more) than when I first starting buying my Disneyland passes. Of course, 1 day tickets also cost a whole lot less and DCA hadn't been built yet :)

As far as the discounts having a definitive expiration date, I'm not worried. Ever since they increased the discount from 10% to 20% and added a 10% discount for non-premium passes there has been a defined end-date associated with the discount. And each time we get close to that end date it has been extended. I am not guaranteeing that Disney will once-again increase it, I have no connection to the company and no secret ties to people in corporate. But from a general business perspective I can't imagine Disney giving up their ability to track our spending habits. I go to the park and Disney knows what I buy, what time I buy it, and what time I pick up fastpasses (and possibly whether I redeem them). And I willingly give them all of this information because I get something in return.

I think that having definitive end-date gives them the flexibility to tweak the program should they so desire. But I personally don't see them making drastic changes that would prevent me from voluntarily letting them scan my pass. For that to remain, there has to be some type of discount or reward for me.

Grandpa Louie
06-10-2011, 02:55 PM
This is the true circle of life.

laurawill
06-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Any idea yet if they will offer the advanced purchase discount for multi day tix?

AnotherJenny
06-10-2011, 03:03 PM
If you want a blast from the past, when I took to Google to find answers the Disney site does not provide, I found this old PDF (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/media/dlr/webContent/default/eng/annualPassholder/APContent/APRenewal_08.25.04.pdf) from August 2004.

Andrew
06-10-2011, 03:12 PM
If you want a blast from the past, when I took to Google to find answers the Disney site does not provide, I found this old PDF (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/media/dlr/webContent/default/eng/annualPassholder/APContent/APRenewal_08.25.04.pdf) from August 2004.

The Premium AP has gone up 44% in the seven years since then. Do additions since then plus inflation equal 44%?

olegc
06-10-2011, 03:45 PM
i didn't do the math - but there were not that many additions. Maybe ToT? Monsters Inc? - then, a lot of changes (not additions) including TSI pirates, then not really pirate, and Sparrow on POTC, and Halloween, then princess faire, and fairies, and refurbs, and the 50th (oh, and foods). O. So - if you looked at the big picture, a lot of it was show based and refurbishment to bring it to a level of quality probably not seen for a while. It's a lot of "whole picture" viewing needed to be done.

Tinkermommy
06-10-2011, 04:01 PM
If I remember correctly, we bought our first passes the summer after the Tinkerteen's first grade year. I'm pretty sure I paid $229 for them. Yow.

Here's my dilemma (besides asking myself if I should really be dropping a thousand bucks on two annual passes). I'd renew this weekend, except we're scheduled to take my daughter's fourth grade teacher and her hubby to DCA on Thursday, and I'm not sure the new passes would be there by then. The other, bigger issue is that I just ordered my rewards card a few days ago with plans to use it toward our renewals. It's half of our renewal amount. If it doesn't come tomorrow, I won't be able to use it. I can always use the card over the next year at DL, but I really wanted to apply it to our passes. I curse your surprise timing, rate-raising department!

PS - I know they raised the price after we renewed last summer. Was this the year they also did a mid-year rate increase? Am I mistaken, or were there really THREE rate increases during my pass year?

currence
06-10-2011, 04:17 PM
When you request the rewards card, do you tell it how much money to put on it? If so, I don't know what you can do other than wait for it to arrive. We always pick up a zero-value card at the parks and then have to call to transfer the money onto the card. If it doesn't come pre-loaded is there any chance you can swing by Disneyland this weekend to pick up an empty card? If it does come loaded, I don't know if Chase would let you transfer the reward money from one card to another especially before the loaded card arrives but it could be worth trying.

I doubt Disney would get your renewal passes that early, especially with higher than normal volume as people capitalize on the old prices (though since they don't have to print photos on the passes anymore, who knows). I think your best bet would be to renew in person (if possible) or split the savings and buy a new annual pass from the Disney store (or elsewhere) and then wait to activate it until your next trip after your current passes expire. You lose the renewal discount and the special background, but you would probably make part of that up by not paying for days you don't use (and of course by not paying the price increase this year).

I know in 2009/2010 there was at least two price increases (possible three if the parking increase was separate). I think there was only one in 2010/2011.

AnotherJenny
06-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Here's my dilemma (besides asking myself if I should really be dropping a thousand bucks on two annual passes). I'd renew this weekend, except we're scheduled to take my daughter's fourth grade teacher and her hubby to DCA on Thursday, and I'm not sure the new passes would be there by then. The other, bigger issue is that I just ordered my rewards card a few days ago with plans to use it toward our renewals. It's half of our renewal amount. If it doesn't come tomorrow, I won't be able to use it. I can always use the card over the next year at DL, but I really wanted to apply it to our passes. I curse your surprise timing, rate-raising department!

Just curious, but if you already have your renewal by mail form with the old prices, wouldn't Disney honor that as long as it's postmarked before your current pass expires?

JunJunM3
06-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Yikes!!! My AP doesn't expire til 8/2. I want to renew mine asap, but am I right in guessing that theywon't let me renew it quite yet because it's too early?

Tinkermommy
06-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Just curious, but if you already have your renewal by mail form with the old prices, wouldn't Disney honor that as long as it's postmarked before your current pass expires?

I wish. Unfortunately, I don't have a paper renewal offer. I haven't received one in at least three years, even though I updated my address when I moved last year. But I didn't get the last one I should have received before I moved, either. So I always renew online.

AnotherJenny
06-10-2011, 04:52 PM
JunJunM3: Right. The magic number is 40 days.

Tinkermommy: Sent you a PM.

Tinkermommy
06-10-2011, 05:09 PM
AnotherJenny: thank you!

I just went into the AP section. Oddly enough, it made me enter my AP bar code number just to be able to enter the site AFTER entering my email address and password.

Anyway, it shows my current renewal rate at the pre-increase rate (of course). I noticed a "live chat" button, so I used it to ask an agent if the renewal rate on my AP screen was going to change on 6/12 to reflect the rate increase. He assured me it will. I asked what would happen if I had a paper renewal offer in hand showing the pre-increase rates. (My renewal isn't due until 7/17.) He said: I do not believe there are rates printed on the renewal paperwork. I believe it just says you get a $20 discount on the Premium or Deluxe Annual Passports. Prices are subject to change without notice so if the prices change when you go to renew, then unfortunately the price would be higher.

As stated above, I haven't received a paper renewal notice in years, but I was pretty sure they had the rates on them as you can do it by mail. Does anybody have one? Does it have the rates?

Malcon10t
06-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Well, we just purchased APs for this year at the old rate. I figure its a $20 per person savings (considering we would get a renewal discount.) Then when it expires, will just wait for the next trip.

currence
06-10-2011, 06:25 PM
See, and depending on when your next trip is, it could be so much more than a $20 savings. At $499 for the premium pass, you save $1.37 every day you let your pass lapse without renewing it. If you wait at least 15 days, you have overcome the renewal discount. And if you wait longer than that, the savings versus renewal could be even higher.*

*of course, based on how many trips you've taken this year, I'm not sure you can wait three weeks between trips :)