PDA

View Full Version : What do you do on your breaks from the Parks?

CarlieB
05-26-2003, 01:59 PM
I tend to head back to the hotel, maybe have a swim, or if I'm tired, a nap. Then I'm ready to go again:-)

PsychDoc
05-26-2003, 02:41 PM
For me, it's a nap and a shower. That's the whole reason why I stay on property, so I have the convience of "going home" for a bit to freshen up. I find it very hard to enjoy DL when I'm hot, tired, and sticky from the heat in the summer. Also, I can change clothes if the weather changes up, which it often does in SoCal (cool morning to hot afternoon back to cool evening). I hate dragging around jackets and stuff.

disguy
05-26-2003, 04:27 PM
I take a nap sometimes but my biggest concern is a nice hot shower. I like to take a break in the middle of the day change my day clothes to night and clean myself up. I wish more people would take a break to shower in the middle of the day. :rolleyes:

CarlieB
05-26-2003, 04:39 PM
LOL - agreed:-) A nice hot bath can be refreshing too - tempting, with all of those goodies available at Basin in DTD...

justagrrl
05-26-2003, 05:54 PM
Since we live so close, we go for a few hours and then come home for lunch and to let the kids rest. Sometimes we go back and sometimes we just can't face the crowds and stay home. I love arriving when they park first opens, getting a bunch of rides in while there isn't much of a line, and then meandering around until we decide to head on back.

Bill Catherall
05-26-2003, 07:10 PM
I do what ever I can do get back to the parks as fast as I can. I hate leaving. It's like taking me off life support.

DisneyFan25863
05-26-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Bill Catherall
I do what ever I can do get back to the parks as fast as I can. I hate leaving. It's like taking me off life support.

Ditto :fez:

MonorailMan
05-26-2003, 07:34 PM
Me and mom usdeally head out to a Fast Food joint. Just to get away, and see real food prices again. ;) It's a way to get away from the mess, and get a little Chow time. :)

rexfarms
05-26-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
Me and mom usdeally head out to a Fast Food joint. Just to get away, and see real food prices again. ;) It's a way to get away from the mess, and get a little Chow time. :)
That shatters the magic. :(

BTMichael
05-26-2003, 08:41 PM
Wife and daughter usually go for a swim or trek around DTD. Both are fair-skinned, so they need a reprieve from the sun.

Husband gets 2-3 hours of full out play at Disneyland solo, including single rider lines. Now, why did the wife and kid leave me with their PassPorts? ;) :D

BTMichael

treelofan
05-26-2003, 08:42 PM
i count the days till i can go again

HBTiggerFan
05-26-2003, 08:59 PM
AT the DLR I'll go into the Grand Cal and sit in the lobby, or go park my butt in the anamation building for coolness and relax. I love it when DCA is empty. Escaping crowds into a cool mostly empty building is the only thing DCA is good for.

Between visits I have a life and do things such as work, study, hang out with my friends and clean my house and of course post on MP.

GeminiAngel
05-26-2003, 08:59 PM
I always go off-season. Park hours are shorter, so I stay put.

ActionMarco
05-26-2003, 10:48 PM
My gf and I just hang out in downtown disney and visit the shops.

MammaSilva
05-26-2003, 11:00 PM
We swim, shower, nap, have a meal then hit the parks refreshed and ready to hang til they toss us out! We stay close by on Harbor so the trip back and forth isn't too much effort and we enjoy the park so much more with that siesta :)

Not Afraid
05-26-2003, 11:20 PM
Well if you mean while at the park, that would be hanging out in the GC lobby, the animation bldg. or, on a less crowded day, on the bridge with the swans.

When I'm NOT going to the parks (and not working), I usually end up in LA, seeing films, plays, bands, art or taking day trips to outlying areas.

mandi2728
05-27-2003, 12:16 PM
Even with 3 kids under 4 we dont leave for a break during the day. Maybe my kids or ourselves are odd balls out. They just nap when needed and we keep going. I think my oldest, might have a heart attack if we left before the park closed....

PinkFloyd
05-27-2003, 12:58 PM
I too like to take a shower and freshen up. I also try and take a nap since my sister is a "Disneyland Comando" and we are usually at the park from open until close.

rexfarms
05-27-2003, 02:23 PM
Napping seems like such a waste of time. I could never do it unless I was amazingly tired. But for those of you who it works for, have fun, but I'll be out charging the parks.:)

BTMichael
05-27-2003, 02:37 PM
Leaving the parks isn't so much a matter of wasting time as it is a necessity in some cases. Some people truly need to get out of the afternoon heat, especially young children and the elderly. Some people just wilt in the afternoon heat. Besides, I think Disneyland is more enjoyable in the evening and night than in the afternoon (save for a run down GRR!:)).

I am grateful for those parents who take their young children away from the parks to get some rest in the afternoon. One of the worst park experiences is watching a parent "force" an overly tired and overheated child through the afternoon at Disneyland.

BTMichael

rexfarms
05-27-2003, 05:33 PM
I agree with you, but for me I can sleep at the Resort. I'm happy for those who do though. :)

crc9998
05-28-2003, 08:24 AM
I guess I am lucky, I really don't remember seeing a parent forcing an overly tired kid on a ride. My kids are great, even though we now (we use to live closer to the park and could leave, go home and go back) live further away, so we stay for entire days, instead of taking breaks. The only time, I see any tears from my kids is when we are leaving! My youngest is able to take a nap while in the stroller.

mandi2728
05-28-2003, 08:29 AM
I am grateful for those parents who take their young children away from the parks to get some rest in the afternoon. One of the worst park experiences is watching a parent "force" an overly tired and overheated child through the afternoon at Disneyland.
Again, I guess I must be in the minority, but I dont need to force anything with my kids, if anything, they keep us going. We go 5 or 6 days straight once a year, and those kids are smiles from open to close. We have a double stroller, and rent one if needed, if all 3 kids want to sleep. Then we just walk around or maybe ride switch. And mommy is more of a heat grouch than the kids ever are, hence the reason we always go in Oct.

The only time, I see any tears from my kids is when we are leaving!
Isnt that the truth!!!!

YellowMan
05-28-2003, 01:18 PM
Well, if I'm making it a "trip" to Disneyland (as in, I'm spending the night in a hotel) I enjoy taking a break back in the room where I rest in the bed (never nap though), watch TV, take a shower, and just hang for a few hours.

However, if I'm just at Disneyland for the day and I feel I need a break from the crowds, I usually take the Paradise Pier Hotel exit from DCA and wander through the various hotels.

rexfarms
05-28-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by YellowMan

However, if I'm just at Disneyland for the day and I feel I need a break from the crowds, I usually take the Paradise Pier Hotel exit from DCA and wander through the various hotels.

Thats fun, I agree! Esp. the Disneyland Hotel and its waterfalls. :D Making me Disneyland sick(like homesick);)