PDA

View Full Version : Has Indiana Jones Adventure been toned down?

Disneyfreak
05-27-2003, 04:37 PM
It has been to my feeling of the ride in the past year that the ride just isnt as jerky as before. I loved it when it was very jerky. Is this due to lawsuits or is it due to lack of refurbishments? Also what effects do you think will be improved over the refurbishment?

MonorailMan
05-27-2003, 04:57 PM
I look at it 2 ways:

1. It's toned down.
2. I rode it so many times, that the jerkness I've gotten "use" to and don't feel it anymore.

Since I'm never to blame, I choose option 1. :~D
It does feel like it's been toned down. :)

Disneyfreak
05-27-2003, 05:30 PM
Hopefully the tone down is due to the lack of refurbs and they dont want it to shut down as often. If we are lucky the ride will be back to its old self after the refurb.

Rustin
05-27-2003, 08:02 PM
The problem I have had with this ride is the sound. In the Vehicle it's fine, but every time I see Indy, and he speaks to you it about pops my eardrums.

They need to tone down the high frequencies and make it sound like a guy shouting, not a guy shouting through a bullhorn.

as far as the ride motion, I don't remember it being any more jerky.

femmfaerie
05-28-2003, 08:46 AM
I remember waiting in line for Indy new years of 96 for 3 or 4 hours - super super jerky! I read somewhere that it has been toned down...I just dont remember where I read it. I heard guests were complaining. I also read while watching the lights while you are in line (they are kept dimmed like they are running on a generator) you can tell if the ride has broke down because the lights come all the way up and do not flicker.

Disneyfreak
05-28-2003, 04:00 PM
I WANT MY OLD JERKY RIDE BACK!!!! Its too smooth now. I used to actually get a rush riding that ride, now it is just like a normal car ride.:mad:
It used to tip alot further then now. I remember when the car was almost 90 degrees in the air, especially after the eye part. I am preying that it is just because its been awhile since a refurb and they did it to preserve the ride till then. To make it worse, all the special effects dont work!!!!:rolleyes:

Icy Bacon
05-28-2003, 04:01 PM
^ That's true about the lights

I've heard that the original version was toned down before the public even rode it, but it wouldn't surprise me much if it got toned down again... however, I like it rough ;)

Disneyfreak
05-28-2003, 04:05 PM
Everyone who sees this must tell them that at
disneyland. com so we might have a chance at riding the good version again.
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/common/contactUs

BE POLITE TO THEM!!!

cemeinke
05-28-2003, 06:19 PM
I hear the new sponser is going to be Lexus, so this is in preparation of a name change to Indiana Jones Luxery SUV Adventure

Next stop the Matterhorn...

jerjer2005
05-28-2003, 07:08 PM
ok heres the deal...

there are over 500,000 different ride combinations possible on the Indiana Jones Adventure. this could be the reason that you didnt feel as much "jerkyness". another reason is that certain cars are in better shape then the others. so its not the hole ride all together just individual cars.

Morrigoon
05-28-2003, 08:07 PM
The lights *used* to come up during a 101.

The problem I have had with this ride is the sound. In the Vehicle it's fine, but every time I see Indy, and he speaks to you it about pops my eardrums.

Duly noted :)

MonorailMan
05-28-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
I hear the new sponser is going to be Lexus, so this is in preparation of a name change to Indiana Jones Luxery SUV Adventure

Next stop the Matterhorn...

"Please stow any of your drinks, in one of the 96 cupholders provided."

In Car GPS: "At Gate-Doom, Merge LEFT onto stairs" :D

Disneyfreak
05-28-2003, 09:39 PM
I have ridden the ride about 5 times in a row and there was no difference in how jerky it was. Just for the record there are a 150,000 programs.:)
It even says so on this page at the bottom.
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/detail/attraction?id=IndianaJonesAdventureAttractionPage

But I hope my theory is right, that they toned it down to help out the ride itself until the next refurb. You have to admit that the ride is a champ in the longest without a refurb. I give it alot of credit holding together like that. When they open the ride up again after the rehab hopefully it will be its old self. again.:rolleyes: