PDA

View Full Version : People on Twitter are reporting that Star Tours is open for a soft opening

CariBelle
05-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Is anyone in the park?

3Princesses1Prince
05-20-2011, 06:25 PM
I heard the same thing. A DCA CM on the Disboards thought it opened today?!?!

Nemofan
05-20-2011, 07:24 PM
At about 4PM today when I walked by Star Tours - The Adventures Continue at Disneyland they were allowing regular park guests to ride. There was a sign saying that this could end at any time. My friend and I rode this morning during the “Star Tours Early Departure” event and thought it was great! You can read about our experience and see my photos at mydreamcametrue.com/startours

Grandpa Louie
05-20-2011, 09:42 PM
At about 4PM today when I walked by Star Tours - The Adventures Continue at Disneyland they were allowing regular park guests to ride. There was a sign saying that this could end at any time. My friend and I rode this morning during the “Star Tours Early Departure” event and thought it was great! You can read about our experience and see my photos at mydreamcametrue.com/startours

This was on the 6:00 pm News.

kiki
05-21-2011, 11:12 AM
They were as in yesterday doing a soft opening. Not sure if they will continue up until the official launching. But it wasn't all day. They only let a certain number on at a time then closed for a little bit then reopened. They did this open/close, open/close pretty much for the rest of the day. I rode it yesterday morning with the early departure contest. Amazing!!!!! Everyone on our ship was clapping after.

mitch
05-21-2011, 12:39 PM
I was there yesterday and made it on the ride. Hooray for soft openings!

The Little Mermaid ride was open for CM preview only.

Mitch

candles71
05-22-2011, 01:18 PM
I didn't notice the soft openings on Friday, but I don't think we had been in that area. We were too busy trying to fond a CM to mug for their ID to get on The Little Mermaid. :) Tuesday, we didn't see much activity over there, at ST. Occasionally you'd see a few CM's enter the building. Thursday, they had Que lines set up from the entrance to Star Traders, with a sign saying CM previews only. That evening, about 7 the que was full of people kids included, but they still said CM, so we figured family memebers maybe. Friday was the Blog previews. We did go in yesterday, Saturday, and we got to ride it as a soft opening "Sneak Preview" (what the sign said). Oh, and the rope que lines now went from, StarTraders to the building, and all the way down to the Corn Dog wagon, leaving staffed openings at the restrooms and Plaza Inn.

rickosuave1987
05-25-2011, 12:16 PM
They closed up quickly after 1 PM yesterday when the AP preview was over, and from what I saw stayed closed until the next round at 4PM.

I was hoping I could ride one more time in between the two scheduled times, but I guess twice was enough...

SigalTchelet
05-25-2011, 08:36 PM
I didn't notice the soft openings on Friday, but I don't think we had been in that area. We were too busy trying to fond a CM to mug for their ID to get on The Little Mermaid. :) Tuesday, we didn't see much activity over there, at ST. Occasionally you'd see a few CM's enter the building. Thursday, they had Que lines set up from the entrance to Star Traders, with a sign saying CM previews only. That evening, about 7 the que was full of people kids included, but they still said CM, so we figured family memebers maybe. Friday was the Blog previews. We did go in yesterday, Saturday, and we got to ride it as a soft opening "Sneak Preview" (what the sign said). Oh, and the rope que lines now went from, StarTraders to the building, and all the way down to the Corn Dog wagon, leaving staffed openings at the restrooms and Plaza Inn.

We got in on the soft opening at ST on Saturday too. Never did get on LM. :'( How about you? Did you get on LM?