PDA

View Full Version : AP merchandise discounts expire 1/31/2012

disney4iv
05-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Oh, it can't be true! I just saw this on the Disneyland AP site. It was always so nice to have that discount. :crying:
Does anyone know if this is on all AP's?

Iceman
05-26-2011, 03:21 PM
The way I took it was actually good news, that they are extending the EXTRA discounts all the way to next January. Basically 20% instead of 10%.

disney4iv
05-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Ok, I guess I should have said that my next trip won't be until 2012..... Was planning on getting AP's when we go. I didn't read about the extra discounts. I guess I will have to read it again. Thanks :)

disneyobsessed
05-27-2011, 07:42 AM
Normally the premium AP gives a 10% merchandise discount and the other APs give no merchandise. Temporarily (at least 2 years by the current end date of this promotion) the premium AP gives a 20% discount and the other APs give 10%. So it is a good thing that it has been extended to 1/31/12. From a business perspective, they ought to just make it a permanent discount after all this time. They've already upped the prices (on merchandise and APs) enough to compensate and will probably continue to do so, and getting a "discount" makes people feel good.

dlfansx4
05-27-2011, 07:51 AM
Ok, I guess I should have said that my next trip won't be until 2012..... Was planning on getting AP's when we go. I didn't read about the extra discounts. I guess I will have to read it again. Thanks :)

You may still receive the extra discounts. Since they started the "extra" discounts, it has always had an end-date associated with it. But then the end-date comes and they extend it. So there is hope that when it gets closer to 1/31/12, they decide to extend it again.

I am also hoping that they will just make the new discounts permanent. After two years of extending out this promotion, it may be hard for them to go back to the old discount structure (people, like me, have gotten really used to it, LOL).

Malcon10t
05-27-2011, 07:58 AM
You may still receive the extra discounts. Since they started the "extra" discounts, it has always had an end-date associated with it. But then the end-date comes and they extend it. So there is hope that when it gets closer to 1/31/12, they decide to extend it again. It started in 2009, with an end date of 1/4/2009 (or close to that) then extended to Feb, then to May, to Sept, then Jan 2010, then May, then Dec 2010, now 1/2012.... Wait til Jan to see new dates...

disney4iv
05-27-2011, 08:01 AM
I agree that they should make it a permanent discount. I didn't realize that they didn't have the discount before on Deluxe passes. Even though it isn't a huge discount, it did make me feel good. That's ok, I will still upgrade to an AP when I go because I LOVE Disneyland!:fez:

rickosuave1987
05-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Like stated before, it has gotten extended and extended ever since I had my first pass from Jan 09. I think they will extend it again. I think the 20% is a big selling point for premium AP's. I know for me it was over a deluxe...

ogold72
05-29-2011, 01:22 PM
I just purchased the Premium AP and the DLR website says that the discounts are 15%. Is the 20% a discount that is stated in the APs webpages or is it an unadvertised benefit? I dont have an AP # yet so I cant access the AP pages at this time. Any info would be appreciated!

cstephens
05-29-2011, 09:40 PM
I just purchased the Premium AP and the DLR website says that the discounts are 15%. Is the 20% a discount that is stated in the APs webpages or is it an unadvertised benefit? I dont have an AP # yet so I cant access the AP pages at this time. Any info would be appreciated!

As I recall, the 15% discount is for food purchases. Merchandise purchases include a 10% discount for premium APs, but for the past year or two, they've offered a bonus discount of an extra 10%, so premium APs get 20% off merchandise purchases whereas other levels of AP get 10% off whereas they normally don't get a merchandise discount.