PDA

View Full Version : DCA construction - new traffic flow starting Sunday, June 12

AVP
06-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Starting Sunday, be prepared for a new set of construction walls at Disney California Adventure. The corridor to the west of the hub (where the sun icon used to be, and where the Carthay Circle Theater is now under construction) will be closing between Condor Flats and A Bug's Land. This means that as you enter DCA you can go left into Hollywood or right into Condor Flats, but you can no longer go straight back to the Pacific Wharf or A Bug's Land.

No word on how long this closure will remain in effect.

Adrienne

olegc
06-09-2011, 09:43 PM
wow - at least the walk will be kind of scenic! Now more than ever - go into Whitewater and buy something so you can use the entrance (I have been told that works). then go the back, work your way to bugs land, then to hollywood, then out the gate. full day.

dznyphreak
06-09-2011, 09:50 PM
I'd imagine they have to lay the pipes connecting the pump house to its fountain, right? In the meantime, it'll be a pain taking the long way around.

shna
06-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Do we know yet when the new gates will be up and running (if they're not already)?

IllusionOfLife
06-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Do we know yet when the new gates will be up and running (if they're not already)?

As of tonight the new entrance gates are still very much under construction.

JunJunM3
06-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Boy, these new detours within DCA will be somewhat of a pain but the end result will be worth it. In the meantime though, it looks like the exit flow out of World of Color will be quite hellish.

jananafish
06-14-2011, 10:46 PM
can someone take a pic? i'm having a hard time visualizing it. can you still go from ToT through the bugs land back to pacific wharf?

dznyphreak
06-15-2011, 12:18 AM
can someone take a pic? i'm having a hard time visualizing it. can you still go from ToT through the bugs land back to pacific wharf?

Yes you can, but you can't walk from Brrr-bank to bug's land. That's the little section that's blocked off.

Teddi
06-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Painful! I really can't wait til it's all done and looks pretty and we can walk everywhere.

Is the TOT gate to Bugs Land going to be a permanent thing? That, I love. I hope it stays that way.

candles71
06-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Painful! I really can't wait til it's all done and looks pretty and we can walk everywhere.

Is the TOT gate to Bugs Land going to be a permanent thing? That, I love. I hope it stays that way.

I am pretty sure this was a permanent thing

Malcon10t
06-15-2011, 07:58 PM
That's not the best detour in the summer.