PDA

View Full Version : Decade of Disney

Pat-n-Eil
05-26-2003, 06:03 PM
I was watching the Travel Channel today and they had an hour show all about DisneyWorld. I know this is the Disneyland thread, but I've never been to DisneyWorld and don't know if I ever will. I bring this up because of how many people are down on Michael Eisner et. al.

I thought the show was pretty interesting in that it talked about The Magic Kingdom being there for 11 years before EPCOT - and how people didn't understand the EPCOT concept which is why they added more rides. They showed how many hundreds of millions of dollars were spent on improvements, hotels and the new theme parks. Disney's MGM Studios (which was in the works BEFORE Universal did it - despite what most people think), Disney's animal Kingdom and all of the special events there.

They talked about how Michael Eisner was the impetus for the growth of the resort and the new parks and how the 90s were declared the "Decade of Disney" and were actually quite successful after a poor showing in the 80s.

Ths forum talks a lot about the decline of Disneyland and the apparent failure of DCA to draw appropriate crowds, but after seeing this show and the direction that has actually been taken by Mr. Eisner & Co., I have every hope that DCA will continue to grow and hone itself into the what we all hope it will be and that the future of Disneyland should be both rich and fulfilling to Disney fans..