PDA

View Full Version : Castle walk-through idea

California Aggie
05-29-2003, 10:34 PM
They supposedly have the castle closed because of a terrorist threat (and not being able to supervise easily what goes on in there). I never much cared for the dioramas in there anyway, since they looked fairly slapped together and really weren't that much to see. (unlike the themed passage ways in Disneyland Paris). What if they took out the dioramas and built a meet and great area for some of the princesses... Sleeping Beauty of course, Snow White, Cinderalla, et al. I know there isn't much room, but it seems like they should be able to configure something. A room with a simple, yet nice, Old European feel. Perhaps just have one princess at a time. to make it ADA compliant they could even have an elevator where the current entrance stairway is. General Guests would enter the castle in the old exit stairway. Then Disney could build a new stairway that deposits guests into the princess shop. (justifying the change to the bean counters)

Disney would solve the terrorist problem by having a princess or two and their handlers in the Castle when its open keeping their eyes open. (In addition to new cameras they could install). Maybe the castle would still be a target, but Disney World's castle is also a potential target and they still have the Restaurant there open. And you can still walk under the DL castle anyway. More importantly, the guest would get a better character experience than the old Light Magic viewing area! It would be an easy thing to do for the 50th and create some simple, quiet magic that sometimes is overlooked.

tabacco
05-30-2003, 12:33 AM
Oh great, more princesses :(

refurbmike
05-30-2003, 10:39 AM
Actually, the problem was more than surveillence; it was access. If the castle ever collapsed (name the cause), many guests could be trapped.

TheManator
05-30-2003, 10:43 AM
they should just put in a dungeon/dragon thing like they have at DLP. But how that castle is shaped, it might be difficult for DLR to do.

10krbell
05-30-2003, 10:53 AM
While I am not a *huge* fan of the dioramas (sp?) I would almost hate to see them go! I have the wonderful memory of Sleeping Beauty actually sneaking away to walk through the castle with myself, dh, and dd! What I would like to see is something like at WDW with Cinderella's Royal Table, though I am sure that our castle isn't big enough to hold a restaraunt!