PDA

View Full Version : Ad on MP home page?

letshavefun
06-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Has any body checked out the ad about the 2 Disney tickets for $40.00 on the home page? I was just wondering what a person would have to do for that deal.

AVP
06-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Has any body checked out the ad about the 2 Disney tickets for $40.00 on the home page? I was just wondering what a person would have to do for that deal.I saw that ad yesterday, and when it popped up again today I called about it. Disclaimer: this is a Google Ad, not a direct-placement with MousePlanet, so we did not have an opportunity to preview or approve the ad before it ran.

To get the tickets you also have to also purchase a $158 hotel package, so the total cost is $198. These are one-day, one-park adult tickets. The guy on the phone had no idea if the tickets had an upgrade value to a multi-day or park hopper ticket.

The hotel package is at Calypso Cay, a time share resort in Orlando four miles away from Walt Disney World. You also have to attend their presentation as part of the condition of the package.

Personally, I wouldn't do it. I don't like the way the whole offer is represented, [they are framing this as a one-day deal like a "Groupon" or "Living Social" promotion, when it's clearly not] and that doesn't bode well for the nature of their time share presentation.

AVP

letshavefun
06-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Thank you. I knew it had to be something weird. I didn't want to even click on it because I had no idea where it would take me or what list I would get on.

woody9six
06-01-2011, 04:28 PM
If it sounds too good to be true... :p