PDA

View Full Version : Prop problems [at DCA Aladdin show]

treelofan
05-25-2003, 06:35 PM
today at the 12:45 & 2:30 shows of aladdin they had prop troubles, the curtain that comes up, after the parade sceen didn't come up, they started playing jasmine's solo music. it did then go up, the wall that aladdin stands on after jasmine's solo didn't go up, then aladdin's trap door wasn't working. & the carpet on stage didn't come out the actors did a great job during these 2 shows. my hat go off to them.

DJ_MENTOS
05-25-2003, 07:53 PM
Too bad I missed it. I always enjoy watching them improv their way through things like that. They are definitely very talented. Hopefully it didn't steal from the show for someone's first time.

treelofan
05-25-2003, 07:56 PM
dj i don't think anyone caught on to it, but people like me who watches every show did :)

luvmickey
05-25-2003, 09:41 PM
I saw the 4:45 show and there were also problems. The cast of Aladdin did a wonderful job, especially Nick and Timothy. Nick did a great ad lib when he didn't get enough time to take off Aladdin's cape. He didn't have the cape off and he told Aladdin that he wasn't finished. Aladdin told him not to worry, and the Carpet and him went off backstage. Genie turns to the audience and ad libs. He says, "I wasn't finished yet. Now I am mad. I am going to stand here and hold my breath until I turn blue!" Hilarious. My hats off to them. :D

treelofan
05-25-2003, 09:55 PM
man someone remind me not to miss another show again :( i missed the best one it sounds like.