PDA

View Full Version : Impression of DCA's future

mousketeer
05-27-2003, 12:57 PM
I found this interesting post with graphic on a competitor's discussion board. Note: THIS WAS AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE. It is supposedly Phase 2 of DCA from an "imagineering insider". I'd like your impressions. It incorporates some scrapped Disneyland ideas, like Chinatown, International Street, and Hollywoodland.

http://www.mouseinfo.com/mousetalk/showthread.php?threadid=7240&highlight=Westcot

AliKzam
05-27-2003, 10:56 PM
Sorry. Too lazy to register with them. Hope it's funny.

HBTiggerFan
05-27-2003, 10:58 PM
That is funny.

Alikzam, you don't have to register with them to view their boards.

innerSpaceman
05-28-2003, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I remember seeing that awhile back over there. Mostly a reasonable attempt to expand the Hollywood Backlot section with other rides from its counterpart, Disney-MGM Studios in Florida. The one exception is the hysterical idea of putting in a version of Rio del Tiempo, easily Epcot's worst attraction ever and probably included in this plan as the only attraction that would make Superstar Limo look good.

AliKzam
05-28-2003, 02:54 PM
I clicked on the little attachment to the opening post, and I got a message saying I needed to be logged on. I don't know. It was late. Maybe their site was just acting up.

Pat-n-Eil
05-28-2003, 03:08 PM
I had to join, but I've put it on my server so you don't have to..
http://www.thompent.com/disney/dca.jpg

Moderator's Note: img tags removed. Img too big. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10101) Adrienne K

AliKzam
05-28-2003, 03:25 PM
Aww... Thank you!
That would be so nice if something like that was added to DCA.

jrad32
05-28-2003, 03:33 PM
Interesting. I don't really get how this goes with the California Theme, but it would be nice to have some more attractions.

A newer Great Movie Ride could be cool with updated animatronics and some newer movies.

River of Time is a horrible idea. Isn't a River of Time ride and superstar limo ride in the same park considered a sign of the apocolypse?

I'm guessing this plan pictured above would utilize the Timon parking lot?

jrad32
05-28-2003, 03:34 PM
Also not sure how Alien Encounter fits into COndor Flats, whether it's themed to Area 51 or not.

mousketeer
05-28-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by jrad32
Interesting. I don't really get how this goes with the California Theme, but it would be nice to have some more attractions.

A newer Great Movie Ride could be cool with updated animatronics and some newer movies.

River of Time is a horrible idea. Isn't a River of Time ride and superstar limo ride in the same park considered a sign of the apocolypse?

I'm guessing this plan pictured above would utilize the Timon parking lot?

Chinatown - San Francisco's Chinatown
Spanishtown - Downtown Los Angeles (Olvera Street)
Movies Area - Hollywood :confused:

I think that El Rio del Tiempo is actually a fun, cool break from a hot Epcot day. It may be weak, but it is whimsical, and with some fine tuning and new scenes, could actually be a good addition.

cemeinke
05-28-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Pat&Eil
I had to join, but I've put it on my server so you don't have to..
http://www.thompent.com/disney/dca.jpg

Cool - do you have any other copyrighted material you can share?

Where's my Avatar!

:fez:

Mod note: Img too big, as you know, but you re-posted it anyway, creating more work for me, and yeah, I wasn't watching the thread carefully because I had other things on my mind. Whatever. Adrienne K

jrad32
05-28-2003, 07:39 PM
OK, so if I buy the China town and Olevera Street ideas, I still don't see any justification for the Area 51 Alien Encounter. Last I checked Area 51 is in the Nevada desert.

Don't get me wrong I would like to see these additions, (except River of Time, I mean do we really need to ride in a boat and watch guys in speedos doing cliff diving on some television monitors?) but I think the first thing they should address is the fact that the California theme is bad and needs to go.

mousketeer
05-28-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
Where's my Avatar!:fez:

You are very bitter over the lack of avatars. :) I don't believe Pat&Eil is claiming to own the graphic, as the source is listed in my initial post. There is certainly not a case of plagiarism here, and in my opinion, copyright has not been violated. Maybe I'm mistaken, but the source was given proper credit in this thread, and I think it was courteous to post the graphic. Anyways, I'm not positive about this subject. So, its up to moderators.

karldotcom
05-28-2003, 08:06 PM
How about "Dotcom Graveyard" Just kidding.

There should be a big pavillion where people can burn their own copy of any CD or DVD in the Disney collection, pay for it at a cheap price and take it home with them. Some of the concert tours this summer are offering CDs of the concerts for sale at the completion of the show.

They need to add some more attractions to the area and create more perceived value...it was petty sparse there last Friday.

Pat-n-Eil
05-29-2003, 08:45 AM
cemeinke quipped

Cool - do you have any other copyrighted material you can share?

I assume this was a joke, but I have to reply because this is an issue near and dear to me.

This image was not represented as copyrighted and was posted for all to see on that other board. This thread credits the name of the other board and this picture indeed shows no copyright mark upon it. I do not believe I have violated the spirit of the author by posting the image in a more viewer friendly manner and I have not claimed that it is of my creation nor have I attempted to make any money by posting it. In fact, I have to pay for the bandwidth for you all to see it - and for you, in particular, to post it again! :eek:

So just sit back and enjoy it - quit griping about it and don't post it anymore.

cemeinke
05-29-2003, 07:17 PM
cemeinke quipped

I assume this was a joke, but I have to reply because this is an issue near and dear to me.

Yeah, actually it was more of a barb tossed to the moderators who normally don't allow anything posted that you or MP specifically own the copyright which has nothing to do with my own opinions on the matter.

Furthmore the remark about the avatars was to poke fun at the excuse that "bandwidth" is the reason we no longer have them or images of a size like you posted above.

Alas it appears that the moderators aren't particularly interested in this thread, so my sarcasm failed miserably.

Happy Posting
:fez:

Pat-n-Eil
05-29-2003, 07:38 PM
Ok.. I'm still kind of new here, so I don't know the personalities or some of the nuances of the posters.

On a somewhat related matter, how does my linking a larger image from my own server increase MousePlanet's Bandwidth?

(the Avatars, I guess, could be another matter - though as a webmaster myself who posts MPEGs & images, I can say that avatars are generally a non-starter in the bandwidth department).

cemeinke
05-29-2003, 08:20 PM
On a somewhat related matter, how does my linking a larger image from my own server increase MousePlanet's Bandwidth?

It doesn't - but is still considered a discourtesy to those MPers on Dial-up