PDA

View Full Version : [Ariel's Undersea Adventure] open?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

DizneyMommy
05-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Some people on another site are reporting having ridden Ariel today... is anyone in the park to check it out? We'll be in the park Monday and Tue and I'm curious if they are running a soft open.

kkmickey
05-21-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a Cast Member preview today . . . I don't know about a soft opening for the public, though.

allye
05-21-2011, 08:03 PM
When is this going public we will be there in few weeks, Staying at Grand California First time excited

kkmickey
05-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Opens to the public on June 3rd, I believe. I will be there the next weekend!

TowerofTerror
05-21-2011, 08:56 PM
it CM previews going on so public soft open yet

SigalTchelet
05-22-2011, 06:00 AM
We were told Yesterday bt a Star Tours cm that there were soft openings. So after STar Touts we hightailed overe there. No soft openings until the 31st and 1st. This week is just cast member previews. :'(

allye
05-22-2011, 01:56 PM
We'll be there 2 days after it opens. We have one morning that is early entry so We hope we hope We get in with out waiting to long.

heatherya
05-22-2011, 03:48 PM
do they do early entry to CA?

Mermaid
05-22-2011, 03:52 PM
No. They open the park to everyone at 9:30 (1/2 hour early) but only Soarin' and maybe GRR are open.

trypticon
05-22-2011, 05:30 PM
That doesn't mean they can't get in there at 9:30, and walk over to the Mermaid building to wait until it does open, likely like a few thousand other visitors are going to be doing that day.

fairestoneofall
05-22-2011, 07:22 PM
I thought they only did the 930 opening for DLR hotel guests? They used to let you in at the GCH entrance, queue you up and walk you over to TSMM before the main gate crowds got there. Has that changed? I just did it in April.

allye
05-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Oops I forgot there is 2 parks ;) we'll just have hurry over.

Malcon10t
05-22-2011, 07:57 PM
I thought they only did the 930 opening for DLR hotel guests? They used to let you in at the GCH entrance, queue you up and walk you over to TSMM before the main gate crowds got there. Has that changed? I just did it in April.They open the front gates at 930a also.

mkraemer
05-23-2011, 03:05 PM
If you're staying at the Grand Californian, use the hotel entrance rather than the front gates. The construction out front makes getting in a bit tricky.

When we were at the resort on Saturday, only cast members/their families were allowed on the Mermaid ride. No soft open other than that. And they were pretty darned strict about it. :(

Karin
05-24-2011, 07:21 AM
We tried for soft opening yesterday evening and were told it was still CM previews only but that they are going to do the same sort of AP exclusive opportunity that was done for Star Tours.

CindyR
05-24-2011, 09:05 AM
When we were at the resort on Saturday, only cast members/their families were allowed on the Mermaid ride. No soft open other than that. And they were pretty darned strict about it. :(

We were there too, so many people were trying to get on, but it's only cast members, and even cast members have to pick up tickets for the preview, so if you're there and a cast member and don't have a ticket for that day, even you don't get on. Haha. It was hard to watch though. I was so jealous.

jcruise86
05-24-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm pretty sure there is a Cast Member preview today . . . I don't know about a soft opening for the public, though.
Some people are apparently going with CM friends and giving their reviews. So far it seems like it's like the best Fantasyland-style kids ride ever, and if that is your realistic expectation, you'll love it. But if you go expecting a huge E ticket attraction you might be disappointed. The large impressive exterior may create some unreasonably high hopes, but the ride should be a popular hit for a long time--again, this is just from what I've read.

I really hope this doesn't make me sound like Smithers with his Malibu Stacey doll collection.

DizneyMommy
05-24-2011, 12:55 PM
A cm in the park today confirmed there would be an April preview for Ariel but I am pretty sure he gave me he wrong dates. He said may 29 and 30 but he said hey are not blackout days, which clearly they are! I am anxiously awaiting an official announcement would the right dates!

Mermaid
05-24-2011, 01:35 PM
That would be awesome- but I will also wait for an official announcement. CMs are known to give out wrong info!

shna
05-24-2011, 01:45 PM
I just looked on the Disney Blog & on the AP site, but I didn't see anything. I wonder if it's a super-secret hush-hush thing as you walk by the attraction.

Malcon10t
05-24-2011, 02:01 PM
The email I received today stated "Malcon10t, you're invited to preview The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel's Undersea Adventure at Disney California Adventure Park during regular Park hours on May 31 through June 1! No need to sign up, just show your valid Annual Passport and enjoy the ride.

Plus, be the first to shop for the new Little Mermaid Passholder Commemorative Collection. Stop by Embarcadero Gifts across from the entrance to the attraction for special merchandise—including commemorative collectible coins and more.

We hope you'll enjoy these special Little Mermaid opportunities—with our thanks for being a DisneylandŽ Resort Annual Passholder!"

Malcon10t
05-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Email today.... "Malcon10t, you're invited to preview The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel's Undersea Adventure at Disney California Adventure Park during regular Park hours on May 31 through June 1! No need to sign up, just show your valid Annual Passport and enjoy the ride.

Plus, be the first to shop for the new Little Mermaid Passholder Commemorative Collection. Stop by Embarcadero Gifts across from the entrance to the attraction for special merchandise—including commemorative collectible coins and more.

We hope you'll enjoy these special Little Mermaid opportunities—with our thanks for being a DisneylandŽ Resort Annual Passholder!

fairestoneofall
05-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Congrats, Mal! So, the question is, will you be making a trek south to redeem that invitation?

Mermaid
05-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Awesome!! I have not gotten that email, but that is great news!

Karin
05-24-2011, 02:14 PM
post deleted