PDA

View Full Version : Anyone enter the Star Tours pin contest?

Pages : [1] 2

Mermaid
05-26-2011, 01:07 PM
In the weekly update there was a link to enter a chance (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/special/detail?name=MerchReleaseStarToursRelaunchPinEntryP age) to buy the opening day pin, which is kind of funny in itself. Anyway, did anyone enter? Has anyone heard?

Shunasee
05-26-2011, 03:37 PM
I entered and have not heard anything yet.

Keeping my fingers crossed

SportyTink
05-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Yes and I just got an email that I won!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Stoked!

SportyTink
05-26-2011, 03:55 PM
...and my sister won too =) This is after we both won previews to Star Tours too! I think we are going to head out to Vegas this weekend!! :cool:

Mermaid
05-26-2011, 04:27 PM
My husband and I both won too! Yay!

Maus
05-26-2011, 07:32 PM
I got the email too. Not even sure why I entered. Turns out you have to get your wristband at Little Green Men store by 1 p.m. on June 2. Then return on the day of distribution, I assume June 3, to make your purchase. Really? Could they make it a little more complicated?

Mermaid
05-26-2011, 07:57 PM
I think (hope) the pins are available on June 2 and have to be purchased before 1PM. After that they are released to the public. It sounds like between 8-10AM you have to get the wristband outside the park. I have no clue where the "west esplanade information kiosk" is, but I guess I can find it. After 10:00 you can get the wristband and the pin at the store. But, really? Why can't we just show the email at the store? I guess to prevent multiple transactions? It is complicated, that's for sure.

Please print and take this confirmation letter along with a government issued photo ID (or a copy of a birth certificate if you have no such valid photo ID) to the West Esplanade Information Kiosk located outside the main entrance of DisneylandŽ Park on June 2, 2011 from one hour prior to DisneylandŽ Park opening until one hour after park opening. One hour after park opening Guests may visit Little Green Men Store Command until 1:00 p.m. to redeem for one wristband. Valid photo ID currently includes a government issued driver's license, passport or school ID.

Maus
05-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Please print and take this confirmation letter along with a government issued photo ID (or a copy of a birth certificate if you have no such valid photo ID) to the West Esplanade Information Kiosk located outside the main entrance of DisneylandŽ Park on June 2, 2011 from one hour prior to DisneylandŽ Park opening until one hour after park opening. One hour after park opening Guests may visit Little Green Men Store Command until 1:00 p.m. to redeem for one wristband. Valid photo ID currently includes a government issued driver's license, passport or school ID.

Wristbands are limited and entitle bearers the opportunity to purchase up to 2 limited edition Star Tours Opening Day 2011 pins.

Wristbands will be valid for the purchase of the pin(s) at the designated merchandise location until 1:00 p.m. on the day of distribution. At 1:00 p.m. any remaining pins will be available for purchase at the designated merchandise location by persons who have not previously purchased the pin(s) on the day of release.

Sounds like two different days to me. But I've been wrong before.

Mermaid
05-27-2011, 06:28 AM
Oh, well, I would be super annoyed if it was two different days since the 2nd is our last day at the park. Wait. Just looked at the calendar. The 2nd is Thursday, not Friday, you may be right. Okay. That is a PITA!!! But we will also be there Friday.

Edit again- from the contest page-

Enter the random drawing below for an opportunity to purchase this pin, scheduled for release June 2, 2011 at Little Green Men Store Command at Disneyland Park.

So, maybe it is all on the 2nd? I agree, it is confusing!

Shunasee
05-27-2011, 08:13 AM
not more than two minutes after I posted I got the email!

Kinda bummed, I work on Thursday. :( Trying to get the morning off, so I can go get the pins. I have a feeling if I wait till Friday, they wont be left.

Mermaid
05-27-2011, 08:30 AM
I wonder how many people entered. Everyone I know/heard of that entered won!

olegc
05-27-2011, 08:34 AM
I got mine too. For those challenged by legalese and lots of text - here is a summary.
On JUne 2nd - the day of pin release
1) you need a wristband to buy the pins - and a copy of the email with you. No email - no pins.
2) get your wristbands between 7 and 9am at the West Esplanade Kiosk (the stand just outside bag check)
3) between 9am and 1pm get your wristband at little green men (they may send you to TomorrowLanding, but go just to the right of it and find the table. they then will send you down into the old rocket rods queue to come back up in LGM)
4) after 1pm all remaining pins are available for anyone else to purchase.

rickosuave1987
05-27-2011, 08:40 AM
I won too and I understood the instructions the way olegc explained.

I think I will have to take half the day off to go get the pins.

Mermaid
05-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Thanks olegc! Now, dumb question, is west the DTD side or the Harbor Blvd side?

olegc
05-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Thanks olegc! Now, dumb question, is west the DTD side or the Harbor Blvd side?

DTD side...

KarenW2
05-27-2011, 12:29 PM
I don't remembering entering the contest for this, but obviously, I must have. I got my email the other day too. I'm not sure if I'll be going up just for this, since we're already going up on Sunday for our ST Preview.

rickosuave1987
06-01-2011, 04:31 PM
The pin looks pretty cool!

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/media/passholder_pin.jpg

See you all bright and early tomorrow! :geek:

olegc
06-01-2011, 04:44 PM
actually, since they did the web-based wrist band procedure - you have them essentially held for you as long as you get your wristbands, and purchase, before 1pm

rickosuave1987
06-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Yea, I know. But I do have a day job, so I am going early and hopefully getting out of there early to get back to work!

rickosuave1987
06-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Just left DLR. Got 2 of the pins I posted above but those aren't the ones that you needed a wristband for. Those were only passholder exclusive ones. The opening day pins are different. I will post a picture later.

cstephens
06-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Totally didn't notice that the pins were by lottery only so I never signed up. Dangit.

rickosuave1987
06-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Totally didn't notice that the pins were by lottery only so I never signed up. Dangit.

After 1:00 PM Today they are open for sale to the public.

Here is what they look like

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/rickosuave1987/45c145eb.jpg

Malcon10t
06-02-2011, 11:13 AM
MDM won. She wasn't sure about the place they sent her to pick them up.... The work "Creepy" entered the convo...

volcomnator999
06-02-2011, 11:19 AM
got the opening day pin...was too broke to afford the other one. guess thats what happens when your a college student and work part time. oh well at least i got 1 lol

rickosuave1987
06-02-2011, 11:21 AM
MDM won. She wasn't sure about the place they sent her to pick them up.... The work "Creepy" entered the convo...

I very much agree. I said it was sketchy when we walked in... I think it was part of the old rocket rods line? Underneath the little green men store.