PDA

View Full Version : Casting Question

ScottC4746
06-06-2011, 03:51 PM
I had applied in June 2007 and was hired on the spot but had to turn in the paperwork one day before I was scheduled to process in because I could not afford NV mortgage AND CA rent at the same time on Disney pay. I left my office job last summer and have been trying to get hired back ever since but it seems they won't touch me now. Did I screw myself over from what I did in 2007 or are they just still very swamped with applications because of the current economy?

Werner
06-07-2011, 12:47 AM
HI ScottC4746, I worked at DL on Summer (1990) -- parking lot -- but I really couldn't say what's going on now. Hopefully some other folks can chime in here to give you some advice. I sure hope things work out for you!

ogold72
06-07-2011, 06:07 AM
Well I dont know about DL current hiring environment but whether you will be hired would be tough for anyone to judge. If I may ask, did you explain why you were declining the position when you turned in your paperwork?

Perhaps you would get some piece of mind by contacting HR and asking them if you are in good standing with them. If you are in good standing, you would at least know. If, for some reason, you are not in good standing, well you would know that as well. You might even have the opportunity to speak with someone and plead your case and get them to change the coding on your file. If you are already hosed then you cant be more hosed by asking. HRs are usually pretty close-hold, so they might not be initially forthcoming so you may have to press the issue or maybe even write a letter explaining your situation and that would give you an opportunity to show how much you want to be a CM.

Hope that was not to forward to say

Good luck!

ScottC4746
06-07-2011, 07:25 AM
Well I dont know about DL current hiring environment but whether you will be hired would be tough for anyone to judge. If I may ask, did you explain why you were declining the position when you turned in your paperwork?

Perhaps you would get some piece of mind by contacting HR and asking them if you are in good standing with them. If you are in good standing, you would at least know. If, for some reason, you are not in good standing, well you would know that as well. You might even have the opportunity to speak with someone and plead your case and get them to change the coding on your file. If you are already hosed then you cant be more hosed by asking. HRs are usually pretty close-hold, so they might not be initially forthcoming so you may have to press the issue or maybe even write a letter explaining your situation and that would give you an opportunity to show how much you want to be a CM.

Hope that was not to forward to say

Good luck!

Should I show up in person? They may be more willing to devulge information in person since I can establish my identity rathern than over the phone I think.

chrissocali
06-07-2011, 08:54 PM
You need to take into consideration the economy. In 2007 the job and housing market were very high and there were more job opportunities available. After the market crashed in 2008, unemployment steadily rose and now you are competing with many more applicants and recent graduates for entry level jobs. The number of applications Disney receives today in comparison to 2007 is huge. I would suggest going in person, with a resume, cover letter and dressed appropriately(amazing people still show up in jeans and T-'s). You may have to apply numerous times and don't be picky in which department you are choosing to apply. You can always transfer when the opportunity becomes available.

When you say "hired," were you actually put on their payroll and issued a cast member ID or ID number? If you were never a cast member then you will probably not have a negative rehire status. If you were in the system and were unprofessional like not showing up or informing them properly of your status, then your rehire status will be a negative. Maybe the paperwork you never turned in was to be a cast member so you never issued an ID number and wont have a negative rehire status.

ScottC4746
06-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Well, hired in that they said please come back Friday for orientation and to process in. Hired as in they gave me paperwork to fill out at home. I tried to explain when I turned in my papers saying financially I could not accept the position at this time but I think it fell on deaf ears.

adriennek
06-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Well, hired in that they said please come back Friday for orientation and to process in. Hired as in they gave me paperwork to fill out at home. I tried to explain when I turned in my papers saying financially I could not accept the position at this time but I think it fell on deaf ears.

I'm just curious - why did you turn the papers in if you knew you couldn't accept a position?

chrissocali
06-09-2011, 08:40 PM

Go in and check your rehire status. Maybe a negative for failure to show up and the reason they don't consider you.

ScottC4746
06-11-2011, 04:34 PM
I'm just curious - why did you turn the papers in if you knew you couldn't accept a position?

They sent me home with papers on a Wednesday to fill out and told to come back on Friday to process in. When we sat down and crunched the numbers we discovered we could not afford it. Thursday I returned the packet, save for the papers which I shredded since they were filled out, and tried to explain to the receptionist at the casting center. They acted like they did not want to hear it.

Niwel
06-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Hey Scott,
I would try to get in contact with them again. The people whom you spoke with then will likely not be the same you would speak to now.
Go in person -- and dress to impress as they might interview you that day.