PDA

View Full Version : Summer crowds

dizneyangel
05-28-2003, 01:48 PM
Forgive me if this has been addressed before, but we never go to DLR in the summer. I was wondering if the crowds are less in the first part of the week or the last part? We are planning to July 22 - 25, but didn't know when it would be better.

Also, has anyone stayed at the Desert Palm Inn and Suites? Is it nice?

Thanks from a career lurker!

jrad32
05-28-2003, 01:59 PM
Summer is busy period. weekdays are usually a little less busy, but you never know.

BTMichael
05-28-2003, 02:27 PM
jrad32 is correct. The weekdays in July and August are not always consistent. A lot may depend on what occurred on the prior weekend or upcoming weekend, as some people extend the special weekend events by either arriving a day or two early, or staying a day or two later, or both!

We have visited at the end of July the last 5 years and each visit has been different. Sometimes, Monday and Tuesday are busier than Thursday, sometimes it is the reverse. Wednesday is historically the least crowded day, but last year it wasn't for us.

For a 4 day stay, my inclination is to believe that M-Tu-W-Th is less crowded than Tu-W-Th-F, mostly because of Friday. We have stayed to Friday twice and both days were packed. We will be there Monday thru Friday this year, so it will be interesting to see how the crowds play out.

Have fun! :)

BTMichael

RideMax Mark
05-28-2003, 02:46 PM
And one more important tip if you're going in the summer is to arrive early. You can get a LOT done from 8-10am before the crowds start piling in...

swtkissez
05-28-2003, 03:18 PM
From my experience.....

I find that the crowds in the latter part of summer (lets say from 2nd week in July to end of August) are the biggest. Thats a prime season for family vacations, due to the fact that schools are sparatically getting out between May and the end of June. So I would go earlier, but since your going the end of July, I agree that taking it in on the weekdays (ie M-Tu-W-Th) is the best. Even though these crowds aren't significantly less than the weekends. Hope my 2 cents helps, have fun!!!

:D

dizneyangel
05-28-2003, 03:33 PM
Thanks all for your input. It was what I thought, so we may wait til the next week when we can go Sunday to Weds. My kidlet doesn't get out of school til the 21st of July, or we'd go earlier.

Anyways, thanks!

ae's mom
05-29-2003, 08:06 AM
We went the second week of August last year (SUN - WED) and it wasn't to bad considering it was August. We had always gone off season and were expecting absolute masses of people. I have to agree about hitting the parks right when they open (8:00). We were able to ride all the major rides before it got to crowded. We would break about 2:00 and return in the evening after dinner.

We are going again this year in August and are hoping for a similiar experience. It should be even better since we are getting the 5 days for 3 Passport Plus with the unlimited FastPasses!!!!:D