PDA

View Full Version : Walt's Working Office

mousketeer
05-27-2003, 09:00 PM
Are we every getting it back. I'm getting really sick of that piece of drywall.

HBTiggerFan
05-27-2003, 09:02 PM
Florida was supposed to give it back. Supposed to are the key words. They kidnapped it and aren't giving it back any time soon! :mad: :rolleyes:

mousketeer
05-27-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
Florida was supposed to give it back. Supposed to are the key words. They kidnapped it and aren't giving it back any time soon! :mad: :rolleyes:

I wonder what's the ransom;)

Pirate Girl
05-27-2003, 10:22 PM
I read somewhere (I'll try and find where) that they aren't going to send it back because it takes so much work to catalog everything in the office. Personally, I think that's a dumb reason, but as long as they don't do something dumb and ruin it. :mad:

HBTiggerFan
05-27-2003, 10:25 PM
It was supposed to be returned after the 100 years of magic celebration (that we got jack and squat for). I hope TPTB learned a lesson here...never lend WDW stuff, they won't give it back

AliKzam
05-27-2003, 10:48 PM
I'd read before the stuff is so old it'll fall aprt, but it's only like 50 years old. So somebody just doesn't want to give it back.
(Grumble grumble)...Stupid Disneyworld....(grumble)... thinks they're so much better than us...(grumble grumble).

Nigel2
05-27-2003, 10:53 PM
Well it's 50 years old and hasn't been touched at all means that there are no repairs that can be done to it. Odds are you don't have 50 year old carpet in your house and so forth. They probably fear that they would lose items in transit, they may have even damaged some in transit the first time.

tabacco
05-27-2003, 11:25 PM
Besides, I'm pretty sure most of the items are more than 50 years old. Walt had an office well before Disneyland opened.

MammaSilva
05-27-2003, 11:30 PM
Personally I doubt the age is the reason ..... they manage to move artifacts all over the world without ruining them... otherwise the people with antiques or museums wouldn't ever be able to share different displays/shows ...... granted they can't toss it in the back of a uhaul and drive cross country.. but there are plenty of professional movers that deal with things of that nature.

If we aren't going to get it back I think it should go in the Smithsonian (SP?) in Washington.. how can Fonzie's jacket be more important than Walt's office? Granted I'd really rather it was back home where it belongs.. but if we can't have it I don't want them to have it either :mad:

Nigel2
05-27-2003, 11:45 PM
There is a difference though, odds are the staff of restorers are constantly watching the artifacts at museums and make restorations when needed. Disney probably didn't think they would need to keep things at ideal temps so things started to break down.

Matterhorn Fan
05-28-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by mammasilva
.. but if we can't have it I don't want them to have it either :mad: :rolleyes:

I've gotta say, the exhibit at WDW is gorgeous, and it alone might be worth the trip to Florida for a lot of you CA folks. It's huge--one who had the time could spend a good part of their day in there reading all the stuff.

The office looks great where it is right now, and if it's true that they don't want to give it back, I can understand why. Still, they've gotta do something about that hole it left in the Walt Disney Experience at DL.

AliKzam
05-28-2003, 02:50 PM
Audio Animatronic Walt!

No?

Lashbear
05-28-2003, 08:10 PM
Yes !!!

HBTiggerFan
05-28-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
:rolleyes:

I've gotta say, the exhibit at WDW is gorgeous, and it alone might be worth the trip to Florida for a lot of you CA folks. It's huge--one who had the time could spend a good part of their day in there reading all the stuff.

The office looks great where it is right now, and if it's true that they don't want to give it back, I can understand why.

It was Disneylands FIRST! WDW was "borrowing" it for Walts' 100th birthday celebration (note DL got majorly ripped off on that celebration too! we got NOTHING!). :mad:

I do NOT want to go to WDW to see something that rightfully belongs in DL. In fact I refuse to go to WDW to see something that came from Disneyland and was stolen by WDW. It belongs IN Disneyland!

:mad:

cemeinke
05-28-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
(note DL got majorly ripped off on that celebration too! we got NOTHING!). :mad:

Oh don't be silly - who could ever forget the spectacular Walt's 100th commerative shadowbox, intimately displayed in a Main Street Entryway:

http://www.linkline.com/personal/cemeinke/img/Walt's%20100th%20Celebration%20at%20DL.jpg

Oh and Walt's Favorite foods! Gotta love that Chilli
:fez:

Mansion Man
05-29-2003, 06:42 AM
I do NOT want to go to WDW to see something that rightfully belongs in DL. In fact I refuse to go to WDW to see something that came from Disneyland and was stolen by WDW. It belongs IN Disneyland!

:mad: [/B][/QUOTE]

Plead with Jay Rasulo. He is a kick-*** kind of guy, and if anybody could get it back, he could!

Matterhorn Fan
05-29-2003, 09:40 AM
I was not suggesting that anyone go to WDW only to see Walt's office. Please read my post again. The One Man's Dream exhibit it positively outstanding. I said that the exhibit alone might be worth the trip for many people, not seeing the office. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it sucks that the office isn't in Disneyland. And it sucks that Disneyland didn't get anything for Walt's 100th. And it sucks that they just slapped that tacky piece of drywall over the spot where it used to be. Whining about it isn't going to do any good. Sure the office should be returned. But I as I said, I can understand the various reasons why that might not happen. (And I don't think it's a conspiracy to shaft Disneyland.)

I'm over it. Then again, I was labeled as a double agent by someone who shall remain nameless way back in January. (You know who you are.;))

AliKzam
05-29-2003, 04:25 PM
Well, maybe they could put an ode to Walt (a bigger ode to Walt) in with the 50th? Sure, it would be four years later, but it would fit being DL's anniversary. Some people would complain, but we could blame the lateness thing on the old regime for being so stupid not doing it right the first time. Thus making the new regime look even cooler!
Go, Rasulo!

TheManator
05-29-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by AliKzam

(Grumble grumble)...Stupid Disneyworld....(grumble)... thinks they're so much better than us...(grumble grumble).

Well, they are :D

Kidding aside, I think Disneyland should get it back, even though I'd rather have it at Walt Disney World, since it is the main park I do goto, and I don't really want to wait longer to see his office.

PinkFloyd
05-29-2003, 05:56 PM
I agree that it should be in Disneyland. I don't think it should have been moved in the first place. WDW should have created an exhibit of their own. Perhaps a replica of the Disney Bros. Studio, the Hyperion Studio or his model railroad (not the best of ideas but you get the picture). I hope that the office makes its way back home soon.

Nigel2
05-29-2003, 11:00 PM
Well they did create many exhibits, but they wanted to have something to be a centerpiece and they thought that an office would be the best.

CrayZforDisney
05-30-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by mousketeer
I wonder what's the ransom;)

Well, what ever the randsom is, Disneyland executives won't pay it! :D