PDA

View Full Version : Most romantic things to do at DLR

iAmJacksDLand
05-29-2003, 11:59 AM
I know some of the more obvious romantic things to do around the DLR, but I'd like to hear some more suggestions/ideas.

Got any?

CarlieB
05-29-2003, 01:41 PM
Watching the fireworks with your special someone is pretty nice...(but also pretty obvious, I guess...)

Lani
05-29-2003, 02:06 PM
We wrote a special Valentine's Day article called "Finding Romance in the Park (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm020212.htm)" -- I'd recommend you read that one for some good tips. :)

Pat-n-Eil
05-29-2003, 02:35 PM
Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I think Disneyland is just a romantic place all over. Almost any of the dark rides would be romantic if you sat with your honey. Pirates, Small World, [insert any fantasyland ride here], Splash Mountain even Space Mountain & The Great Thunder Mountain Rail Road

We have two kids, but they are at the age where they can ride with each other - so my wife and I get to do any attraction together.

Walking down main street hand in hand is nice. Getting a coffee or cinnamon roll together. Dining at the Trattoria in DCA is nice. Getting a Margarita and taking in a blues band down in the Pacific Wharf is good too.

Walking from Mark Twain/TMRR to Fantasyland is a romantic area with lush vegetation. Shopping together can also be romantic if the crowds aren't too nuts.

Ride the train, drink a mint julep and watch the band, stroll along the cobbled streets of New Orleans Square. Get your portraits done.

Heck - what isn't romantic at Disneyland?

10krbell
05-29-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Pat&Eil
Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I think Disneyland is just a romantic place all over.

Ride the train, drink a mint julep and watch the band, stroll along the cobbled streets of New Orleans Square. Get your portraits done.

Heck - what isn't romantic at Disneyland?

Have to agree with everything you said! Of course I was proposed to at Disneyland so it has a very special place in my heart!

Snow White's Wishing Well in the evenings is also a great place, snuggling on a bench at the hub in the evening as well!

innerSpaceman
05-29-2003, 03:09 PM
Sneaking off to the Friendly Indian Village for a make-out session.

If things get too carried away, there are plenty of teepees handy (just watch out for those center pipes for the smoke effects).

:fez:

cemeinke
05-29-2003, 07:32 PM
I heard from a CM working Grad Night that the spirit of Adventures Through Inner Space still lives on.

Apparently, it's successor, Star Tours recently had to shut down 2 vehicals to uh...clean things up after lusty antics of a few grads in love.

Laffite
05-29-2003, 10:25 PM
A night cruise on the Mark Twain... a nice sitting at the Gallery's courtyard.

Warm regards,
Preston.

sgtdilbert
05-30-2003, 09:29 AM
My all-time favorite place is very out of the way. On the otherside of the path near the Matterhorn queue, there is usually some kind of vendor selling drinks or some type of food. There's some patio seating directly behind these carts. The monorail run directly over this patio area.

Well, most people just sit in the closest ones to the carts, but there's a lot of seating, and there's a nice private bench at the very end of the patio area.

If you go there at night, it is not well lit at all, especially the very end. You can view the fireworks there, although there is some view obstruction. The point is, that you can just be there with your significant other, in relative darkness, with virtually no one near you, and have a decent view of the fireworks.

Also a great place to feed the ducks.

s.

iAmJacksDLand
06-02-2003, 12:10 PM
My all-time favorite place is very out of the way. On the otherside of the path near the Matterhorn queue, there is usually some kind of vendor selling drinks or some type of food. There's some patio seating directly behind these carts. The monorail run directly over this patio area.

My girlfriend asks that I thank you for this suggestion. It worked out perfectly.