PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Mickeys at Disneyland

Lost Boy
05-28-2003, 08:49 AM
We all have heard about the Hidden Mickey's that Imagineers put in attractions and rides at Disneyland. How many have you actually seen with your own eyes and where did you see it/them.

1. Mr Toad's Wild Ride on the back of the second set of doors at the entrance.

2. Pirates of the Carribean - not there since the rehab, but the Pirate Ship Captains hat formed the shadow of Mickey's head on the sail in back of him when his head turned a certain way. He did it every time a boat came out of the cavern in the battle scene. They changed the hat and the lighting in the most recent rehab.

I have more but since I am at work don't have the time to list them all right now.

PineapplePrincess
05-28-2003, 10:14 AM
I like the one in the HM. It is on the table in the ballroom scene. Sometimes the CMs move it around. :D

SoCalSnowWhite
05-28-2003, 02:00 PM
I think the HM one is the most popular one. I've seen many, so many I don't think I can list them all. I know I've posted a few on the site.

I like the POTC one in the wall, the wheels on BTMR, I saw one on the tombstones by the opera singer in HM, the balloons in the beginning of IASW....there's too many to list!!!!

Niwel
05-28-2003, 02:31 PM
While I was working in Fantasyland (Summer 1998 for those who haven't read the College With the Mouse series) I noticed a really cool one in Pinocchio's Daring Journey. It was a wooden Mickey head on a wooden post in the "Pool Hall." One night, while doing my walkthough, I noticed it had been ripped off. I asked my manager if I should call Facilities or someone and have them replace it. He said no, but they would look into it. It is still missing.
If you look on the first post on the right when you come into the room, you'll see that the coloring is a little different in one spot -- that's where the head used to be.

swtkissez
05-28-2003, 03:25 PM
This one isn't all too exciting, but here it is.

I was once working the popcorn cart in the Sunshine Plaza at DCA and i noticed a bunch of custodial staring at the ground looking for something (did I mention it was a really slow day??). So i asked what they were looking for and they told me they heard there a Mickey Stone embedded in the ground amoung the other rocks. So at my first chance i looked, and sure enough there is a perfect Mickey stone right underneath the little bench attached to the wall behind the popcorn cart, its kinda cute.

Thats all i have seen myself.

:cool:

PsychDoc
05-28-2003, 07:44 PM
My sister and I have a contest going every time we visit DL; who can find the most new HMs. Doing this has really sparked an even greater excitment to our visits. To see a fairly complete list and to submit your own, type Hidden Mickeys as a keyword search. (sorry I'm not great with the links). It's a really cool site. I spent hours on it the first time I was on it.