PDA

View Full Version : Mlle. Antoinette's Parfumerie reopens at Disneyland

AVP
05-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Mlle. Antoinette's Parfumerie reopens at Disneyland today in the small New Orleans Square space that has been home to an estate jewelry store and a high-end handbag shop. Disney describes the store as "a distinctive luxury boutique, that will be home to classic fragrances from Givenchy, Guerlain, Christian Dior, Acqua di Parma and Emilio Pucci."

AVP

Chessur
05-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Aw, that's too bad. I liked the little boutique that was there before. I'm way more likely to buy a little trinket there than an expensive, high-end perfume I can get at home from Nordstrom... (Or at Sephora in Downtown Disney.)

mkraemer
05-29-2011, 07:07 AM
I had wondered about that when I saw all the antique perfume bottles in the window display of the store when we were there last weekend. I wonder if they will have some of the Disneyland-specific scents that the original store did...

AVP
05-29-2011, 09:05 AM
I wonder if they will have some of the Disneyland-specific scents that the original store did...Nope. I was told another site mistakenly reported that this location would sell custom-blend and Disneyland-exclusive fragrances, but that is not the case at this time. For yesterday's grand opening they had two special offers that are staples of the department-store-fragrance-counter-at-Valentines-Day scene - free bottle painting OR engraving. The artists said they were only scheduled to be there yesterday (too bad Disney didn't mention that in their announcement about the new store), but that they might be back for future promotions.

AVP

The Red Head
05-29-2011, 09:38 AM
I was at the ribbon cutting ceremony yesterday. The store is operated by LVMH, and the representatives that were their yesterday told us they will be carrying two scents that will be exclusive to Disneyland and WDW. One is Dior's Poison Hypnotic and I forgot what the other one was. A lot of people were buying perfume yesterday and having the bottles engraved with yesterday's date on them. They came out beautiful. The store that carry's their perfumes at WDW is in the French pavilion at Epcot.

AVP
05-29-2011, 12:55 PM
they will be carrying two scents that will be exclusive to Disneyland and WDW. One is Dior's Poison Hypnotic and I forgot what the other one was. Dance with Givenchy. You are correct, these are Disney-exclusive fragrances, and also offered at WDW.

AVP

10-97
05-30-2011, 09:06 AM
One thing my wife liked about the old store was how you could create a custom-blended scent, and they recorded the formula for future purchases. It would be nice if they offered this service again.

MadasaHatter
05-30-2011, 11:44 AM
I still have my bottle from Mlle. Antoinettes......love it. Didn't notice it this trip. I saw the sign but think that they have always kept that.....right? Or am I mad?

cookie7762
05-30-2011, 03:45 PM
I am confused... If the Givenchy and Dior fragrances are Disney exclusive, why are they available for purchases through dozens of normal retailers?

I got really excited to hear there were Disney exclusive fragrences coming to DL, and now I am disapointed that they are not in fact "exclusive" :confused:

cookie7762
05-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Perhaps they will sell this, too?:
http://www.treschicstyle.net/2011/05/disney-store-launches-exclusive.html

soccerlady16
05-31-2011, 06:35 PM
i hope they bottle the Soarin scent!

nursechrissy32
05-31-2011, 09:25 PM
i hope they bottle the Soarin scent!

OH YES!!!!!!! oranges!!!!!!!!!!!! mmmmm!!!!!!!!!!

How about a Pirate of the Carribean musk? ! love that smell!

AVP
05-31-2011, 09:44 PM
I got really excited to hear there were Disney exclusive fragrences coming to DL, and now I am disapointed that they are not in fact "exclusive" :confused:They are Disney-exclusive "editions," which tells me it's probably a bottle or packing change. There have been several "exclusive" editions of Dance with Givenchy.

AVP