PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or is Haunted Mansion really loud now? + New effects?

HBTiggerFan
05-25-2003, 11:50 PM
I went on the HM today and all the audio seemed super loud. The Doombuggies were extremely loud, all the effects were really loud, much louder than normal. It was as if the entire ride volume went from 6 to a 56. I think it needs to be turned down. When was this done? Or is it just me?

Also in the graveyard I noticed some new ghosts that were floating up, one of the pop-up ghosts is really loud and really bright from the black light, almost as if there was a new blacklight on the ghost. The ghoul in the crypt is still working too.

I know that a total rehab is needed to add new effects, I also know that a week ago when I was on the HM these effects were not on it, nor was the volume this loud. So it is my conclusion is that they are doing minor things to the ride at night.

Any comments? Thoughts? Am I imaging all of this?

MonorailMan
05-26-2003, 08:01 AM
No, I think your right HB. Last time we went, it was very loud too. ALso, I think they pumped up the volume, now that in in-buggy music is gone.

(Derail Ahead: I still can't stand what the spiel is doing to the script. Ether it skips "We find it...", and gets on to "Hot and cold", or it does the reverse.)

Also, the "mummy" ghosts are brighter now. :)

DisneyFan25863
05-26-2003, 08:16 AM
Hmmm......I'll have to check this out :~D

BTW: Should I bring my bright pink earmuffs or my blue ones? :fez:

shila
05-26-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan

(Derail Ahead: I still can't stand what the spiel is doing to the script. Ether it skips "We find it...", and gets on to "Hot and cold", or it does the reverse.)

Okay sorry to go a little off topic but I have to ask. Why do they do that "derailed" thing and stop all of the buggies. My original thought was maintenance reasons but it happens so often that I threw that idea out of the window. Anyone know?

MonorailMan
05-26-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by shila
Okay sorry to go a little off topic but I have to ask. Why do they do that "derailed" thing and stop all of the buggies. My original thought was maintenance reasons but it happens so often that I threw that idea out of the window. Anyone know?

It's to let disabled guests have time to transfer onto the buggy! :)

shila
05-26-2003, 09:54 AM

Ahhhhh... haha. Now I feel dumb. It always seems to be the obvious. Thanks

Laffite
05-26-2003, 03:31 PM

True. A disabled guess trip and fell on the conveyor last night. CM hit the e-stop. No decapitations took place though.

Klutch
05-26-2003, 06:29 PM
Too loud? Too bright? Too shocking? Are these changes for real, or are we just getting old. :confused:

Morrigoon
05-26-2003, 10:48 PM
I wish they'd ditch some of the newer parts to the main spiel. Specifically the "All our ghosts have been dying to meet you, this one can hardly contain himself" and "Perhaps Madam Leota.......for materializing - the disembodied"

Also, it has been two months since I went to City Hall to let them know that the sound effects in Leota's room are not synched to her spiel, as of yesterday it is STILL messed up. (and I followed up 2 weeks later, too!)

DisneyFan25863
05-29-2003, 11:40 AM
Okeyday, I went to DL yesterday, and I have to say, I noticed ALOT of new things in HM. And I agree, the effects and sound are WAY too loud :rolleyes: