PDA

View Full Version : Muppets in 4-d

UnclePetey
05-18-2011, 10:13 AM
with Jason Segel writing the new Muppet movie, I was wondering if the muppet in 4-d show at DCA is still being shown or if they are still using it for the ElecTRONica promotion. Does anyone know?

IllusionOfLife
05-18-2011, 11:34 AM
My understanding is that during weekdays all day and weekends before 6 it is still showing Muppet*Vision 3D and that the ElecTRONica preview is only shown on weekend nights. Disney has been really pushing the Muppets lately so I (thankfully) don't think that Muppet*Vision is going anywhere anytime soon.

houseofmouse
05-18-2011, 05:18 PM
I thought they were showing a TRON preview there before the movie came out??

IllusionOfLife
05-18-2011, 05:41 PM

It was part of ElecTRONica and, as far as I know, it's still being shown since ElecTRONica has been extended through the summer.

animal24
05-18-2011, 09:38 PM
It is. But only at night. They make it so you enter and exit through the normal exit, and light the theater blue and turn the normal walls off. The queue for the tron preview is still there during the day, but you don't notice it because you would have to look backwards while exiting.

I love Muppet 4d, but I wouldn't mind an update. I love the Muppet in general really, can't wait for "the Muppets" to come out at thanksgiving

oregontraveler
05-19-2011, 07:23 AM
I love Muppet 4d, but I wouldn't mind an update. I love the Muppet in general really, can't wait for "the Muppets" to come out at thanksgiving

I would agree an update is overdue, seeing how the theater's footprint is too small to bring PhilHarmagic in there. However seeing how Disney bought Marvel. It is sacrliege to even mention the possibilty of a Marvel-themed film in the near future???

IllusionOfLife
05-19-2011, 09:20 AM
I would agree an update is overdue, seeing how the theater's footprint is too small to bring PhilHarmagic in there. However seeing how Disney bought Marvel. It is sacrliege to even mention the possibilty of a Marvel-themed film in the near future???

I think he was referring literally to updating the Muppet 3D show, not replacing it with something else. Besides, if you're going to do Marvel, do it properly and make a thrill ride. A 3D show is a cop out for that property.

houseofmouse
05-19-2011, 10:20 AM
So they are STILL showing the TRON preview? Even though the movie is out on DVD now?? Lame. :( I hope if the new Muppets movie does well, then the time will come to replace the show which is fun but old with a new one!! :)

oregontraveler
05-19-2011, 12:06 PM
I think he was referring literally to updating the Muppet 3D show, not replacing it with something else. Besides, if you're going to do Marvel, do it properly and make a thrill ride. A 3D show is a cop out for that property.

I got the Muppets reference. Seeing that a new movie is coming out, it would be nice to have a new theme park film as well.