PDA

View Full Version : Dinner with 14 guests!

disguy
05-27-2003, 04:09 PM
In two weeks my other half planned a birthday party for me in Disneyland so we have about 10-14 people joining us for a weekend trip to Disneyland! Can anyone suggest a good place for a nice lunch/dinner with a group that large. Some where adult friendly if possible. I was thinking Story Tellers but I still can't make up my mind.

treelofan
05-27-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by disguy
In two weeks my other half planned a birthday party for me in Disneyland so we have about 10-14 people joining us for a weekend trip to Disneyland! Can anyone suggest a good place for a nice lunch/dinner with a group that large. Some where adult friendly if possible. I was thinking Story Tellers but I still can't make up my mind. goofy's kitchen would be a nice place to eat they have the best prime rib

Dexter
05-27-2003, 05:00 PM
DisGuy,

Plaza Inn is a very nice place to eat, and very adult friendly. I don't know if the Blue Bayou will be open then (I just got home and am catching up on stuff still!)

BB can be considered very expensive and while they do what they can to accomodate large parties..... sometimes it's a tight fit.

Plaza inn is affordable and you can move the tables together to accomodate everyone...

French Market is my personal favorite, very adult friendly.

Don't forget to stop by city hall and get your sticker!!! ;)

HBTiggerFan
05-27-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by treelofan
goofy's kitchen would be a nice place to eat they have the best prime rib

Goofy's Kitchen isn't that adult friendly. It will have a bunch of kidlets in there, and can be loud. And I'm sure theres better prime rib elsewhere, like the Black Angus, Outback Steak House, Red Lobster, my BBQ...

I suggest Blue Bayou if it is open. I have heard nothing but positive things about the Napa Rose, though it is pricey. But hey, you only have a birthday once a year :D

Where ever it is that you go, make a reservation, be aware that there may be automatic gratuity added into the bill because of your large party (I think you can have it removed) and be sure to get a birthday sticker at City Hall :D

HAVE FUN!!!!

disneygeek87
05-27-2003, 06:07 PM
I highly reccomend Napa Rose in the GCH. The food is wonderful and I had great service when I was there. It is a bit pricey, but I think it is worth it. Good luck deciding where to go and Happy Birthday!

CarlieB
05-27-2003, 06:30 PM
If they can do a large booking, Ralph Brennan's is really nice (especially upstairs).

KarenW2
05-27-2003, 10:22 PM
Storyteller's is our favorite restaurant in DLR, in terms of price for the food and service received. We've never had a bad meal there yet - breakfast, lunch or dinner. It's very economical, so if there are some in your party who can't pay the huge prices of Napa or Ralph Brennan's, that would be a great choice. It also has a good menu with has a lot of choices, not as limiting as RBJK.

Hope you have a great birthday, wherever you decide to dine!!

disneydana
05-28-2003, 04:08 AM
I enjoy Yamabuki at the paradise Pier Hotel. Only open for lunch during the week. The food is great and the service is incredible. Also like Naples in Downtown Disney, Did you know that they are owned by the Patina Group? They are the same people that cater the Academy Awards every year. They have a huge patio. A group of 10-14 at the resort restaurants is really not that large. Disney Dining can arrange tables of 25. Anything larger and they will have to call the restaurants directly. If you are going in to DCA, the Trattoria is also a great "adult" restaurant. The wine bar is really cool. The staff has been very well educated about wine and wine service. Also a BIG Storytellers fan. Love the corn chowder.

AstroGoof
05-28-2003, 06:08 AM
Has everyone else had nothing but good experiences at Storyteller's?

We had a beyond bad experience for dinner there a while ago (11/01) and swore we'd never go back.