PDA

View Full Version : POTC boat names

mousketeer
05-28-2003, 08:01 PM
I have two questions:
1. When did Pirates remove the names of their boats? Or are they still there?
2. When did they go "on a Disney vacation"? ;)

pixiepal
05-28-2003, 08:10 PM
I didn't think the Pirate boats had names....

mousetrap adam
05-28-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by pixiepal
I didn't think the Pirate boats had names....
...and she's right!!

#2: The boats went on "Disney Vacation" starting April 28. Since then, they've been laying around backstage next to the Pirates and Indy show buildings, working on their tans and sipping mai-tais (you know, the drinks with the little umbrellas sticking out of the top). They said they'd send me a postcard, but they haven't yet... some friends they are... [grumble, grumble] ;)

But they'll be back in action starting May 29th at 11:59 pm; those lucky Grad Niters get "first ride back" honors, then it'll open with the rest of the park on Friday.

-Mo

jerjer2005
05-28-2003, 08:47 PM
The boats of the POC are not named nor have they ever been. they just have lonely numbers. :-(

me&mickeymcgee
05-29-2003, 02:00 AM
yep...superadamohx, that's right. the POC boats have been on a much needed vacation. when they reopen for grad night tomorrow, i'll be there, working of course. it will be fun working the first shift back from a rehab especially on a grad night! hope to see you kids there this summer!

p.s. don't forget, Pirates of the Caribbean, Curse of the Black Pearl in theatres July 9 and the trailer is playing in theatres now!!!

9oldmen
05-29-2003, 06:54 AM
Well, technically, one boat has a name. I think the ship in the battle scene is called the "Wicked Wench" or something like that. Other than that, the boats that the guests ride, un-like those in Storybookland, or the Motor Boat Cruise, have never had names.

mousketeer
05-29-2003, 05:54 PM
Here's some interesting information:

!http://www.geocities.com/oooketchup/POTC.htm
The boats that carry guests through the attraction used to have names of French ladies. The only one I remember is Desireé. If anyone knows of any others, please let us know!

swtkissez
05-29-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by mousketeer

The boats that carry guests through the attraction used to have names of French ladies. The only one I remember is Desireé. If anyone knows of any others, please let us know!

I believe mousketeer is right, if i remember correctly, the boats did have names a French ladies...makes perfect sense, right??

I may have read it somewhere, just not sure where....:confused:

:cool: :cool:

mousketeer
05-29-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by swtkissez
I believe mousketeer is right, if i remember correctly, the boats did have names a French ladies...makes perfect sense, right??

I may have read it somewhere, just not sure where....:confused:

:cool: :cool:

Here's a guess.

Maybe it was removed during the imfamous "politically correct" refurb. Too sexist, I suppose:confused: . These rules obviousely did not apply to the Enchanted Tiki Room, who'se follies all have French names. But hey, I'm not surprised - this is about the only positive thing about its neglect.;)

MintJulep
05-30-2003, 12:54 AM
the pirates boats, formally called "Bateau" by the original imagineers, DID have names when the attractions opened in 1966.

Bateau is french for boat, so it follows that they have french names. the boats were not originally painted blue/orange. i suppose that when the boats were repainted they didn't bother to repaint the names.